PDA

View Full Version : The Relaxation Thread....

Sharkissle29
10-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Everyone relax, lol. the season is way too early and today we just looked rusty and got outplayed. We played a second half without stars on offense and defense. Even though the o-line played terribly, it's still very early and we've looked strong all year. Being at the game, i noticed Santonio Holmes was really our only reciever who made adjustments when Ben got out of the pocket and was running (we need hines back asap). That being said, Big Ben is a MONSTER to take down and we are lucky to have him under center. Everyone just relax, losses like these ones always stir up negative conversation. Lets just put this one behind us and move onto the Seahawks. 4-1 going into the bye week doesnt sound all that bad to me. Rest up, and its back to Steeler football.

Now, everyone go to bed, relax a little, and come back tomorrow with a positive attitude. . :-P

The Duke
10-01-2007, 12:11 AM
:smoker: relaxing rocks

steeler dude
10-01-2007, 01:15 AM
first thing if when you have 2 coaches that have coached you for 6 years and all the sudden you are playing against them they know what you do well and where the team weakness is. we already were weakened by the lose of hines and halftime lose of polamalu , not to metion the 9 man fronts and our 3rd and 4th rec running wrong routes and dropped several long passes when they were wide open. those passes were key plays . it seemed as though they were lost if the play broke down aswell . one punt return for td was the game imo well will be ok still 1 game up on the browns and 1 up on the head to head . we just need to win all div games and beat seattle before the bye go steelers:tt02::dang:

jjpro11
10-01-2007, 01:20 AM
i wont be relaxed until i know the severity of all the injuries.

Galax Steeler
10-01-2007, 04:13 AM
I am relaxed now lets go kick some seahawk butts.

delhess
10-01-2007, 05:18 AM
mmmmmmm relaxing... wait, isn't that what the steelers did last year??

just kidding. i think we have to keep things in perspective.
1. our o line was exposed a bit yesterday
2. we did get outplayed
3. the coaches had our number
4. ward and troy are huge playmakers
5. we are still 3-1, firmly on top of the division!

Mosca
10-01-2007, 11:01 AM
We have to keep things in perspective like, it's just a football game.... there will be another one next week.

Tom

rbryan
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I was pretty sure we were not going to win them all. lol. Should have known we were in trouble when I read the article in the paper yesterday about the possibility of going undefeated. Dulac I believe. What a knucklehead.

BlastFurnace
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks Coach Cowher. I knew you were lingering around here somewhere.

BlastFurnace
10-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I did some Yoga this morning to clear this loss out of my mind :>)

onthebus36
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
It could be a lot worse. You could feel like Donovan McNabb this morning! Twelve sacks... are you kidding me?!?!

Sharkissle29
10-01-2007, 12:36 PM
It could be a lot worse. You could feel like Donovan McNabb this morning! Twelve sacks... are you kidding me?!?!

haha exactly, at least our o-line isnt that bad. are the eagles that bad or did the giants just have the game of their lives? i think our o-line will be fine, but one thing we do not to tune down are penalties. they killed us in this game.

ps: did u guys think that 3rd down td pass was a catch? didnt see a "football move," guess u cant do much when ur in the endzone. oh well, we'll get em next week

BurghZ0n3
10-01-2007, 12:40 PM
...every Dawg got his bad dayz...but we'll be in the playoff for sure!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlastFurnace
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
haha exactly, at least our o-line isnt that bad. are the eagles that bad or did the giants just have the game of their lives? i think our o-line will be fine, but one thing we do not to tune down are penalties. they killed us in this game.

ps: did u guys think that 3rd down td pass was a catch? didnt see a "football move," guess u cant do much when ur in the endzone. oh well, we'll get em next week

Yes. I thought it was a catch. He established posession before it was knocked out.

I thought Tomlin received some bad advice to challenge that call from his assistant upstairs.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Funny thing about that play is the receiver didn't need to make a football move. Why not wrap up the ball in a still position. He was already past the goal line.

atlsteelers
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I am looking at it this way. I am flying up to the burgh from atlanta this saturday to catch the game on sunday. After getting thier a$$ whiped in the desert the steelers are going to refocus and get after the seahawks. This way my trip to Hienz field is that much more fun. I can not wait to get after holgrem and big fat cry babby a$$....

OneForTheToe
10-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes there will be planty more ups and downs in the season, for sure. I still think we will be fine.

Here is a strange note: If the Pat's beat the Bungles tonight (as expected) the Steelers will be the only 3-1 in the entire AFC. There would be two 4-0 teams, One 3-1 team (us) and the next best record would be 2-2. See. we are one of a kind.:thumbsup:

Of course, there are a couple teams on a bye, but who's counting ....

alittlejazzbird
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow, there's a lot of gloom & doom on some threads today! I'm glad I visited this thread where yinz are taking a deep breath, and no one is begging to fire the coach or bench the quarterback. Sheesh people, it's only one loss. We were definitely out-executed, and possibly outcoached, but we still have a team and a coach who are going to be successful. Both are works in progress.

The season is very young, and we are leading our division. Absolutely no cause for alarm this morning.

I know it's depressing -- I've been bummed out all day -- especially because we got off to such a tremendous start and expectations are now very high. But ask yourself this: would you rather be a Chargers or Bears fan waking up this morning? I didn't think so. We have a very talented team, a great (young and inexperienced) coach, and a bright future. Bet they don't feel that way in Chi-town or San Diego.

Sharkissle29
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes. I thought it was a catch. He established posession before it was knocked out.

I thought Tomlin received some bad advice to challenge that call from his assistant upstairs.

that was 100% tomlin making that call....he threw it immediately after the call was made. there wasnt even enough time for the guys upstairs to tell him what to do.

steelpride12
10-01-2007, 07:02 PM

1. our o line was exposed a bit yesterday
2. we did get outplayed
3. the coaches had our number
4. ward and troy are huge playmakers
5. we are still 3-1, firmly on top of the division!

Agreed so Dam it chill and lets go 4-1 into the bye boys! Go Steelers!

delhess
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Here is a strange note: If the Pat's beat the Bungles tonight (as expected) the Steelers will be the only 3-1 in the entire AFC. There would be two 4-0 teams, One 3-1 team (us) and the next best record would be 2-2. See. we are one of a kind.:thumbsup:

Of course, there are a couple teams on a bye, but who's counting ....

i think the nfc is lot better than people think this year. think about it. gb and dallas just to name a few. just because teams start strong doesn't mean they will be strong come playoff time, so its too early to tell.

Sharkissle29
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
i think the nfc is lot better than people think this year. think about it. gb and dallas just to name a few. just because teams start strong doesn't mean they will be strong come playoff time, so its too early to tell.

i'm really not sold on green bay yet. cowboys look pretty dang good tho.

augustashark
10-02-2007, 06:06 PM
You lose when you relax. You need to strive for perfection everytime out, kowing that you will fall short is ok, but striving is the key.

stillers4me
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Chill.

You could have woke up this morning and remembered you're a Bengals fan.

TackleMeBen
10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Chill.

You could have woke up this morning and remembered you're a Bengals fan.

i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.. oh wait maybe i would :flap: