PDA

View Full Version : Poor lil Carsons' skeered........

stillers4me
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Bengals notebook
Top-ranked Patriots defense a challenge
BY SHANNON RUSSELL | SRUSSELL@ENQUIRER.COM
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer had two words to describe what it's like to prepare for a Bill Belichick defense.

"It's scary," he said.

No way could I ever imagine Ben or any Steeler being quoted saying something like this. Way to give the Patsies good locker room material, Cartoon! :dang:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070928/SPT02/709280355/&GID=ceksW6eeqS8DMpPmZnzvBMZLDo1HYejFH8JMUG4WnXI%3D

HometownGal
09-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I really don't see anything wrong with what Cartoon said, but maybe the word "intimidating" would have been more appropo. If he would have said the Pats defense "sucked", he'd have put a bullseye on his back for the Bungles/Pats matchup. He said the "politically correct" thing here imho. :hunch:

83-Steelers-43
09-28-2007, 12:07 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he said. It's true. They are scary. I mean, it's better than him going off at the mouth and guaranteeing a victory and giving them 'real' lockerroom material. It's better than what comes out of Chad Johnson's mouth before games.

In Mike Tomlin's own words......"it is what it is".

stillers4me
09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
How about, "They're intimadating, but we're up for the challenge."?

Even if they're not. :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
09-28-2007, 12:34 PM
As long as it's not "They are soft" or "They are going to need to some pepto after this game"...

silver & black
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
No way could I ever imagine Ben or any Steeler being quoted saying something like this. Way to give the Patsies good locker room material, Cartoon! :dang:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070928/SPT02/709280355/&GID=ceksW6eeqS8DMpPmZnzvBMZLDo1HYejFH8JMUG4WnXI%3D

No Raider would ever say anything like that either...screw belicheat.

tony hipchest
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he said. It's true. They are scary. I mean, it's better than him going off at the mouth and guaranteeing a victory and giving them 'real' lockerroom material. It's better than what comes out of Chad Johnson's mouth before games.

In Mike Tomlin's own words......"it is what it is".actually chad has turned into a big ol sack opuss too. he said he wont be talking any trash to the patriots this week. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

way to pick em and choose em chad! leave it to the bungles to roll over before they even step onto the plane. if they didnt have to play the game, they would just as soon forfeit it.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
No Raider would ever say anything like that either...screw belicheat.

Good for them.

Its always a pleasure seeing 50 points put on a crappy team, even if they are ever so brave with it.

Screw the Faiders - I wish we had the chance to hammer them this year.

CantStop85
09-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Way to give the Patsies good locker room material, Cartoon! :dang:

:dang: Do you even know what locker room material is?

Livinginthe past
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM
:dang: Do you even know what locker room material is?

Hey, The Bengals got some 'locker-room material' too.

When Belichick said Chad and Housh were great receivers and a danger everytime they stepped on the field :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey, The Bengals got some 'locker-room material' too.

When Belichick said Chad and Housh were great receivers and a danger everytime they stepped on the field :toofunny:
and the rest of the bungles are a danger off the field ,......... to society....:sofunny:

silver & black
09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Good for them.

Its always a pleasure seeing 50 points put on a crappy team, even if they are ever so brave with it.

Screw the Faiders - I wish we had the chance to hammer them this year.

Me too. I love playing teams like yours... we always play better against better teams. Plus, with the ax the Raiders have to grind against your team, I wouldn't be so confident in those 50 points... vengance is a huge motivator.

Kind of uncharecteristic of you there LITP... did the Belicheat comment set you off? :wink02:

tony hipchest
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Kind of uncharecteristic of you there LITP... did the Belicheat comment set you off? :wink02:i was thinking cyberroid rage but you could be onto something there :scratchchin:

stillers4me
09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Bulletin board material?? Whatever........the Patsies are laughing their asses off because the high and mighty,, chest thumping, elite QB of the "team to beat" is running scared and that loud mouth jackass with the gold teeth is nothing but a pu$$y. Yeah....Carson was talking tough to the media in training......yessir.

tony hipchest
09-28-2007, 04:53 PM
chad should send all the patriot db's a vial of the juice instead of a bottle of pepto, with a note that says "you'll need this, cause on monday im gonna make you look weak".

now thats entertainment :thumbsup:

then again, theyre pretty much on a 6 game losing streak (about to be 7) its about time he stfu.

and no, i dont really count the bengals opener against the ravens as a bungle win. its more of a ravens loss.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Me too. I love playing teams like yours... we always play better against better teams. Plus, with the ax the Raiders have to grind against your team, I wouldn't be so confident in those 50 points... vengance is a huge motivator.

Kind of uncharecteristic of you there LITP... did the Belicheat comment set you off? :wink02:

Its the BF :wink02:

To be honest I don't hate your team, they don't really warrant any type of emotion (apart from pity) in recent years - they do however suck something bad and this is probably the best place to point it out....like you didn't already know :toofunny:

As far as Belicheat goes its no big deal, you must have the seen the zillion (approximation) threads on that subject here - originality hasn't been a strong point in a little while.

If only 'motivation' were enought o close the gap betwen our teams - maybe by 2020 you'll have a shot - your HC will be 40 then.

tony hipchest
09-28-2007, 05:20 PM
you must have the seen the zillion (approximation) threads on that subject here - originality hasn't been a strong point in a little while.

. yet you keep coming back....

with original smack such as "lane kiffen is a teenager"

or "patriots beat the steelers at home in 2004".

way to represent! :thumbsup:

:yawn:

silver & black
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Its the BF :wink02:

To be honest I don't hate your team, they don't really warrant any type of emotion (apart from pity) in recent years - they do however suck something bad and this is probably the best place to point it out....like you didn't already know :toofunny:

As far as Belicheat goes its no big deal, you must have the seen the zillion (approximation) threads on that subject here - originality hasn't been a strong point in a little while.

If only 'motivation' were enought o close the gap betwen our teams - maybe by 2020 you'll have a shot - your HC will be 40 then.

Well, of course I know my team isn't very good,. and I never claimed to be original.

2020 huh? You keep hoping that thats the case.... we both know better. We will back to owning you, just as we always have, in the not too distant future. I say more like 2010. You seem to forget that your team was as crappy as there was... for a loooong time!

No hard feelings... it is the Blast Furnace. :cheers:

revefsreleets
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I'd be worried if I was a Bengals fan. If Carson Palmer is more afraid of the Pats defense than his own teammates that Pats defense must be deadly. Literally.

NJarhead
09-28-2007, 09:55 PM
yet you keep coming back....

with original smack such as "lane kiffen is a teenager"

or "patriots beat the steelers at home in 2004".

way to represent! :thumbsup:

:yawn:

That's funny. :cheers:

Stlrs4Life
09-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Carson really didn't say anything wrong.

Elvis
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
If I were Carson Palmer
I would be scared to knowing that I had to
face the Ravens again later in the season
and the Steelers Defense 2 more
times
:jawdrop:
:tt02: