PDA

View Full Version : Selected quotes from PC

83-Steelers-43
09-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Select quotes from Tuesday's Steelers press conference
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On nose tackle Casey Hampton:

"Casey has been an immovable force. He has been very disruptive. Of course, some of the success that surrounds us from a run stopping standpoint starts in the middle with him. He is a very good football player."

Is Tomlin, who shows almost no emotion in public, having fun?

"I have fun every day. Believe it or not, but I would be having fun if we were 0-3. I am blessed to do what it is I do for a living. I love it. Yes, I am having fun, whether it shows or not."

On fans' high expectations:

"That's great. I like it. Keep the standard of expectation high. We aren't going to shy away from that. There is nothing wrong with expectations, particularly high ones. Hopefully, we're giving them something to be excited about."

On what makes running back Willie Parker so effective:

"He is a tough runner. He is a competitor. A lot of times you talk about the things you can measure, but really, the things that define greatness you can't measure. He has the heart of a champion and the will to compete and win."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_529342.html

tony hipchest
09-25-2007, 11:54 PM
On fans' high expectations:

"That's great. I like it. Keep the standard of expectation high. We aren't going to shy away from that. There is nothing wrong with expectations, particularly high ones. Hopefully, we're giving them something to be excited about." message to the players:

screw wanting to fly under the radar every year. they just need to go out there as a favorite and take what they believe is rightfully theirs.

jjpro11
09-26-2007, 12:38 AM
i dont want to think about life without big casey.. i know we had an unfortunate preview of it in 2004, but i dont want to experience that again.