PDA

View Full Version : Thank you USF

Steeler in Carolina
09-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Thank you for beating the over-rated WVU Mountaineers. Now, we can watch real college football where teams run pro style offenses. Now, we can focus on who will be national champs---USC, Oklahoma, Florida, etc

Elvis
09-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Yeh.. I got up this morning to turn on to sportscenter and saw this final score.. I was like"...:banana:
Its cool but teams like WVA just cant be 1 demensional and expect to beat very good teams. If this would have been USC or LSU it would have been 3 times worst..
:tt02:

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
09-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Thank you for beating the over-rated WVU Mountaineers. Now, we can watch real college football where teams run pro style offenses. Now, we can focus on who will be national champs---USC, Oklahoma, Florida, etc

I was glad to see USF hammer WVU last night. I'm sure the delusional WVU fans will find a way to put a good spin on last night's outcome because they always do when the Mountaineers lose.

SteelCityMan786
09-29-2007, 11:23 AM
that WVU loss probably jacks up my football coach even more. We just lost 28-21 last night. It was our 1st of the season.

Borski
09-29-2007, 12:06 PM

you forgot to add USF to that list! GO USF!!! WHOOO!!! :jammin:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM

I think you nailed the Top 3 in that order. California and Oregon would have crushed WVU too. Too bad that one has to lose today.

As I'm watching Tulane gashing the Tigers defensive line only to fumble the rock away...:smoker: Yeah. What was dat y'all were saying about the SEC?

GoFins11
09-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I think you nailed the Top 3 in that order. California and Oregon would have crushed WVU too. Too bad that one has to lose today.

As I'm watching Tulane gashing the Tigers defensive line only to fumble the rock away...:smoker: Yeah. What was dat y'all were saying about the SEC?

LSU wins 34-9 BTW.

You gotta love the state of Florida. Not only are the big perennially National Powerhouses but the smaller schools are on the rise in a BIG way.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
LSU wins 34-9 BTW.

You gotta love the state of Florida. Not only are the big perennially National Powerhouses but the smaller schools are on the rise in a BIG way.

Miami- hasn't done shit since the Buckeyes beat them. And it's oly time before they got good but are on NCAA Probation again. Thug U

FSU- They are too inconsistant right now to be considered a powerhouse.

Florida- Just lost to Auburn, there go their hopes of a repeat NC.

And as for the USF win, it's not like they are a 1aa program, they are a member of the Big Least. WVU was bound to lose, they don't field a defense.

pittsburghp8baller
09-30-2007, 10:52 AM

mind you USF runs the spread too and not exactly the "pro style" offense u want to see

leave the pro style to the pros let the colleges run the spread option, run n shoot, the veer. its a way for the smaller schools to even up the competition to the bigger schools

GoFins11
09-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Miami- hasn't done shit since the Buckeyes beat them. And it's oly time before they got good but are on NCAA Probation again. Thug U

FSU- They are too inconsistant right now to be considered a powerhouse.

Florida- Just lost to Auburn, there go their hopes of a repeat NC.

And as for the USF win, it's not like they are a 1aa program, they are a member of the Big Least. WVU was bound to lose, they don't field a defense.

Who thought UF was going to the NC. I am be a Gator but I'm realistic. It's going to be LSU vs. USC. But still the Big three in Florida are powerhouses. Everyone has to reload sometime.

X-Terminator
09-30-2007, 07:20 PM

You can officially thank Oklahoma for participating in this year's national championship chase.

Funny...you guys want to bash the Mountaineers, but at least they didn't lose to an unranked team. You know, like Oklahoma and Florida did.

And I'm not one of those "delusional WVU fans" either - they played like crap and got beat. Plain and simple.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Who thought UF was going to the NC. I am be a Gator but I'm realistic. It's going to be LSU vs. USC. But still the Big three in Florida are powerhouses. Everyone has to reload sometime.

A lot of people thought Florida had a good shot at the NC.

The Big Three in Florida WERE powerhouses. Right now it's only UF.

Hines0wnz
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM

minus Florida and possibly OU, USC still has a chance I guess.

Hines0wnz
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
A lot of people thought Florida had a good shot at the NC.

The Big Three in Florida WERE powerhouses. Right now it's only UF.

Not so much now.

CantStop85
10-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Not so much now.

Now it's only USF. :flap:

Hines0wnz
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Now it's only USF. :flap:

Oh how times have changed. :wink02:

Borski
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Go USF for NC!!! now that would be a sweet underdog story

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
USF will lose at least twice this year. Big East is over.

X-Terminator
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
minus Florida and possibly OU, USC still has a chance I guess.

After losing to Stanford...uh, I don't think so.

After LSU, the field is WIDE open right now.

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Yep, you're right. If you lose one, it MUST be against a top 25 team.

Steeler in Carolina
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
It would be great to see everyone with one loss. Maybe one day we will see a 16 team playoff to determine the true National Champion.

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM
It could happen I guess. Look at some of these upcoming schedules:

LSU-
Kentucky
Auburn
@Alabama
LA Tech
@Mississippi
Arkansas
SEC Championship game

Cal-
Oregon State
@UCLA
@Arizona State
Wash St,
@USC
Washington
Stanford

OSU-
Kent State
Michigan State
@Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@Michigan

BC-
@ND
@VT
FSU
@Maryland
@Clemson
Miami (FL)

USF-
UCF
@Rutgers
@UConn
Cincy
@Syracuse
Louisville
@Pittsburgh

Those are the remaining unbeatens in the top 10. I'd say none of these teams has an easy road, but a few things stand out. LSU only has a couple challenges left, but the SEC championship game is potentially huge.

Cal has a couple huge games coming up, namely that USC at USC. I don't expect the Trojans to lose again.

OSU's schedule is pretty backloaded. PSU and Michigan road games will be tough, and Illinois and Wisconsin are not pushovers.

BC has some tough road games coming up, and I'm not quite convinced they are an elite team. I expect at least one loss from them.

USF also has the toughest part of it's schedule ahead of it.

I'd say that OSU and LSU look like they are on a collision course rtight now, but anything could happen.

Steeler in Carolina
10-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm still not sold on LSU, but looking at the schedule I think they may be undefeated going into the SEC championship game.