PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Buress.......

rowedf
10-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Well, it seems Plax has found his home and fits in really well. To be honest, I'm happy for him. His personality just wasn't a strong fit here. In New York he's showing he can be a great reciever and it's very obvious that him and Eli have developed a strong connection in the first four weeks.

ironcitychef
10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
No doubt he can have breakout games like this, the problem is will he continue to do it or will he get kinda bored like he did here. Not to mention I don't think Coughlin will let him off for Mother's Day as well so then he'll get tired of that too. I think he is just riding high on new location/scenery.

Soldier4Steelers
10-03-2005, 01:32 PM
we always knew he could make big plays, im just suprised he hasnt dropped any passes yet. i think he is the best wr in the corner of the endzone with those lobs.

CowherLover
10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
we always knew he could make big plays, im just suprised he hasnt dropped any passes yet. i think he is the best wr in the corner of the endzone with those lobs.
He did have dropped passes against the Chargers, similar to the ones that we were used to seeing here. Right in his hands and he couldn't hold onto it. He's already drawn the ire of Coughlin being late to meetings and started Shockey talking about how holding him out of the 1st quarter hurt the team. He needed to have a good game this week, let's see if he can be consistant. Something he couldn't quite do for us.

Koopa
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, it seems Plax has found his home and fits in really well. To be honest, I'm happy for him. His personality just wasn't a strong fit here. In New York he's showing he can be a great reciever and it's very obvious that him and Eli have developed a strong connection in the first four weeks.

i am happy to that he's finally somewhat living up to his potential. for some reason i've always liked plax but didn't like the way he left. i hope he continues to improve and play to his potential cause it'll be ashame to waste the talent that god gave him

Koopa
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
No doubt he can have breakout games like this, the problem is will he continue to do it or will he get kinda bored like he did here. Not to mention I don't think Coughlin will let him off for Mother's Day as well so then he'll get tired of that too. I think he is just riding high on new location/scenery.

i don't think he'll get bored there, he's the main target there, here he was second on a running base team so he never got the catches he wanted. so i think he'll blossom there with eli "i don't wanna go to san diego daddy :crying03:" manning throwing him the ball a lot. to bad he'll never enjoy the sucess like he would've with big ben. :grin:

Koopa
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
He did have dropped passes against the Chargers, similar to the ones that we were used to seeing here. Right in his hands and he couldn't hold onto it. He's already drawn the ire of Coughlin being late to meetings and started Shockey talking about how holding him out of the 1st quarter hurt the team. He needed to have a good game this week, let's see if he can be consistant. Something he couldn't quite do for us.

the reason i think he couldn't do that for us was because we are a running team and we didn't throw the ball to him like the giants are going to, so stat wise he's gonna have a lot more sucess with the giants then he could've got with us

CowherLover
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I always liked him but he started shooting his mouth off to the press about how it was good to actually be at a training camp where players actually accomplished something. I don't want to try and quote him directly but I remember his statements didn't have a good reflection on his feelings about the Steelers. Just take yourself to another team and play, there's no reason to talk sh*t. I don't like that crap and it's not like he didn't have the opportunity to make a case whether or not he should've stayed. He didn't grab the opportunity, thankfully, we ended up keeping the better of the two. IMO anyway.

pitt
10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I always liked watching Plax play. I hope he continues to be the Giants star receiver.

Koopa
10-03-2005, 02:43 PM
well at least i ain't the only one here that still likes plax and hopes he continues having great sucess :grin:

Soldier4Steelers
10-03-2005, 02:56 PM
i like him, he came up big for us ALOT last year. but some games it was like he wasnt even on the field. but he is growing into a star reciever. i like watching tiki barber too so the giants are ok by me

tony hipchest
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
well at least i ain't the only one here that still likes plax and hopes he continues having great sucess :grin:
no youre not the only one. i think plex is great for eli and vice versa. our offense didnt quite maximize his skills. it looks like hes one of those types of receivers who needs to be heavilly involved to keep focus. hes making some great catches and blocking real well for the giants. being a steeler definitely made him a better player. i bet vikings are kicking themselves for not signing him and to a lesser degree the eagles. i thought hed be better off with 1 of those teams but now i think he is in the perfect position. eli will benefit more than anyone. funny how no one has even mentionned a sophmore slump with eli. i dont know if its the uniforms or what but plex looks even taller and more yoked now. hes definitely a beast and for lacking randy moss speed is doing a good job getting open.

ngreene15
10-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Even though he left Pittsburgh, he' still one of my favorite recievers. Glad to see him have a nice game, I usually switch to the Giants games to see how he's doing.

