PDA

View Full Version : Survival Of The Fittest

klick81
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

:toofunny:

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
My guess is that, due to the stress of repeated squeezing, the earlier squeezed M&M's aren't getting a fair shake. I suggest you organize this into more of a tournament with brackets. This way all the M&M's get an equal or close to equal amount of pressure on their respective shells. Since there are about 24 pieces of candy in each bag, you'll have 5 rounds of "games", but I'd make it 6 by having all 3 (when you get to 3) play each other.

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Actually, this isn't crazy at all. Do a Google search on math or statistics on M&M's and you'd be amazed how much stuff there is out there.

klick81
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
LOL!

The Duke
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

:banana: And here I was thinking M&Ms were just tiny chocolates, but this changes everything :toofunny:

Quiet interesting though

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
:wtf:

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2007, 10:38 PM
http://http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/439/79li6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tony hipchest
09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
:wtf:

:chuckle:

:bump:

i win...

and hereby proclaim myself the king of the M&M's!!!!!!!!!

:chicken::jammin::banana::jammin::chicken:

:yeehaw:

"mmmmmm...... m&m's...glahghaahglahggha"

:drool::beerbang::toast::grouphug::alcoholic

hehehe... look... its a group of easter m&m's being squeezed together-----------> :grouphug:

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Okay, we've caught another one....... bring the paddy wagon! :eyecrazy:

oehA0oKaLc8

revefsreleets
09-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Absolutely. In fact, it's probably be most fair to get about 10 bags of M&M's, and get an equal representation of each color randomly from all the bags. I'd say a tournament of about 100 M&M's would be a good sample.

stlrtruck
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
And does anyone else wonder where tax dollars are going?

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
a peanut m&m would destroy a plain m&m.....:popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM
And does anyone else wonder where tax dollars are going?
m&m research ??? :hunch:

fansince'76
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Green M&Ms are the most glamorous:

CosXtJxzKNM

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Preacher
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I am a little upset about the racial overtones of the M&M test.

Just because squeeze test is put into play does not mean the blue M&M's are weaker. One must consider the fact that the red and brown M&M's were here much longer, and thus, hold bias in the hands of the company.

You can't blame the blue M&M's. They are trying to work against a system set against them!

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I am a little upset about the racial overtones of the M&M test.

Just because squeeze test is put into play does not mean the blue M&M's are weaker. One must consider the fact that the red and brown M&M's were here much longer, and thus, hold bias in the hands of the company.

You can't blame the blue M&M's. They are trying to work against a system set against them!
so true......:shake02:

revefsreleets
09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Playing the M&M race card, huh? Hmmmmmm.

klick81
09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
HEY ***HOLES!!! You shut up about the green M&Ms!!! Some of my best friends are green!!!