PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes College football great

revefsreleets
09-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Every week is like a playoff game for the top teams. USF over WVU, Colorado over OU, Illinois over PSU, Texas likely going down, Rutgers in a shootout, etc, etc...

Just goes to show that it isn't just the Big ten that is vulnerable.

SteelCityMan786
09-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Yep, but still, we need a playoff system in the BCS. So many teams are kept out because of one loss.

revefsreleets
09-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Rutgers and Texas just went down. But, yeah, this doesn't change my mind about the "BCS Bowl Tournament" consisting of the top 8 teams.

Elvis
09-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah I think that an 8 team playoff
would be perfect
myself..
My Tar-Heels are getting
closer to winning
a BIG GAME!!
:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-29-2007, 11:48 PM
FLORIDA LOSES! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS GATOR HATER IS HAPPY!

Preacher
09-29-2007, 11:55 PM
8?

Nope. No reason why there can't be 16. It will only take four weeks. That way, you can also throw in some teams from smaller divisions that seem really good.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2007, 12:00 AM
A 16 team playoff would take the college football season rather deep into basketball season. Remember, football is played once a week. Basketball is played a few times a week that's why the 64 team field for the NCAA Tourney works.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Rutgers and Texas just went down. But, yeah, this doesn't change my mind about the "BCS Bowl Tournament" consisting of the top 8 teams.

First of all. Rutgers and Texas in the same sentence? And we're still talking about football?

The fairy tales are evaporating - but so are a few 'powerhouses.'

Today is NOT what is great in college football. It's only great if we see them play it out.

But college football is being reduced to a f**king beauty contest or olympic boxing in Korea. I still believe firmly that USC is the best roster in college football. And even as a fanatic everyone should prove it on the field.

Showing up to play is part of the game!!!!!!!

The Steelers 'miracle' run is the best example

GoFins11
09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
FLORIDA LOSES! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS GATOR HATER IS HAPPY!

This makes me laugh.:flap:

Have you always hated the Gators or is it because of the whole football and basketball thing.:cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2007, 10:42 AM
This makes me laugh.:flap:

Have you always hated the Gators or is it because of the whole football and basketball thing.:cheers:

I'm still bitter, lol.

:cheers: I always liked Florida when the Ol' Ball Coach was down there, he was always good for a laugh or two. I like Urban Meyer too, he's got himself quite the program down there in Gainseville.

But seeing how I am still bitter, eff the Gators! :flap:

CantStop85
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Kentucky top 10 now possibly?

pittsburghp8baller
09-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Kentucky top 10 now possibly?

kentucky def top 10 maybe even with a little luck could crep into the top 5. andre woodson is playing real good this year

GoFins11
09-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm still bitter, lol.

:cheers: I always liked Florida when the Ol' Ball Coach was down there, he was always good for a laugh or two. I like Urban Meyer too, he's got himself quite the program down there in Gainseville.

But seeing how I am still bitter, eff the Gators! :flap:

sorry you feel that way:flap:

I felt bad that OSU was talked up so much before the Championship. I would hate lose because of overconfidence.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
sorry you feel that way:flap:

I felt bad that OSU was talked up so much before the Championship. I would hate lose because of overconfidence.

Losing Ginn is what bit the Buckeyes in the ass. I seriously think if Ginn would have never gotten hurt, the game would have been different. I am not saying that the Buckeyes would have won...but it would have made it closer.

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm a bitter Buckeye, and I'll admit it. I don't think for a second that the Buckeyes were better than the Gators in basketball, but there was no reason for them to lose the NC game in football. They got fat and lazy and the better prepared and more motivated Gators pulled out the gadget plays and whooped them good. But I still think that overall the Bucks were the better football team.

GoFins11
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Losing Ginn is what bit the Buckeyes in the ass. I seriously think if Ginn would have never gotten hurt, the game would have been different. I am not saying that the Buckeyes would have won...but it would have made it closer.

I think it would've been interesting because Florida's secondary was awesome.