PDA

View Full Version : From a Cardinals fan

HeavyB3
09-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm not hear to start problems or flame. I'd just like to commend your fans that came to the game today as being very civil and great football fans. As a Cardinals season ticket holder, I'm used to being at games that has a very large opposing team presence. The Raiders, Cowboys and Chiefs come to mind quickly. However, I did not encounter any jerks or people who didn't know football, just like the teams colors (gangster wannabe Raider fans).

I hope you take care of the Seahawks for us next week, and we can take care of business against the Rams. There is a very good chance you'll be playing in Arizona again, so good luck.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Steelers fans generally are not jerks as long as you don't insult the team. Do that and your going to get destroyed.

It was a tough game to watch knowing that the Steelers are (No offense tol the Cards) a better team and just couldn't get anything done.

Good luck to you guys, your basically turning into the Steelers Jr. Lol - WIz and Grimm are picking up almost everyone we cut. You guys will probably have Faneca next year!

HeavyB3
10-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Steelers fans generally are not jerks as long as you don't insult the team. Do that and your going to get destroyed.

It was a tough game to watch knowing that the Steelers are (No offense tol the Cards) a better team and just couldn't get anything done.

Good luck to you guys, your basically turning into the Steelers Jr. Lol - WIz and Grimm are picking up almost everyone we cut. You guys will probably have Faneca next year!

I would agree that the Steelers are likely the better team, but the Cardinals have a lot of talent on the team. If we can get the offense going, we might be scary in the weaker NFC.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 12:08 AM
I would agree that the Steelers are likely the better team, but the Cardinals have a lot of talent on the team. If we can get the offense going, we might be scary in the weaker NFC.

A lot of talent, but they have had a lot of talent for the past five years now. Everyone always wants to pick them as a sleeper but how long can you be a sleeper before you go into a coma???

Cardinals historically: Lots of talent, can never seem to get it done.

And it is a shame... The west needs a decent team!

fansince'76
10-01-2007, 12:09 AM

We weren't the better team today, and that's what shows up in the W-L column. On top of that, your team wanted it more. Good luck with the rest of your season. :cheers:

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 12:11 AM
We weren't the better team today, and that's what shows up in the W-L column. On top of that, your team wanted it more. Good luck with the rest of your season. :cheers:

That is for sure. They were outplayed today. Out play called is more like it in my opinion. :banging:

MACH1
10-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Yep they were outplayed and(or) not prepared today.
Its the last time it will happen........I hope.
Congrats on the win.:cheers:

The Duke
10-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Congratulations on the win to you cards fans

Preacher
10-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey.... You all won...

Congrats.

Today, you were the better team. There is no question about that.

To say anything else.. is to sound like the Bengals.

SteelersMongol
10-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Congrats to you the Cards.

delhess
10-01-2007, 02:22 AM
i was impressed w/ the pressure from the cards, you were able to get past our o line, and you shut down willie parker. i think you had a great game plan and executed it well w/o many mistakes. that's what it takes to win. when you want it bad enough you can make things happen, and the return for a td was the difference in this game. good job, you clearly deserve this win.

Galax Steeler
10-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Good game the cards played well.

HometownGal
10-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Thanks Heavy. Much appreciated! :cheers:

It was a difficult loss to swallow, but our guys were outplayed and outmaneuvered by a motivated Cards team. You guys do have a lot of talent - I've said that all along. Good luck next week against the Rams (who may be Bulger-less) and thanks for the classy post. :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm not hear to start problems or flame. I'd just like to commend your fans that came to the game today as being very civil and great football fans. As a Cardinals season ticket holder, I'm used to being at games that has a very large opposing team presence. The Raiders, Cowboys and Chiefs come to mind quickly. However, I did not encounter any jerks or people who didn't know football, just like the teams colors (gangster wannabe Raider fans).

I hope you take care of the Seahawks for us next week, and we can take care of business against the Rams. There is a very good chance you'll be playing in Arizona again, so good luck.

