PDA

View Full Version : Finally, more HD channels from Direct TV

rbryan
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
As of today I believe. I didn't notice the extra channels yesterday.

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Including NFL Network!!

MACH1
09-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Yep, started today. Should be getting more in October to. :jammin:

Preacher
09-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Yep...

I am sitting here watching Human weapon in Hi Def!

It is SO cool...

Steelerstrength
09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I noticed the addition of the channels last night as well! Had to watch Survivorman! He spent 7 days on the shore in Alaska and almost burned down his shelter, when he fell asleep. That dude is nuts, but very amusing.

Then it was Bionic Woman. Just had to see the new Jamie Summers. I used to love that show when I was a kid! Steve Austin was the man! (Barely alive...):thumbsup:

My favorite seven out of the new channels are:

NFL
History
A&E
The Learning Channel
Science
Smithsonian
Animal Planet

I don't get too much time to watch, but am very excited by the new options!

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2007, 09:53 PM
What I cannot figure out is why the NFL is not leaning hard on CBS to spend some $$ to broadcast all the games in HD.

I get the Sunday Ticket line-up by e-mail on the preceding Thursday - so far the Steelers have always been HD but around 2 CBS games a week are standard def only. This week the SD games are Texans-Falcons & Ravens-Browns (seem to be a lot of SD only Browns games:smile:) Steelers HD on channel 722 this week.

MACH1
09-27-2007, 10:48 PM
What I cannot figure out is why the NFL is not leaning hard on CBS to spend some $$ to broadcast all the games in HD.

I get the Sunday Ticket line-up by e-mail on the preceding Thursday - so far the Steelers have always been HD but around 2 CBS games a week are standard def only. This week the SD games are Texans-Falcons & Ravens-Browns (seem to be a lot of SD only Browns games:smile:) Steelers HD on channel 722 this week.

LMAO The only HD game the clowns had was against us.

Elvis
09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Can someone let me know just how much the HD cost a month? I have a new HDTV and was just wondering what it is gonna cost me to get this thing going..
:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Can someone let me know just how much the HD cost a month? I have a new HDTV and was just wondering what it is gonna cost me to get this thing going..
:tt02:

DirecTV charges me an extra $10 a month above the regular charge for Total Choice to obtain HD stations. I believe Comcast and other cable companies have around the same extra charge. With the recent upgrades I think DirecTV currently has more HD channels but cable HD has the benefit of on-demand replay of many shows. Since I bought my HDTV for sports and the Steelers I will not give up Sunday Ticket and therefore go with DirecTV.

Getting the Sunday Ticket games in HD costs $100 bucks extra above the regular Sunday Ticket charge for the so-called Super Fan package. If you call DirecTV and come up with some excuse about being a long term customer or make an empty threat not to renew Sunday Ticket (for me about as likely as threatening to give up breathing) they usually will throw in Super Fan at a deep discount or at no charge.

For DirecTV you will need a new HDTV dish with a wider unobstructed line of sight to get the signal from 5 satellites (if you live in the eastern U.S. you need no trees or building blockage to the southeast) , which they will provide and install at no extra charge if you sign up for a two year contract (same principle as getting the "free" phone when you get a wireless contract).

rbryan
09-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the replays on NFL network in Hi Def now. I am surprised that most of the other programming on NFL network is not in HD though. I wonder if the NFL Ticket short cuts replays on Mon & Tue will be in Hi Def now. I love that feature, but I'm spoiled now and hate to watch anything not in HD.

jjpro11
09-29-2007, 11:54 AM
LMAO The only HD game the clowns had was against us.

those guys never get HD. it sucks becasue unfortunately i get all of their games and have to watch them in SD. HD simply makes the game more enjoyable, even a clowns game.