PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin wins NFL Coach of the Week for the second time

TackleMeBen
09-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Head coach MIKE TOMLIN of the Pittsburgh Steelersis the MOTOROLA NFL COACH OF THE WEEKfor games played on September 23 - 24, the NFL announced today.

Tomlin led the Steelers to shut down a 2-0 49ers and remain undefeated at 3-0. Pittsburgh played nearly error-free for the third week in a row, with Allen Rossum returning a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown and Willie Parker running for 133 yards in a defense-driven 37-16 victory over San Francisco. The Steelers shut down the 49ers the same way they did the Browns (34-7) and the Bills (26-3) the previous two weeks, allowing no big plays and holding 49ers star runner Frank Gore to 39 yards on 14 carries.

Tomlin was selected as Motorola NFL Coach of the Week from among three finalists by voters on NFL.com. The other finalists were head coaches LANE KIFFIN of the Oakland Raiders and WADE PHILLIPS of the Dallas Cowboys.

In January, voting will be held on NFL.com to determine the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year.

Motorola?s brand has become synonymous with NFL coaches through the coaches? headsets worn during every NFL game. The NFL and Motorola recently unveiled newly designed Coaches Headsets that are lighter, thinner and more ergonomically advanced in comparison to their predecessors. Motorola believes NFL coaches are game-changing innovators whose creativity and expertise fuels the exciting brand of football enjoyed by millions of fans around the world.

2007 Motorola NFL Coach of the Week

Wk. 1
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
Wk. 2
Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers
Wk. 3
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers

http://news.steelers.com/article/82305/

Big D
09-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I dont think I could ever quit saying I told you so
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12060&highlight=tomlin

stillers4me
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Keep up the SUPERLATIVE work, Coach Mike!!

A winning attitude starts at the top..........and it shows in the Steelers house! Congrats!!

GoFor6
09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Congrats Coach Tomlin - you are doing an outstanding job.

BurghZ0n3
09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Wait 'til we're back in the playoff with the home field advantage,...then "everybody wants to be like Mike"!!!

The Duke
09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm telling ya, Tomlin will be coach of the year!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Congrats Coach Tomlin.

blackandgoldman
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
keep winning games and coach of the week! good job.

Bettisberger
09-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Tomlin is rockin' it - I smell coach of the year! :whatnow:

billybob
09-29-2007, 04:15 AM
TOMLIN SEEMS TO LOOK AT THE LITTLE THINGS,THAT CAN MAKE A TEAM EXCELL.HE MAY CALL THEM EB AND FLOW OF THE GAME MOVES,BUT WE HAVE NOT SEEN AN INSTANCE WHEN HE NEEDED TO MAKE A DECISION LIKE THAT.MY HEART IS POUNDING STEEL THROUGH MY VEINS,AWAITING,THE FIRST CALL THAT HE MAKES ON HIS OWN INTUITION.ALL THE SIGNS POINT TO IT WILL BE A GREAT DECISION.I KNOW NO-ONE IS FLAWLESS,BUT SO FAR OUR RECORD IS.YOU GO MIKE TOMLIN,YOU WILL BE COACH OF THE WEEK FOR A WHILE TO COME. GETTYSBURG,PA. WISHES YOU THE BEST YOU CAN BE. HOPE YOU ARE WITH US FOR AT LEAST 20YRS.

Galax Steeler
09-29-2007, 04:47 AM
congratilation coach tomlin good work.

steagles
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Kudos to Mike Tomlin on the well deserved accolades!

Shouldn't we have a nickname for Mike Tomlin by now?
It was the Bill Cowher"Cowher Power" era,it just doesn't seem right to not have a fitting nickname for Mike that's also 3-0,just like Bill's record was in his first year?

fansince'76
09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
TOMLIN SEEMS TO LOOK AT THE LITTLE THINGS,THAT CAN MAKE A TEAM EXCELL.HE MAY CALL THEM EB AND FLOW OF THE GAME MOVES,BUT WE HAVE NOT SEEN AN INSTANCE WHEN HE NEEDED TO MAKE A DECISION LIKE THAT.MY HEART IS POUNDING STEEL THROUGH MY VEINS,AWAITING,THE FIRST CALL THAT HE MAKES ON HIS OWN INTUITION.ALL THE SIGNS POINT TO IT WILL BE A GREAT DECISION.I KNOW NO-ONE IS FLAWLESS,BUT SO FAR OUR RECORD IS.YOU GO MIKE TOMLIN,YOU WILL BE COACH OF THE WEEK FOR A WHILE TO COME. GETTYSBURG,PA. WISHES YOU THE BEST YOU CAN BE. HOPE YOU ARE WITH US FOR AT LEAST 20YRS.

Could you please cool it with the CAPS? Thanks.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
As well he should!:cheers:

stillers4me
09-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Could you please cool it with the CAPS? Thanks.

No......thank you!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I LOVE COFFEE!!!!!!:coffee:

(sorry..couldnt help myself)

Just a matter of time before the "experts" start calling Tomlin "lucky to be handed so much talent".

SteelCityMan786
09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Keep up the SUPERLATIVE work, Coach Mike!!

A winning attitude starts at the top..........and it shows in the Steelers house! Congrats!!

Darn right. I like this success he is having. It's wonderful.

AFC
09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Tomlin has definitely surprised me. Not that I didn't believe in him or his coaching ability, I just didn't want to except too much with last years edition of the Steelers fresh in my mind; and, also, considering it's Tomlin's debut season, a fact that has kept me quite humble.

But--I think I'm sold. TOMLIN!

tony hipchest
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Just a matter of time before the "experts" start calling Tomlin "lucky to be handed so much talent".thats scheduled for weeks 7-9.

preseason games 1-5 were "its just preseason".

regular season games 1-5 (preseason II) is "lack of competiotion".

week 7-9 is "lucky to be handed so much talent".

the rest of the year will be dedicated to "this years mangina/payton?", "could cowher have done better with this talent?" and "who's really the steelers coach?"

Preacher
09-29-2007, 06:08 PM
thats scheduled for weeks 7-9.

the rest of the year will be dedicated to "this years mangina/payton?", "could cowher have done better with this talent?" and "who's really the steelers coach?"

don't forget the overarching...

He's stepped into a stable organization... Doesn't have the stress of other head coaches... etc.

steelcity58
09-29-2007, 06:50 PM
:tt02:

Just keep winning man. Just keep winning.

delhess
09-29-2007, 09:28 PM
I dont think I could ever quit saying I told you so
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12060&highlight=tomlin

boy! you called that one! in november 2006, mikey t was not even on my radar. since his hire i have been more impressed with him every time is see/hear him. good for mike, he diserves it!

Preacher
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
boy! you called that one! in november 2006, mikey t was not even on my radar. since his hire i have been more impressed with him every time is see/hear him. good for mike, he diserves it!

Yep... At first, I was actually really hoping for the D-coord. from the Bears. However, the more I learned about Tomlin, the more excited I started getting.

By the time he was selected, I was SO happy!

Haiku_Dirtt
09-30-2007, 02:58 AM
This dude. Damn.

Like I've been saying...his presence has a smell of victory.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-30-2007, 05:05 AM
thats scheduled for weeks 7-9.

...spot on.

I am already about to choke Mortenson, who has done nothing but undervalue what the Steelers have done.
...and as much as I Like PFW....they need to drop Dan Hampton. His inability to put a coherent sentence together makes his putdowns of Pittsburgh and Tomlin irrelevant.