Very classy. Congratulations on your win. I wish you guys the best of luck. Whiz and Fitz in particular.

SCSTILLER
10-01-2007, 07:03 AM
I was really impressed with the Cards defense. They were in Bens face all day and gave Fast Willie no room to run. It just seems like they wanted it more. Congrats to the Cards for the win. Only problem is today I am sitting at work getting so much flak from my boss (Cards fan). It is all in good fun. That was not the same Cards defense that I watched in the preseason. Watch out Seattle, here we come!

varmintjcl
10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Wow I can't believe there are Card fans with this kind of class!!!
After the worst experience EVER at a stadium yesterday because of the rude & obnoxious Card fans, I decided I would never attend another game of any kind at the Uof Phx stadium. At half time I wanted to leave & go home to finish watching the game, but others with me wanted to stay. As an Az resident I could never be a supporter of the Cardinal team mostly because of the attitude of the Cardinal fans.
Its good to know there is at least a few who are respectable.

Sharkissle29
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM

appreciate the praisal. i hate to say it but i cant say the same about your fans. i was constantly getting heckled after the game and im sure a lot of steeler fans did (which can be the blame of the fight i saw of some cardinal fan getting laid out). the fans i sat with were ok, but after the game just became *******s. good game tho, well deserved win.

Pittsburghfan
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I learned something today. Cardinals fans may be the nicest fans.

I have yet to encounter a mean one.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Cards fans are humble...a lack of rings will do that to ya.

As for the Steelers, their performance this weekend made me ill. After watching the just misses on passes, the lack of points off turnovers, the bad penalties which I thought were addressed, I was physically ill. Fitzgerald is a PITT grad so I enjoy watching him do well, I just hate to see it against my secondary. I thought he'd fold up like he usually does in big games, but hats off to him, he did a great job of being the go to guy, minus the one fumble.

Our play calling needs to be better, the full back needs used more to lead block and the pass selection needs to be a little better. Wilson was invisible. I liked the quick passes to Reid, he did "well". Nate was 1 milisecond too slow twice, otherwise it would have been a much different game, its tough not having your #1 guy in their, but like the Cards, when #1 is out, the rest have to step up their game, and the Steelers didn't do that Sunday...Now you'll have to excuse me while I puke out the rest of my guts as a Jets fan who I've been giving hell to in the office, gives me a hard time about being 3-1.

varmintjcl
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I learned something today. Cardinals fans may be the nicest fans.

I have yet to encounter a mean one.

You must not have been seated near the ones who acted tough & wouldn't let the women & children pass by to return to their seats, or near the ones screaming that Steeler fans didn't belong in "their" stadium since they paid for it, and the ones who picked on an old couple through the whole game that just sat & wanted to be left alone to watch the game. I watched as one was so proud of himself because he "tricked" a 6 year old into giving him a high five. They made me sick & like I said I wanted to leave the game at 1/2 time they were so bad( & we were still winning)
I cheered every time one of them got removed from the game by security. None of the Steeler fans were removed around where I was seated, they were acting with class. Most classless fans I've ever encountered in any stadium. Even Dallas fans didn't behave that bad when I went to a game there.
And to be clear, my opinion on this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Thank you very much. Congrats on the win yesterday, you guys definately deserve it. Hopefully this win will carry you over to more wins.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Even Dallas fans didn't behave that bad when I went to a game there.
And to be clear, my opinion on this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Hey man, if your talking about the game in 2004 when Vinny T fumbled...they had to be humble, they were rooting for Vinny T!!! That was an awesome game to be at my man...and yeah, the Dallas fans were pretty classy, I was there and was impressed with their attitude...they had a huge respect for the Steelers as 4 time champs...great game to be at...as a Steelers fan.

steelpride12
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes good job on the win its plain and simple we didn't show up, made silly mistakes and didn't come out hot.