I.C. Lights
10-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Plax is a true talent, but his work ethic and personality did not mesh with the Steelers. He'll be good with the Giant's as long as he's is THE star receiver and as long as Coughlin can put up with his antics. It's good to see him doing well though, and I'm sure he'll be equally as happy for us when we bring it home without him this year!

....it would be cool if the NFL expanded into Mexico and Plax played for the Mexican team..."Plaxico en Mexico." I can see it already!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2005, 11:17 PM

He's in a new home, w/ new faces..he's happy for a while, and yeah he had some big games for us..but what you look for in a WR is consistency..and Plax was anything but during his career to this point.

Koopa
10-04-2005, 12:01 AM
He's in a new home, w/ new faces..he's happy for a while, and yeah he had some big games for us..but what you look for in a WR is consistency..and Plax was anything but during his career to this point.

again a lot of it wasn't his fault, to be consistent you got to get the ball thrown your way more then 3 times a game.

Prosdo
10-04-2005, 04:12 AM
To be honest I never really cared for Plax. I heard a lot about how ignorant he was to people in the city. The other thing is he would make these great catches and miss the easy ones.

sisitki
10-04-2005, 08:41 AM
again a lot of it wasn't his fault, to be consistent you got to get the ball thrown your way more then 3 times a game.

I disagree. To be an impact player you have to have it thrown more than 3 times. To be consistent, you just need to catch the 3 that are thrown to you.

His consistency frustrated me but for some reason, I always liked Plaxico. I hope he does well in NY. He didn't fit in here. Yes, we are a running team but he also was never going to be the man at WR. Everyone is too in love with Ward (for good reason).

JerseySTEEL
10-04-2005, 05:36 PM

I guess u missed the 10 passes he has dropped from week 1 lol and he has 3 flags for offsides so far ,yes he can have a break out game but 1 game is likly 2 would be shocking lol.and u have to realize they played a team who was double teaming shockey not plax so he never got coverd the whole game.

slashsteel
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM
The guy is a incident waiting to happen. Yes he will do well at times, but watch and see if he is consistant. I think you will see more of the late to meeting/excuses plax, more than the big play plax. Only thing that does get my goat was that we got nothing for him. I still feel to this day we should have tagged and traded him. As we picked high for him + he had big games, you can bet we would at least got a 2nd or third for him.

SteelProven
10-04-2005, 05:52 PM
I always root for ex-Steelers my only ones I rooted for after departure was lloyd and Woodson. All others I hoped they suckceeded

Soldier4Steelers
10-04-2005, 06:02 PM
haha i did not see that game. i watched him last week and he was on fire. i like seeing him do good, it makes other teams wonder what we have if we didnt try for this guy. i dont mind bell struggling, i was sick of his injurys.

tony hipchest
10-04-2005, 07:05 PM
The guy is a incident waiting to happen. Yes he will do well at times, but watch and see if he is consistant. I think you will see more of the late to meeting/excuses plax, more than the big play plax. Only thing that does get my goat was that we got nothing for him. I still feel to this day we should have tagged and traded him. As we picked high for him + he had big games, you can bet we would at least got a 2nd or third for him.
i could be wrong but we should get a good compensatory pick for him and bell (based off of the %of snaps they play i think) if not the patriots and eagles got the nfl in their back pocket.

eagles = 13 picks in the draft?????? WTF?????????

BB2W
10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Plax looked great last week! I am happy for him too... he was one of my favorite players when he was here, but it just didn't work out. At moments when Eli was slingin it I wished we had used Plax a little more when he was here in Pittsburgh... but Ward is the man. :smile:

SEMP
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Plax was a mistake for the Steelers from the get go. They knew he had character issues and they should'nt have drafted him ( waste of a high pick ). I'd rather have 4 or five over-achieving Wards to a dozen under-achieving burress's. Part of the reason Pittsburgh has had a long run of success is their drafting quality individuals and staying away from kids with baggage. Plax was a mistake. I'm sure he'll enjoy hangin out with some new found thugs in New York.