PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on Troy and Casey

stillers4me
09-30-2007, 09:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270930022

The Steelers were without two key defensive starters: safety Troy Polamalu (abdominal strain) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring injury).

Tomlin said he wasn't sure how serious the injuries were.

fansince'76
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
This hurts worse than the loss....:banging:

stillers4me
09-30-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm with ya there.

OneForTheToe
09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
What about Hokey Pokey? I know he was taken off the field. If Hokey is ok, the Steelers might elect to let Big Snack and Troy rest their injuries next week so as to get three weeks off.

ben2hines=6
09-30-2007, 09:13 PM
troy looked better these last two games than he did all last year, finally healthy and boom....this sux

fansince'76
09-30-2007, 09:14 PM
What about hokey pokey? I know he was taken off the field. If hokey is ok, the Steelers might elect to let Big Snack rest the hammey next week and in the week off.

From the looks of what I saw, Hoke hopefully only got just a painful stinger while making a tackle and nothing else.

stillers4me
09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
troy looked better these last two games than he did all last year, finally healthy and boom....this sux

Troy getting injured doesn't really surprise me.......he was a megabeast out there today.

jjpro11
09-30-2007, 09:17 PM
son of a bitch.. alexander is no bum and the seattle passing game isnt the level of the 49ers or bills. we need those guys next week. we cannot go into the bye on a 2 game losing streak.

The Duke
09-30-2007, 09:37 PM

definitely. Get well soon guys.

But what about B Mac?

Preacher
09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Yep... We lost too many players today. I am worried.

Edman
09-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Injuries suck, but if this team cannot win/step up when players go down, then we just aren't that good a team at all.

Lets see how the Tomlin Steelers handle adversity.

jjpro11
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Injuries suck, but if this team cannot win/step up when players go down, then we just aren't that good a team at all.

Lets see how the Tomlin Steelers handle adversity.

those are major players though. when will we hear an update?

OptionCoach
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
If we lose Hampton, we are in for a world of hurt.

Troy is awesome, but Fat Casey make the 3-4 go, make no mistake

Preacher
09-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah injuries suck... yeah we should be able to play through them...

But when our BEST receiver, our BEST DB and our BEST DL is out with an injury, not to mention a few more...

That makes it hard for most teams to step and win.

OneForTheToe
09-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah injuries suck... yeah we should be able to play through them...

But when our BEST receiver, our BEST DB and our BEST DL is out with an injury, not to mention a few more...

That makes it hard for most teams to step and win.

Agreed but peoplehave to step up.

Preacher
09-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Yep. I agree they do. But it makes it harder to do.

paw-n-maul-u
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Yeah but I mean, hampton and ward pretty much make our whole defense work.

look at the colts last year ... colts - bob sanders&dwight freeney=no suberbowl?? ... sure looked that way when they were injured.

Lets just hope its not serious.

jjpro11
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
not really much of an update.. but heres the PG article.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07274/822009-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Injuries compound painful loss
Monday, October 01, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana / Post-Gazette
Troy Polamalu picks up a Arizona fumble in the third quarter yesterday at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Steelers had injuries added to the insult of their upset loss to the Arizona Cardinals yesterday at University of Phoenix Stadium.

Two Pro Bowl defensive players were knocked out of action in the second half when strong safety Troy Polamalu left with an abdominal strain and nose tackle Casey Hampton departed with a hamstring injury.

Late in the game, Hampton's veteran backup, Chris Hoke, left with a neck strain. No. 3 cornerback Bryant McFadden also departed in the second half with a sprained right ankle.

Others left but came back, including Deshea Townsend (neck) in the first quarter.

These were in addition to players who already missed yesterday's game because of injuries: wide receiver Hines Ward (knee) and rookie tight end Matt Spaeth (bruised thigh).

"They are not the reason we lost this football game," coach Mike Tomlin said. "The Arizona Cardinals outperformed us. Injuries are a part of the game."

Preacher
10-01-2007, 01:28 AM
"They are not the reason we lost this football game," coach Mike Tomlin said. "The Arizona Cardinals outperformed us. Injuries are a part of the game."

That is a good quote.

I still LOVE the fact that we have Tomlin

klick81
10-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Crap man. There's no way around it. These two guys make our defense click. Time to see what the team is made of.

Galax Steeler
10-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I know we lost but I think it would have been a different game with hampton and polamalu in the game.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I am not as worried about either injury individually as I am both of them together. Hoke is a MORE than capable back up and a leader on this team. Carter is an alright backup to have but look at it this way... Hoke played the whole season the year we went 15 - 1 with Ben as a rookie (A lot of people seem to forget that)... Carter played a lot last year... (Okay not all that encouraging there lol)... I am not as worried as most will be though I think - That is my point.

delhess
10-01-2007, 04:27 AM
i think we need troy for a win against seattle. if he is healthy enough, he will go. he gets another week of rest afterwards, and a win before the bye looks pretty important right now.

Justin Otstott
10-01-2007, 07:21 AM
we will see!! I know we can win this game!

RoethlisBURGHer
10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, don't count on Ceric Wilson to step up. He's an effen bum, cut his ass and bring Dallas Baker "The Touchdown Maker" up from the practice squad.

SCSTILLER
10-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I am not as worried about either injury individually as I am both of them together. Hoke is a MORE than capable back up and a leader on this team. Carter is an alright backup to have but look at it this way... Hoke played the whole season the year we went 15 - 1 with Ben as a rookie (A lot of people seem to forget that)... Carter played a lot last year... (Okay not all that encouraging there lol)... I am not as worried as most will be though I think - That is my point.

And if I remember correctly, when Hoke filled in for Big Snack our defense allowed less rushing yards per game. I think either of them are capable of holding down the middle in the 3-4

TackleMeBen
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Well, don't count on Ceric Wilson to step up. He's an effen bum, cut his ass and bring Dallas Baker "The Touchdown Maker" up from the practice squad.
:iagree: and why cant ben just give them some of his mutant healing powers and they will all be back practicing on weds:wink02:

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
And if I remember correctly, when Hoke filled in for Big Snack our defense allowed less rushing yards per game. I think either of them are capable of holding down the middle in the 3-4

Right

TackleMeBen
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Chris Hoke, left with a neck strain. No. 3 cornerback Bryant McFadden also departed in the second half with a sprained right ankle.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07274/822009-66.stm

Lord Stiller
10-01-2007, 10:15 AM
McFadden would also be a huge loss. I'm glad to hear it wasn't a serious knee injury, i wasn't sure what to expect after seeing him carted off

Soooo Troy couldn't return with an ab strain?? interesting