PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Dealers 400 - Dover

HometownGal
09-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Just returned from my 4 day annual trip to Dover, DE for my NASCAR fix! The Dodge Dealers 400 was quite a strange, but yet exciting race with Carl Edwards coming out the victor.

So many cautions and the last quarter of the race was a bit bizarre with all of the mayhem - especially the 12 car pile up in Lap 386, which occurred almost directly in front of us coming out of Turn 2. Dover is a tough track and Turns 2 and 3 are treacherous. The race ended around 6 PM but the way it was going, we didn't think the race would be over until midnight - LOL!

Along with the rest of me, my middle finger is quite exhausted. As I've made no secret of - I can't stomach Tony Stewart and every time the pompous little jagoff driving the #20 passed my seat, I flipped him off. :flipoff: By Lap 200, the group behind me followed suit. :sofunny:

I'd love to try to get to Talledega next season along with my tradition of going to Dover. For those of you who can't understand us NASCAR fans' enjoyment of watching a race - to really get totally into it, you have to attend a live race - there's nothing like it (well - other than Steelers football!) :banana:

TackleMeBen
09-25-2007, 09:50 AM
oh HTG you definately need to go to a race at Dega... just dont camp on the infield.. you may see some things you wish you hadnt.

and how dare you flip out tony stewart. i love smoke.. he is awesome.

HometownGal
09-25-2007, 10:29 AM
and how dare you flip out tony stewart. i love smoke.. he is awesome.

I didn't flip out on Stewart - I FLIPPED HIM OFF, which is my right as a paying customer. Though I can't deny that he is a good driver, I think he is one of the dirtiest and most underhanded on the circuit and as pompous and arrogant as they come.

TackleMeBen
09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I didn't flip out on Stewart - I FLIPPED HIM OFF, which is my right as a paying customer. Though I can't deny that he is a good driver, I think he is one of the dirtiest and most underhanded on the circuit and as pompous and arrogant as they come.

i meant off not out..lol.. sorry for the wrong word.. and yes it most certainly is your right as a paying customer. you would be happy to know that stewart got a girl fired from her job at hooters b/c he told the manager that she didnt have big enough hooters

HometownGal
09-25-2007, 11:54 AM
you would be happy to know that stewart got a girl fired from her job at hooters b/c he told the manager that she didnt have big enough hooters

I rest my case.

TackleMeBen
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I rest my case.

lol:sofunny:

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Are there pictures? I had 8 tickets to that race and had to give them away. Argh!:dang::wink02::dang:

SteelCityMan786
09-25-2007, 07:13 PM

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: HOLY SHIT!

Fire Haley
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm back from the hospital after slitting my wrists.

Matt lead 800 bazillion laps and the motor blows with 25 to go.

Just kill me now.

revefsreleets
09-27-2007, 07:43 AM
He might be okay. It depends on if this is the kind of year where all the guys have a bad race or not.

prodrivewrx2nv
09-27-2007, 07:48 AM
I have been to three races. Two at Lowes and one at MIS. I loved Lowes but liked MIS. Races are definitely a fun time. I hope to take my wife to her first race this coming summer. Not sure if we'll be able to do it though.

I cannot wait until next year to see Junior race for Hendrick motorsports. I was so mad at what DEI did to him....

HometownGal
09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Are there pictures? I had 8 tickets to that race and had to give them away. Argh!:dang::wink02::dang:

Yes - I have to get them developed when I finish the roll and will post 'em! It sucks that you had to give those tix away -it was one helluva race!

Killer - I feel your pain. :dang:

revefsreleets
09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
It was definitely a crazy race, and I would have loved to have gone. Can't wait to see the pictures.