PDA

View Full Version : Seating Advice for Heinz Field Needed

soniczilla
10-03-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm an out-of-state Steeler fan looking to hit up Heinz Field sometime this year, however I'd like to know a bit more about the seating..

First question, regarding the upper level, in the pictures it seems like there's about 5-7 rows separated and in front of the rest. Are those seats still considered part of the 500's? So would row A be the most front upper level row?

Also, what would be better? A front-row upper level seat or a further back row in the lower level? My main concern with the lowers is not being able to see every player, but if I'm far back, that shouldn't be a prob? I also don't want to be TOO far back..

If anyone has photos from their seats, that would help out tremendously. I just want my first ever trip to Pittsburgh and Heinz Field to be a memorable one. Any and all advice is deeply appreciated.

Ambridge
10-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Happy first post soniczilla!

There really isn't a bad seat in the house.
The only seats I might possibly avoid are the lower levels from the goal line up to the 30yd mark.........it can be a bit of a strain trying to see the action when they're down at the other end of the field.

Below is a pic of where I've sat several times in the upper end zone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/101_0127.jpg

Primetime
10-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Any seat in the Heinze is a good seat..........

RichmondVA
10-03-2005, 08:02 AM
When we've gone to the games, our seats were around section 539 about the 10 yard line. The row of the seats put us under the roof by three rows. Great views of the field and stadium from our seats. The roof can help on a cold 38 degree day when its raining.

So much to see there... get in the stadium when the gates open to see a trophy, and another trophy, and another trophy, and another trophy... the next trophy is coming real soon!

rowedf
10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
soniczilla, lower level is not bad either, no matter how close you are to the field. Last year I had season tickets in section 135 (40 yrd line), row D (four rows back from the bench) and they were phenominal, you could still see all the action and players. Just for the "feel closeness" I would reccomend any row in the lower levels between the 30 yard lines.

Suitanim
10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
When we've gone to the games, our seats were around section 539 about the 10 yard line. The row of the seats put us under the roof by three rows. Great views of the field and stadium from our seats. The roof can help on a cold 38 degree day when its raining.

So much to see there... get in the stadium when the gates open to see a trophy, and another trophy, and another trophy, and another trophy... the next trophy is coming real soon!

I usually sit in 537 (One section closer to midfield) up towards the top, and actually appreciate looking down on the game...I think you can see more that way. Also, we sit right in front of the jumbotron, and if you miss something on the field, it's right there to see after the play.

There truly are no bad seats in the house!

Rick51
08-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Where are the double letter seats? Example Section 525 row GG?

Stlrs4Life
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Where are the double letter seats? Example Section 525 row GG?

After A-Z, they start at AA-ZZ.

revans
08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I have never had a bad seat since they opened !!

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I have never had a bad seat since they opened !!

No such thing as a bad seat in Heinz Field.

Jman
08-01-2007, 08:30 PM
No such thing as a bad seat in Heinz Field.

:iagree:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the engineers were fans...

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2007, 09:18 PM
:iagree:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the engineers were fans...

One more reason there are "buffers" for the upper seats, because the fans go nuts.

steelpride12
08-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Any seat in the Heinze is a good seat..........

that is true. One game i sat at like the very top and you can see great no problem.

sixstringlass
08-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I was kind of planning a trip to the 'Burgh to see the Steelers kick the crap out of the Seaweenies. I found some tickets online... section 133, three rows behind the bench. The only thing is.... they are $400 each. Is that a good price for something like that? I've never been to a live game before, and, of course, I want my first one to be memorable. So, yanno, close to the field, Steelers' side. Just don't know if that is a good price.

Also found airfare and hotel deal on one of those travel sites for $638, staying at the Hilton in Pittsburgh, 2 blks from Heinz. Is anyone planning anything that weekend at tailgates or whatever? I'd sure like to hang out with my fellow Steelers fans, if I get to go.

::counting pennies::

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I was kind of planning a trip to the 'Burgh to see the Steelers kick the crap out of the Seaweenies. I found some tickets online... section 133, three rows behind the bench. The only thing is.... they are $400 each. Is that a good price for something like that? I've never been to a live game before, and, of course, I want my first one to be memorable. So, yanno, close to the field, Steelers' side. Just don't know if that is a good price.

Also found airfare and hotel deal on one of those travel sites for $638, staying at the Hilton in Pittsburgh, 2 blks from Heinz. Is anyone planning anything that weekend at tailgates or whatever? I'd sure like to hang out with my fellow Steelers fans, if I get to go.

