PDA

View Full Version : Chargers On a Down Spiral....

SteelFist
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I knew that this would happen to them once they hired Norv Turner. Their owner is a very foolish one for following the advice of A.J Smith. They should have kept Marty. :dang:

No wonder the Manning's wanted to stay as far away from that organization as humanly possible......Even if it meant the other side of the country.

fansince'76
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, I said when the hire was made that if Turner came in and guided a team that loaded in talent to anything less than 11-5, he should not only be fired, but also never be given the opportunity to be a NFL HC again. It's still early, but his margin of error is getting thinner.

timbok
09-24-2007, 01:48 PM
1-2 still a shocker,if the Chargers don't win the division..its a big disappoint me

Mosca
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
LOL, listening to Ditka on Mike & Mike this morning; "Well, Marty's gone but they still have the GM, and as we all know a good GM is the key...."

Tom

SteelFist
09-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, I said when the hire was made that if Turner came in and guided a team that loaded in talent to anything less than 11-5, he should not only be fired, but also never be given the opportunity to be a NFL HC again. It's still early, but his margin of error is getting thinner.

He's a good OC and seems like a nice guy, but just not HC material.

The whole thing with Marty and A.J. never seeing eye-to-eye should have been handled the same way the Cowher-Donahue drama was handled.

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2007, 02:14 PM
LOL, listening to Ditka on Mike & Mike this morning; "Well, Marty's gone but they still have the GM, and as we all know a good GM is the key...."

Tom

:hasign:
/sarcasm duly noted and received! :wink02:

Livinginthe past
09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Ok, I think the criticism of the Chargers is overly harsh.

Their 14-2 season last year is hanging round their neck like a millstone - fact is LT had one of the alltime great seasons by a RB - most of the time he was just plain unstoppable.

Its going to take a little time for this team to adjust to the whole new coaching team, but im convinced that that, if he can find time in between chewing his QB out, LT will rediscover some of the 2006 vintage form before long and the rest of the team will follow suit.

Thats the problem with 14-2 seasons - there is very little scope to improve - and the NFl is such an overly reactionary league..and its fans are too.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok, I think the criticism of the Chargers is overly harsh.

Its going to take a little time for this team to adjust to the whole new coaching team, but im convinced that that, if he can find time in between chewing his QB out, LT will rediscover some of the 2006 vintage form before long and the rest of the team will follow suit.

They are fortunate Denver is not playing well either - both of those teams are underpeforming.

IMO the Chargers are facing what I thought might be an issue with the Steelers - going into the season the big isssue for both teams was the changes in coaching - (at least the Steelers kept LeBeau). Once you get off to a slow start the self-doubt creeps in, which is not helped if the players start jawing at one another.

The schedule helps the Bolts - Chiefs, Texans and Raiders at home + Denver & Vikes on the road before a stretch of Colts, at Jax, & Ravens.

silver & black
09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Do you know how much I'm lovin this...do you!? :sofunny:

revefsreleets
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
You should be. After (personally) watching the Chargers play twice, seeing how Denver has struggled with inferior teams, and KC tank, the Raiders may have a shot to win the AFC West. 7-9 may do it, since you all have to play each other a couple times.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Do you know how much I'm lovin this...do you!? :sofunny:
the division, is the raiders for the taking !!!.......:toofunny:

silver & black
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
^^^ I'm not sure we can win the division, but it sure does warm my heart to see the dolts and the donkos tanking this early. :thumbsup:

The Raiders have definitely improved over last year, but there is MUCH work to do before they make the playoffs.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2007, 09:06 PM
^^^ I'm not sure we can win the division, but it sure does warm my heart to see the dolts and the donkos tanking this early. :thumbsup:

The Raiders have definitely improved over last year, but there is MUCH work to do before they make the playoffs.

speaking of which.....i havent seen our charger rep around since the season started (boltfan)....:hunch:

yeah the raiders do look like a different team.they look way more confident and are coming together as a unit on both sides of the ball. jordan is looking more like the back he was coming out of UMD than he has since he's been in the league. thier gonna suprise some teams this year, and are only a few players away from being a serious perrenial contender.:cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll shit myself when I see Oakland Raiders 2007 AFC West Division Champions gear later this year.

