PDA

View Full Version : Miller bemoans missed opportunity

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Steelers' Miller bemoans missed opportunity
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heath Miller caught four passes for a game-high 82 yards Sunday, and his best grab in the Steelers' 37-16 win over the 49ers was one that didn't count. Miller made a fine catch though San Francisco linebacker Hannibal Navies had excellent coverage on him. However, the 16-yard reception was wiped out after the 49ers successfully challenged the ruling that Miller had gotten both feet in bounds.

"I should have got the other foot down," Miller said. "A touchdown would have been really big on that drive."

? The tight ends continue to play a big role in the Steelers' passing attack. Miller leads the team with 10 receptions, and tight ends have caught four of Roethlisberger's six touchdown passes. They caught six touchdown passes all of last season.

? Cedrick Wilson looked to pass after taking a handoff on a reverse in the second quarter Sunday. After tucking away the ball when the pass wasn't there Wilson reversed field, and one block would have sprung the wideout for a big gain. Roethlisberger didn't block Nate Clements, who tackled Wilson for no gain, but it wasn't because he shied away from the contact.

"Oh man, I was going to hit him hard," Roethlisberger said. "I was really going to hit him and then he put it into another gear and just shot down so far I didn't do anything."

Digits

269 - Combined rushing yards of LaDainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson, who were first and second in the NFL in rushing last season.

368 - Willie Parker's rushing yards, which are the most in the NFL.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_529186.html

Haiku_Dirtt
09-25-2007, 12:55 AM
'tight ends continue to play a big role in the Steelers' passing attack'

<applause>

Galax Steeler
09-25-2007, 04:42 AM
I am glad to see the tight ends involved in games more they are a scoring machine.

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
"I should have got the other foot down," Miller said. "A touchdown would have been really big on that drive."

Umm....the four passes for a game-high 82 yards more than made up for it. I'm still amazed he actually caught the ball. Heath going Swann-like on us.

rog
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
The TEs are doing a great job but lets give it up to Willie he is playing great out rushing both LJ and LT combined. Granted niether one of them has shown up yet but he is still leading the league in rushing lets just hope he doesn't look back from here and stays in the lead.