PDA

View Full Version : 420 td's. no love for Brett Favre????

tony hipchest
09-24-2007, 07:38 PM
congrats to brett :cheers: (although this thread may be met with the same reception as barry bonds breaking the HR record.)

i cant believe some football fans practically demanded that brett retire like he had no business or right to continue playing. what he did against the chargers was almost bradyesque with 1/10th of the talent vs. common opposition. if he can keep playing like this a. rogers might as well demand a trade.

and in true humble form, favre told peter king he could throw 600 td's and still not be in the same class as marino.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I hate Brett Favre. He's a lucky son of a bitch, and he always screws up bets I make. I don't give people like that any "respect where it's due" or anything, because being spiteful is easier and it makes me feel better.

So I guess LITP was not the only one who took the Chargers and gave the 4&1/2 yesterday?:sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I hate Brett Favre. He's a lucky son of a bitch, and he always screws up bets I make. I don't give people like that any "respect where it's due" or anything, because being spiteful is easier and it makes me feel better.

:chuckle: "GOOOOOO BRETT"! :tt02:

fansince'76
09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Congrats to Favre - how far is he off of Marino's career yardage record? Should be pretty close, I would think.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
a. rogers might as well demand a trade.

and in true humble form, favre told peter king he could throw 600 td's and still not be in the same class as marino.

Rogers ain't goin' anywhere. Even Favre is a little surprised by start. I'm glad to see the Favre Saga has turned postive though. They're going to have to keep a resemblance of a running game intact if this is expected to continue.

The Duke
09-24-2007, 08:08 PM

That's the favre we know and love, classy as always. He may get another record soon(not that it matters either) with 3 more interceptions surpassing George Blanda's all time intereceptions. Not that Favre is in the same class as Blanda :wink02:

Edman
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Plenty for love for Favre from me. But he still isn't immune to criticism(Unless you're John Madden or a Packer fan).

Haiku_Dirtt
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
That's the favre we know and love, classy as always. He may get another record soon(not that it matters either) with 3 more interceptions surpassing George Blanda's all time intereceptions. Not that Favre is in the same class as Blanda :wink02:

:toofunny:

:cloud: Just have to rain on the parade don't you.

83-Steelers-43
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Always liked Favre.

Class act. Never got a big head. Never called out anybody (coaching staff or players). Always held himself in a professional manner. The guy was/is a warrior. Never bitched about injuries. I wish the guy the best in and out of football.

Old school type of player. A mentality that is lacking in this league.

Godfather
09-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats to Favre - how far is he off of Marino's career yardage record? Should be pretty close, I would think.

A little over 3000 yards to go. Might get it this yaer, maybe next year.

I'm a big Brett fan. I'm sitting a few miles from where he grew up.

tony hipchest
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
A little over 3000 yards to go. Might get it this yaer, maybe next year.

I'm a big Brett fan. I'm sitting a few miles from where he grew up.i thought it was gonna take him atleast 3 games into next season to break it.
hes in the top 5 in passing yardage, so far, this season so he could do it this year. i wouldnt be suprised for him to break it this season and still return next year.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2007, 12:33 AM
So I guess LITP was not the only one who took the Chargers and gave the 4&1/2 yesterday?:sofunny:

Heh heh.

Yep, that was a p*sser - luckily I offset it by taking the Patriots at -16.5 vs the Bills.

Im looking very hard @ taking the Patriots at -7 vs the Bengals this week.

NateC
09-25-2007, 03:58 AM
The Steelers SHould Trade all Our 08' Picks For Brett Favre.:banana:

rog
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Congrats to Favre he has been my favorite non-Steeler for awhile now.

Elvis
09-30-2007, 06:32 AM
How can any true Football fan not love Brett? He is a great player that has not missed a game in how long? 200 and something games... are kidding me?... He has had better seasons' statisticly, but he is leading a very young team this year and they are 3-0 so far and looking as good as any NFC team can. The guy is as tough as nails and I think that his nick name should be ..."Wayne"... As in John Wayne.. The guy is a perfect example of what all football players should be like..
:tt02:

The Duke
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
He did it!! 421 td pass to greg Jennings

MACH1
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Just threw the record setting TD.
Congrats to Brett

HometownGal
09-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Awesome!!! Congrats to Brett! :cheers::thumbsup:

Preacher
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
You have admire the guy..

What I like about him the most... He came out on his own, admitted he got addicted to pain pills... dealt with it and moved on. Very impressive.

Godfather
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Watch for his nephew Dylan in a few years. Dylan is a sophomore at St. Stanislaus High and is tearing up the league.

The Duke
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Watch for his nephew Dylan in a few years. Dylan is a sophomore at St. Stanislaus High and is tearing up the league.

I didn't know that. Dylan Favre, the next great NFL QB!!

LambertIsGod58
10-01-2007, 07:04 AM
I wish all this love was coming out for Favre last year and the year before...