I am so happy for one Lane Kiffin. Nobody gave him a snowballs chance in hell of making it through the bye week as Oakland's HC. It looks like he may end up in Oakland for a looooooong time.

silver & black
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=RoethlisBURGHer;299248]I'll shit myself when I see Oakland Raiders 2007 AFC West Division Champions gear later this year.
[
I am so happy for one Lane Kiffin. Nobody gave him a snowballs chance in hell of making it through the bye week as Oakland's HC. It looks like he may end up in Oakland for a looooooong time.[/QUOTE

I sure hope so. We finally have a coach that shows some moxy, and can relate to the players on their level. He has brought in a very capable staff that has this team going in the right direction.

I'm happy with what I've seen so far. There is definitely more work to do, but I can see us contending in 09, and possibly even 08 if this continues.

After JR takes the helm, (next year) and M. Bush is on the field... I think we will be a force in the west again.

verks36
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
they should have never fired marty schotinhimier just goes to show u dont fire your coach after he goes 14-2

Livinginthe past
09-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Congrats on the 1-2 start.

How do you feel about lazy malcontent Randy Moss tearing up the league with 3 consecutive 100 yard games?

silver & black
09-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Congrats on the 1-2 start.

How do you feel about lazy malcontent Randy Moss tearing up the league with 3 consecutive 100 yard games?

I don't really have to tell you, do I? :wink02:

I knew he would. He's happy... for now. I know you think the honeymoon won't end, but it will. You have a great team right now, and as long as you do, he'll produce for you. Start to falter a little, and watch Randy show his colors. I know you don't believe it, but...

Anyway, congrats on the 3-0 start, and the excellent play your team is showing. Did I ever mention that I hate your team? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't really have to tell you, do I? :wink02:

I knew he would. He's happy... for now. I know you think the honeymoon won't end, but it will. You have a great team right now, and as long as you do, he'll produce for you. Start to falter a little, and watch Randy show his colors. I know you don't believe it, but...:

I don't see us getting as dysfunctional as the Raiders were for the last couple of years - even though they appear to be headed in the right direction , they were basically a blocked FG from losing to the worst team in the league and hitting 0-3.

Anyway, congrats on the 3-0 start, and the excellent play your team is showing. Did I ever mention that I hate your team? :sofunny:

Thanks.

And yeah, I think that has come up in coversation before :wink02:

rog
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
It has been a little while since I have seen a player as good as LT so frustrated after a game. Teams are just shutting him down and there is not much he can do about it because his o-line is just getting manhandled. I would have never believed he was only averaging 2.8 a carry over a 3 game strech. I think they had an overconfidance problem coming into the season and it has definatly caught up to them. I do think they can turn this around if they don't start turning on each other (i.e. LT yelling at his young QB on the sidelines). Turner needs to shake this team up a little to get their attention.

silver & black
09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=Livinginthe past;299531]I don't see us getting as dysfunctional as the Raiders were for the last couple of years - even though they appear to be headed in the right direction , they were basically a blocked FG from losing to the worst team in the league and hitting 0-3.

I don't think its possible for any team to be as dysfuctional as the Raiders have been over the past couple of years.

You're right, the game should have never been as close as it was with all the opportunities we had to crush them. Like I said, there is still much work to do... but I will take this team over last year's any day.

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
The West is awful. SD is the class of the division, and they've been exposed. Denver barely beat the Raiders and horrible Bills. KC is a joke. I'm telling you, this could be the first division ever where the "champ" is 6-10. The Raiders have a real shot at this.

Edman
09-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Firing Marty after a 14-2 season was rather odd, letting Marty's staff go was very questionable, but hiring Norv Turner was just stupid. All of this AFTER the coaching carousel ended! Genius! Replacing a guy who can't win in the playoffs with a guy who can't win in the regular season and destroys every team he touches really shows the brilliance of the Chargers front office. If I were an SD fan, I'd be rather ticked right now. Fair Shot or not, The Chargers have no business starting out 1-2 with the talent that's on that team. The FO has practically set the team back years now.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-25-2007, 11:09 PM
If they were gonna fire Marty, they should have just done it right after the playoff loss.

