PDA

View Full Version : Game info

sixpak420
09-30-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm going to my first game and had a few questions. When do the gates open? Also, I was thinking of parking at station square and taking the boat over to the stadium. I was wonder if anyone had any info on when the boat runs and if they make continuous trips back and forth.

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Stadium opens 2 hours before KO. And the Ferry starts running about 4 hours prior to KO.

nojobny
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
The only problem I have with the ferry is you're at the mercy of everyone else. Meaning you have to wait until the boat is full b4 they leave. If you're driving home, it's fine but if you're coming in from out of town and have to catch a flight, don't do it.

Also, be sure to go in through gate A. That's the gate that's under the Jumbotron. Since you've never been you may want to go so the stadium a bit early to look around inside b4 it gets too crowded.

And dont' miss the Great Hall. Plus you can get really close to the field from the great hall level b4 the game starts. A lot of stadiums won't let you enter the field level seats section but they're pretty cool at heinz. You'll get a lot of great photo ops there.

I took these during warmups last week. BTW, what game are you going to?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/nojobny/Steeelers/IMG_0763.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/nojobny/Steeelers/IMG_0762.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/nojobny/Steeelers/IMG_0753.jpg

sixpak420
09-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm going to the seahawks game. I've got section 517 row a. Not sure how good the tickets are but can't wait to be there. Atleast I don't have to worry about anyone infront of me.

Steelnation36
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
thats my frist game too.... a lot of ppl are goin to the seahawks game as their first at heinz im in section 137

nojobny
10-01-2007, 03:54 AM
I'm going to the seahawks game. I've got section 517 row a. Not sure how good the tickets are but can't wait to be there. Atleast I don't have to worry about anyone infront of me.

OMG!!!! You'll be in my section!! :tt02::tt02: (please note my avi!) I am a lot closer to that 517 sign than you are. My seats are in rows HH & JJ

Pgh Girl
10-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Eight of us are coming in from Hampton Roads, VA for the Seattle game and we're looking for an "open" tailgate party... Is there such a thing? It's our first game at Heinz Field too. Been to alot of games at Three Rivers Stadium as a kid, but never to one at Heinz Field.

sixpak420
10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Just got the tickets in the mail today. section 517 row A seats 4 and 5. Didn't really set in that I was going until I had the tickets in my hand. Now I don't know how i am going to make it through the rest of the week. Will I get a good view of the field from these seats?

Stlrs4Life
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Eight of us are coming in from Hampton Roads, VA for the Seattle game and we're looking for an "open" tailgate party... Is there such a thing? It's our first game at Heinz Field too. Been to alot of games at Three Rivers Stadium as a kid, but never to one at Heinz Field.

You mean you didn't see this thread?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20260

Steelnation36
10-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Just got the tickets in the mail today. section 517 row A seats 4 and 5. Didn't really set in that I was going until I had the tickets in my hand. Now I don't know how i am going to make it through the rest of the week. Will I get a good view of the field from these seats?

haha i know what you mean i was so anxious but once i got em in my hands it hit me. Im driving up tom though so its gonna be a great weekend

malakas07
10-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Wow, 4 of us are coming from Hampton Roads too. We're leaving Friday night. My wife is from that area. So we're going to see some family.
I've been to Three Rivers several times but this will be our first time to Heinz.

I want to stop by the Tailgate mentioned above and hang out with some of the SF crew but I would also like to check out the Great Hall and take
lots of pictures. So I guess I should show up early.

I don't know where to park. Where do you guys suggest to park and how much does it normally cost?