::counting pennies::

It's a good spot on the field, I MUST ALERT YOU THOUGH, the Steelers started a program where fans who have game tickets that can't use them can re-sell them through ticket master for no more then face value, so the tickets at $400 might be fake(unless they're face value).

Atlanta Dan
08-03-2007, 10:59 PM
It's a good spot on the field, I MUST ALERT YOU THOUGH, the Steelers started a program where fans who have game tickets that can't use them can re-sell them through ticket master for no more then face value, so the tickets at $400 might be fake(unless they're face value).

Any idea where that ticketmaster site is? Hard to see how the Steelers plan to enforce that policy; maybe match retinal scans of the season ticket holder to whomever presents the ticket on gameday?

I also am pricing Seahawks tickets (a cousin now lives in Seattle but grew up in western PA and we are considering getting together for the game) but the StubHub prices for good seats are harsh

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Any idea where that ticketmaster site is? Hard to see how the Steelers plan to enforce that policy; maybe match retinal scans of the season ticket holder to whomever presents the ticket on gameday?

I also am pricing Seahawks tickets (a cousin now lives in Seattle but grew up in western PA and we are considering getting together for the game) but the StubHub prices for good seats are harsh

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/806007

This is the ticketmaster site that sells them.

sixstringlass
08-04-2007, 03:42 AM

I wondered about that. I found them on gotickets.com. I'll look into the Ticketmaster site when they are not doing "routine maintenance."

Thanks for the tip!

Atlanta Dan
08-04-2007, 08:14 AM

Given the new Steelers ticket policy, is it appropriate for a sticky thread on the board to be directing posters to ticketcity.com for potential purchases (which certainly are not being quoted at face value)?

nojobny
08-04-2007, 10:50 AM
there's no bad seat at heinz. I sit in 517 waaaay up high. I'll post a pic as soon as I hav enough posts for pic priviledges.

I would avoid Section 518. They always have a block they give to the away team b/c you always see them sitting there in big clump.

I like where I am because I'm on the East side of the stadium which is the game side as the Great Hall (make sure you go there!)

One tip i'll give you, if you're sitting up high, make sure you walk down to the south (jumbotron) end of the stadium when you leave. You can take the ramp or escalator down. The ramps down on the North end get more and more congested as you make your way down and it takes forever to get out.

sixstringlass
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Rats. Ticketmaster says there are no tickets available. Grr.

elit3nemesis
09-08-2009, 08:24 AM
do the rows go by

A thru Z then AA-ZZ?

I am trying to order tickets.

thesteelersreport.com
09-08-2009, 10:31 AM
do the rows go by

A thru Z then AA-ZZ?

I am trying to order tickets.

yes....

personally, i prefer lower level from about row W up....below that and it gets difficult to see plays opening - although being so close to the field isn't so bad if you like checking out the sideline antics.

upper deck - also decent view - especially because you are almost on top of the field and can easily see plays developing (much bettter than from the lower level). in the upper deck, i would recommend as low as possible - hiking up those steps after a few cold ones isn't too much fun - especially if you are in row GG.

elit3nemesis
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey thanx a lot. This will be my first Steelers game ever. Do yall recommend anything special I should do. I am going to go eat at Jerome Bettis' restaruant. Anything else.

Sharkissle29
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey thanx a lot. This will be my first Steelers game ever. Do yall recommend anything special I should do. I am going to go eat at Jerome Bettis' restaruant. Anything else.

Primanti bro's if you have time for another meal

steelpride12
09-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Primanti bro's if you have time for another meal

+1 yes primantis in the strip district is the best food around.
Regarding seating there truly is no bad seat in the house and I honestly have sat everywhere. The only thing to avoid is the upper level bleachers because when the action is on the other side of the field you cannot see much at all, but those seats are also the cheapest. Lower level is the best like row M or N on the sides IMO. Your gonna have a blast Heinz Field is the best and with 64450 screaming fans it gets no better!

Vis
09-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Walk a bridge and get in the stadium with plenty of time to look around.

TaylorSwiftFan
05-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Im going to a taylor swift concert at Heinz Field... I got

Section: 121
ROW:FF
are they good seats? will i be able to see good. im worried they are to far back.
any help?

Bayz101
05-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Im going to a taylor swift concert at Heinz Field... I got

Section: 121
ROW:FF
are they good seats? will i be able to see good. im worried they are to far back.
any help?

http://www.seathound.com/content/seating-views/heinz-field-56/football/medium/lower_level_endzone_121.jpg