Then they would have had a great shot at Whiz, Grimm, Tomlin, etc. They could have promoted either coordinator. But no, they waited until well after every good/decent option was gone to fire Marty and then replaces him with Norv F'n Turner! This guy couldn't head coach his way out of a wet paper bag!

So what are the Chargers gonna do with their top 10 pick? Get a WR? Maybe they will actually get a DB who can cover someone.

SteelFist
09-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't see us getting as dysfunctional as the Raiders were for the last couple of years - even though they appear to be headed in the right direction , they were basically a blocked FG from losing to the worst team in the league and hitting 0-3.

:bs:Sorry, but Cleveland is not the worst team in the league. I actually think they're a little underrated. Time will tell.

Livinginthe past
09-26-2007, 12:16 PM
:bs:Sorry, but Cleveland is not the worst team in the league. I actually think they're a little underrated. Time will tell.

You think that huh?

So what?

Its not BS unless you can prove something outside of a 'feeling' that they are underrated.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
You think that huh?

So what?

Its not BS unless you can prove something outside of a 'feeling' that they are underrated.
and what factual basis do you have to support your claim of them being the worst team in the league? 15 other teams share, or have a worse ,record than clevland at this point.....:coffee:

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2007, 08:29 PM
It's a long season, but with their deadly combination of off the field troubles and on the field incompetence the Falcons are shaping up to be to football awfulness what the Pats and Colts are to football excellence - IMO the Falcons are the indisputable early leader for the worst team in the league

SteelFist
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
You think that huh?

So what?

As I said....:bs:.......Cleveland is NOT the worst team in the league. Thats fact.

Cleveland - 27
Baltimore - 13

silver & black
09-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Ha ha... another loss for the mighty dolts... NORV ROCKS!!! :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
10-01-2007, 02:03 AM
As I said....:bs:.......Cleveland is NOT the worst team in the league. Thats fact.

Cleveland - 27
Baltimore - 13

Fair enough - good on Cleveland for turning them round - i'd like to see Crennel do well.

So thats give's you a little extra value on the Browns win - shame that doesn't translate to taking down the mighty Cards though.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 02:58 AM
You think that huh?

So what?

Wow... Could you possibly shoot yourself in the foot more times in a season than you already have? All I ever see from you is "You think that? What does you thinking that prove"

Well what the hell, you have less facts to back up what you say on this board than Allen Iverson has words in his vocabulary. We're talking about practice.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2007, 03:00 AM
Wow... Could you possibly shoot yourself in the foot more times in a season than you already have? All I ever see from you is "You think that? What does you thinking that prove"

Well what the hell, you have less facts to back up what you say on this board than Allen Iverson has words in his vocabulary. We're talking about practice.

Hey,

I got a nice juicy thread started up in the BF so you can vent your anger at being beaten up by an NFC pretender.

I think of it as a public service, to prevent you acting like a jerk in the NFL forum.

So, go.

Vent.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 03:03 AM
A public service would be keeping the NFL in the country it belongs.

SteelFist
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Fair enough - good on Cleveland for turning them round - i'd like to see Crennel do well.

So thats give's you a little extra value on the Browns win - shame that doesn't translate to taking down the mighty Cards though.

Thats ok, we'll bounce back. :flap:

Remember, you have a game to play tonight.

Livinginthe past
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Thats ok, we'll bounce back. :flap:

Remember, you have a game to play tonight.

Sure, I know it.

Should be a good one :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey,

I got a nice juicy thread started up in the BF so you can vent your anger at being beaten up by an NFC pretender.

I think of it as a public service, to prevent you acting like a jerk in the NFL forum.

So, go.

Vent.

Thanks for the warning - I wil stay away from your locker room and blast furnace posts as a service to me

Livinginthe past
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the warning - I wil stay away from your locker room and blast furnace posts as a service to me

Probably a good idea, Dan.

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM

Vent.

:toofunny: the irony.

but since this is a football forum and you bring infinite wisdom, continue on about how the jets dont belong in the same sentence with the browns and how the manginites are "playoff contenders". :busted:

and if you wanna go on with how great the chargers, bears and saints are, we'll laugh at that too.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Allen Iverson has words in his vocabulary. We're talking about practice.

Ebonics or the King's English?

MasterOfPuppets
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
anyone hear the chargers fans chanting....maaaarty....maaaarty....:toofunny: