PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks fan here...

Canadian Hawk Fan
10-01-2007, 03:52 AM
...figured I'd wander into enemy territory and see how angry the natives are about losing to the dreaded CARDINALS. Oops, they beat us too. But at least we had to pretty much give them the ball to lose it...:dang:

Any first thoughts on the upcoming rematch of a Superbowl held not so long ago? I'm a little worried because the Steelers will obviously be pizzed about losing to a supposedly inferior team and will have the bye week afterwards allowing them to put it all out on the field against the Hawks.

How do you think your defensive scheme will do against Alexander's cutbacks, factoring in that he's got a booboo on his wrist?

Will you able to get to Hass? Our pass protection (unlike our running game) has been spectacular, and Hass is playing better than I've ever seen him. Branch is turning out to be a real weapon.

Defensively, how's your own pass protection? We blitzed the heck out of SF early and got something like five sacks in the first half, then pulled back a little and let Dilfer throw an INT or two. Will you keep backs and tight ends in to block?

What's the story on Ward? He's a player, love that guy. If he's out, I wonder if Holmes will be able to get free on his own. Trufant's been great so far this year.

Galax Steeler
10-01-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't think alexander will get a hundred yards rushing and you can expect alot of blitzing from leabau.Should be a good game.

delhess
10-01-2007, 04:13 AM
i think you are right, the steelers will be ready for a win (i hope) and pizzed about the loss. i don't feel they played a very good game yesterday. it was really bad, but it was a winnable game if you take away some mistakes. i would expect them to play up to their potential next week, if they can get healthy. i am expecting ward to play, don't know about troy, because i haven't heard anything on him yet.

The Duke
10-01-2007, 04:45 AM
Our pass protection? I just got a feeling Ben will go down many times against you guys, our o line is just not at its best.

Getting to hasselbeck could go either way, sometimes our pass rushers are all over the QB and sometimes they just give them too much time and that's when they start to drive down field on us, then we might be losing and have to cutback on the blitzes to cover your receivers. It's gonna be tough, if we start blitzing early and successfully I can see us winning, if we give matt time, well I just don't want to start thinking about another loss before we play it....

RoethlisBURGHer
10-01-2007, 07:32 AM
The Steelers are pissed...there is no wrath like a pissed off Steelers team.

Shaun Alexander won't get 100 yards rushing.

Hasselbeck is going to have a Steelers defensive player in his face every pass play.

And if I hear one damn thing about refs coming out of the Pacific Northwest, I'll effen rip my hair out.

SCSTILLER
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
I think that we will shut down S. Alexander. But with our secondary banged up I am fearful of the Seahawks passing attack. Hopefully we can get alot of pressure on the Hasselbeck and disrupt the timing of the routes.

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
1. Alexander won't get anything. That means as usuall the QB will have to win with his arm and with your receivers I know that won't happen.

2. I am going to the game, the crowd is going to be insane - A loss that shouldn't have happened last week, a whining team of overrateds in the Seahawks and the fact it's my first game will make sure of that. I expect my lungs to be bleeding on the ride home.

Oh and by the way, the Cardinals didn't beat the Steelers, the Steelers beat the Steelers. Much like when Shawn Alexander ran into Matt Hasselbeck on that final drive recentley.

I am less worried about this game than I was against the 49ers or Cardinals. Stillirs shoot the coffee drinking baby blue birds down by 10 or more easy - The only question is: Will the team take it like men this time or find someone else to balme their loss on. Super Bowl XL champs baby - Can never be taken away.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Hawks and Steelers fans both are convinced their teams gave away the losses to Arizona.

Steelers & Hawks are evenly matched, which should mean a Steelers home win unless Troy and Casey cannot go next week.

Lots for the Steelers to work on this week

ShutDown24
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Hawks and Steelers fans both are convinced their teams gave away the losses to Arizona.

Steelers & Hawks are evenly matched, which should mean a Steelers home win unless Troy and Casey cannot go next week.

Lots for the Steelers to work on this week

I think they are evenly matched teams without Troy and Casey.

Eztarget
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Our special teams and stupid goal line plays lost us yesterday's game.

Lord Stiller
10-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Our special teams and stupid goal line plays lost us yesterday's game.

Special Teams as a whole? no

it was just dumbass Clint Kriewaldt missing a tackle he should have easily made

Edman
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
The cards played a good game, but we had a chance to finish them off after that fumble and we didn't. We must move on. F them.

Ben certainly has to be pissed and frustrated after yesterday. He certainly looked like it. If I had Nate Stumbling Washington as my #2 reciever I'd be ticked too. All in All, the Steelers are pissed and frustrated they squandered so many opportunities(They better be). I expect a better practice this week.

steelpride12
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I think that we will shut down S. Alexander. But with our secondary banged up I am fearful of the Seahawks passing attack. Hopefully we can get alot of pressure on the Hasselbeck and disrupt the timing of the routes.

Agreed. I think Alexander will be no problem, but our defense against the pass is weak and if Troy is out will hurt worse!

Getting pressure of Matt H is Key to Turnovers!

Preacher
10-01-2007, 07:36 PM
The Game will be won or lost on THIS issue.........

Will Dick LeBeau roll up the CB's to stop the short routes? If he does, we will win. If he doesn't, Seattle will walk up and down the field on us, and we will lose. Period.

SteelersMongol
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
The Steelers are pissed...there is no wrath like a pissed off Steelers team.

Shaun Alexander won't get 100 yards rushing.

Hasselbeck is going to have a Steelers defensive player in his face every pass play.

And if I hear one damn thing about refs coming out of the Pacific Northwest, I'll effen rip my hair out.

:toofunny:

The Duke
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
The Game will be won or lost on THIS issue.........

Will Dick LeBeau roll up the CB's to stop the short routes? If he does, we will win. If he doesn't, Seattle will walk up and down the field on us, and we will lose. Period.

definitely, we saw that happening yesterday, and when else....oh yeah, against the seahawks themselves in the super bowl. LeBeau may be great, but if he doesn't quit with this vanilla defense we're bound to lose. start showing some of the new defense, against the seahawks is going to be needed

SteelerManiacXLII
10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
If i remember correctly back to 2005 most Seahawk fans are classless.

NateC
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Lol ummm... Idk about Classless. When your CHampion Your Gonna have Little Nay Sayers Nipping at your heel's. Ladies Gent's Wen we lost to Cowboys in 95... I NEVER SAID Dallas played well...No... I blamed it ALL on O'donnel. I never showed them respect for getting there i just said Steelers Beat Themselves... If i lived in Dallas i woulda Laughed at me and kept it moving as a champion... I Know the Calibur of people we have in our City... I Suggest we Let the nay Sayers Nay Say and Relish our Championship... LOL Praise God for it and who knows when another will fall on the City

stlrtruck
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm not too worried about Alexander - he'll get his but it won't be 100 yards. However, what does bother me is our lack of pass rush from the front 7. With that being said, I trust LeBeau will work out the kinks in these next few days and open up a new can on Hass.

BurghZ0n3
10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Do more of Zone Blitz....Zone Blitz....Zone Blitz....we gotta make Hasselbeck play one dimension. :banging::banging::banging:

Dino 6 Rings
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Expect a lot of "hacking" on Alexander's wrist as the Steelers look to cause turnovers. Hassleback will have to win the game, and with that recieving corp its possible if we don't fix things in our secondary after the Cardinals exposed single coverage with Fitz all day long.

But Willie will have a huge game...I feel it.

2*2*2
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
1. Alexander won't get anything. That means as usuall the QB will have to win with his arm and with your receivers I know that won't happen.

2. I am going to the game, the crowd is going to be insane - A loss that shouldn't have happened last week, a whining team of overrateds in the Seahawks and the fact it's my first game will make sure of that. I expect my lungs to be bleeding on the ride home.

Oh and by the way, the Cardinals didn't beat the Steelers, the Steelers beat the Steelers. Much like when Shawn Alexander ran into Matt Hasselbeck on that final drive recentley.

I am less worried about this game than I was against the 49ers or Cardinals. Stillirs shoot the coffee drinking baby blue birds down by 10 or more easy - The only question is: Will the team take it like men this time or find someone else to balme their loss on. Super Bowl XL champs baby - Can never be taken away.

Do you even know who our WR's are? If you did, you wouldn't have made such a boastful prediction there!

Branch and Burleson have been more than effective this year and then you throw in Engram and now with a healthy Obomanu and we can spread 4 wide. That doesn't bode well for you as your nickel back has a high ankle sprain.

You're out of your mind if you are less worried about this game than the 49ers or Cardinals! We both have top notch teams and your assumptions/predictions are either ignorance or arrogance.

As far as SBXL goes, the only time it gets brought up on the Seahawks board that I frequent is by a Steeler fan. Get over it buddy! It was 2 years ago!:banging: Whining about whining friggin' cracks me up!

2*2*2
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Expect a lot of "hacking" on Alexander's wrist as the Steelers look to cause turnovers. Hassleback will have to win the game, and with that recieving corp its possible if we don't fix things in our secondary after the Cardinals exposed single coverage with Fitz all day long.

But Willie will have a huge game...I feel it.

That was the 49ers plan as well! It didn't work well for them. Now that we have a TE and WR's that can hang onto the ball, we truly are a 2 headed monster. If you take away the Seahawks run game, we'll pass until you adjust to that and throw in a draw play here and there to keep you honest.

The odd thing about Alexander is that he is catching better with that soft cast on his hand, then he did without it. As far as RB's we also have Maurice Morris as a speed guy/change of pace back and Leonard Weaver who is shifty, but a bruiser as well.

I figure that with 2 new safeties this year who's names aren't burnt and toast respectively, that we will just stack the box against the run until teams prove that they can beat us with the pass.

ShutDown24
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
2*2*2: Do you even know who our WR's are? If you did, you wouldn't have made such a boastful prediction there!

Deion Branch (overrated), Nate Burleson (overpaid), Bobby Engram (overachieving), D.J. Hackett (over-hyped), Obomonu (Not sure about the spelling, but is just another homer HOFer – See: John Kuhn.)

We have the perfect secondary even without Polomalu to shut down those receivers; All of whom disappear in big games historically. Not that this is a big game, it is anything but for the Steelers.

I am a peer proclaimed "NFL expert" and although I don't like that term (Especially when used referring to me) trust me on this one, this game will not be won by a bad divisions third best team in Seattle. Top notch? You have got to be joking. Even in a weak conference the Seahawks are hardly a great team, let alone 'top notch'.

tony hipchest
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
You're out of your mind if you are less worried about this game than the 49ers or Cardinals!

agreed. the seahawks are the most well rounded bunch the steelers will face up to this point of the season for 100 reasons i wont get into. namely the better qb, rb, lt, and lb corps we have seen through 5 games.

the steelers season definitely doesnt get easier, but then again, neither did our march throughout the playoffs in 2005. tomlin readilly accepts the challenge of getting better vs. a superior team to those we have played so far. as a fan, i can ride with that.

delhess
10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
tomlin readilly accepts the challenge of getting better vs. a superior team to those we have played so far. as a fan, i can ride with that.

that is the thing to focus on right now. as a football team you are either getting better or getting worse. (last season was a good example of what happens if you try to stay the same) i think we are going to see the steelers rally and pull together as they face more challenges this season.

MasterOfPuppets
10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
anyone who's taking the seahawks lightly are making a serious mistake. they may not be the best team in the league,but they sure as hell aren't the worst ! can the steelers beat em? hell yes....but the team that showed up last week ain't gonna get it done.

Steelnation36
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
im goin to the game with a friend he loves steelers and seahawks as do i seahawks are my NFC team....so u know i loved that superbowl.... but of course steelers are BY FAR my team as the saying goes i bleed black and gold but we cant take the seahawks lightly. They have weapons and if we arnt prepared we can easily be even with the ravens.

By the way hawk fan thanks for being respectful while posting in a steelers forum ive seen other opposing fans come in here and trash talk non stop. A little mutual respect is always good. Even though we are gonna win haha

NateC
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Hasselbeck and Company have the tape of the Arizona Game...
The Basic ABC checklist to Beat the Steelers...
A Mix up your D, while Consistantly Pressuring Big Ben
B Make Ben Beat you with our Recievers
C Throw Short Routes and Dink and Dink and DInk All the Way 4 7 consistantly.
D ( And im Throwing this in there, not neccesary) Crack Something Big On Special Teams.
So... Show me Something Pittsburgh.. Show me Coaching Staff that You will Actually Game Plan Week to Week and Make Adjustments When Your thoughts and plans during the week are not turning out like you saw it. Do i think They do this Stuff Yeah.... But Idk.. I want to see more. I want to see the Coaching/playcalling Be something to mention is a Positive light. Weeks 1-3 I thought we did what we wanted.
Week 4 it Looked like we Tried and Tried and wernt sure what to do when we wernt Lighting it up.

Sigh Im Done Venting . Its Damn Near Wednesday WIll put it behind me and Move on to Seattle. NEW WEEK, NEW TEAM , NEW LIFE. SEAHAWKS ARE IN TROUBLE.

2*2*2
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
2*2*2: Do you even know who our WR's are? If you did, you wouldn't have made such a boastful prediction there!

Deion Branch (overrated), Nate Burleson (overpaid), Bobby Engram (overachieving), D.J. Hackett (over-hyped), Obomonu (Not sure about the spelling, but is just another homer HOFer – See: John Kuhn.)

We have the perfect secondary even without Polomalu to shut down those receivers; All of whom disappear in big games historically. Not that this is a big game, it is anything but for the Steelers. I am a peer proclaimed "NFL expert" and although I don't like that term (Especially when used referring to me) trust me on this one, this game will not be won by a bad divisions third best team in Seattle. Top notch? You have got to be joking. Even in a weak conference the Seahawks are hardly a great team, let alone 'top notch'.

If you were anything, but a self proclaimed "NFL Expert" you would know what Burlesons contract numbers really were! I suppose you still believe that it was 7yrs and 49million, eh? Check your sources(google) and get back to me on that one!

WR's that don't show up for big games? You mean Branch? A former SB MVP? Your expert analysis is stunning!

Engram, overachieving? Overachieving is having a bunch of mediocre years, a breakout year and back to mediocrity. Engram has been consistent his whole career with Seattle.

3rd best team in our Division? What 2 teams are better?

Who are your peers? You don't happen to teach special ed do you?

2*2*2
10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
im goin to the game with a friend he loves steelers and seahawks as do i seahawks are my NFC team....so u know i loved that superbowl.... but of course steelers are BY FAR my team as the saying goes i bleed black and gold but we cant take the seahawks lightly. They have weapons and if we arnt prepared we can easily be even with the ravens.

By the way hawk fan thanks for being respectful while posting in a steelers forum ive seen other opposing fans come in here and trash talk non stop. A little mutual respect is always good. Even though we are gonna win haha

No problem! I don't trash talk as it has no effect on the outcome of the game. Back in HS Greg Lloyd was my favorite LB. That SOB was a mean MFer!

As long as you do that in week 6, then cool!:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222
I don't trash talk as it has no effect on the outcome of the game.

Nope - no trash talk there. Personal insults are fine though......:dang:

Dakota monkey
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222

Well that was trash talking a bit, but he did in fact make good points.
How anyone can say that Branch disapears in big games is beyond me. Superbowl MVP..it doesn't get bigger than that.

He didn't sound much like an expert to me either. An expert would probably know that Burleson's contract was a joke contract, an attempt to get even with the Vikings for that poison pill contract they signed Steve Hutchinson to. The numbers were identical to his, but none of them are guaranteed.
And if he meant overachiever as in, no talent, I really must disagree, he IS an overachiever in the sense that he is perhaps our most clutch reciever, and yet he is not the fastest reciever on our team.
Overachiever in a bad sense? Hardly! Overachiever in the sense of, he gets more out of his talent than another equally talented player? YUP he does!

But to the game this sunday...all I can say is man this should be fun to watch.
there may not be two NFL teams who will play against each other, all season, who are more evenly matched.

Just look at the schedules of all the NFL teams and this might be the single best matchup (in terms of evenly matched teams) of the whole year, at least until the playoffs.

I post at several different Seahawks sites, and I can tell you all here, that though we are quietly confident, there ain't a one of us who are overconfident about this game.
However it turns out it will be darn fun to watch.

One thing I will say though, is that the media will no doubt hype this as a rematch of that superbowl...but it really isn't at all.
The Steelers have a new coach and many new players as well. No Bettis, who was sort of the media face of the franchise. No trash talking LB named Porter.

The Seahawks too, have nearly an entirely new secondary, new LBers except for Lofa Tatupu, and new D-Line. No stupid ball dropping trash talking TE named Stevens. No more ball dropping, pushing off in the end zone moron WR named Jackson either, (thank God)!

So the pre hype that this will be a rematch is really kind of dumb in my opinion.

2*2*2
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222

That was more directed at him referring to himself as an NFL "expert" or what have you. I won't trash talk your team, but I will make a statement when I feel that somebody is getting out of hand with the self inflicted butt taps! Besides, he called himself an expert, but is severely misinformed.

No biggie though.

I agree with the Dakota monkey as well. Very good points to be made and the thing that worries me is the fact that it's a home game for you guys, which means that we travel to the East Coast and we have, for the most part, been sub-par in those games.

NateC
10-04-2007, 11:10 PM
This is Gonna be Awesome .. Seahawks Are Weak...

Will We Prove That On Sunday?

If We do WIll you tell me HOW Awesome My Team is and Mediocre yours is?

Will you do that.....

fansince'76
10-04-2007, 11:13 PM
This is Gonna be Awesome .. Seahawks Are Weak...

Will We Prove That On Sunday?

If We do WIll you tell me HOW Awesome My Team is and Mediocre yours is?

Will you do that.....

C'mon man, these guys have been very respectful - no need to turn this into a smack thread. We're going to have our hands full on Sunday.

NateC
10-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Hasselbeck Is Just So Weak to me.. idk. Seems Like he is content with loosing ... As far as he doesnt let it get to him/doesnt give it ALL he Has. Idk thats just Chatter but His Demeanor Tells Me he got a "SO, What " Attitude... Hope we Stomp him Reall;y hard.... Oh and Unlike Y0ur Blood Thursty Fan Base @ Seahawkhuddle .com
I wont be happy if your QB gets Jumped on and taken out the Game....

you may come back to this bad ass Board and tell me how If Matt was in the Game you woulda won.

Lol Do i take this Too Personally ... 0-=oD

NateC
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Bah @ SMack Thread. Just Getting Set For Game Day is All. Is Approaching and Unlike Whizenhunt I dont Gotta Hug everyone before the game.... I just tell em Good luck and we Lovey DOvey After ward

Dakota monkey
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Hasselbeck Is Just So Weak to me.. idk. Seems Like he is content with loosing ... As far as he doesnt let it get to him/doesnt give it ALL he Has. Idk thats just Chatter but His Demeanor Tells Me he got a "SO, What " Attitude... Hope we Stomp him Reall;y hard.... Oh and Unlike Y0ur Blood Thursty Fan Base @ Seahawkhuddle .com
I wont be happy if your QB gets Jumped on and taken out the Game....

you may come back to this bad ass Board and tell me how If Matt was in the Game you woulda won.

Lol Do i take this Too Personally ... 0-=oD

LOL That's OK you're right, Hasselbeck is just fine with "loosing" ...a few perfect passes to recievers in the end zone that is :P

And believe me, I feel the same way about Ben, in fact I think he might be the single most overhyped overated QB outside of Philadelphia, so I guess we have that in common.

Never been to Seahawkhuddle, sound like a bunch of poor sports to me, I never ever cheer for any players injury. Probably why I don't post there. I mostly post at Seahawks blue, where not one single person there wanted that injury to Smith to happen, and to a man we all felt badly for them, in spite of them being in our division.

SteelerManiacXLII
10-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Do you even know who our WR's are? If you did, you wouldn't have made such a boastful prediction there!

Branch and Burleson have been more than effective this year and then you throw in Engram and now with a healthy Obomanu and we can spread 4 wide. That doesn't bode well for you as your nickel back has a high ankle sprain.

You're out of your mind if you are less worried about this game than the 49ers or Cardinals! We both have top notch teams and your assumptions/predictions are either ignorance or arrogance.

As far as SBXL goes, the only time it gets brought up on the Seahawks board that I frequent is by a Steeler fan. Get over it buddy! It was 2 years ago!:banging: Whining about whining friggin' cracks me up!

BOOYA!!!

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_194161.jpg

BurghZ0n3
10-05-2007, 10:22 AM
O man....don't pee on the B&G helmet now....ur urine smells so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd!!!! You should be fined for "Unsportsman like conduct"....:banging::banging::banging:

SteelDogFan
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I believe this game will play out something like the Superbowl except for one thing Ben won't be a nervous wreck. The Superbowl was kind of like his first playoff game a year before you could see it in his face.

>>I don't think Alexander will have a good game.
>>Matt will dink & dunk the Seahawks down the field.
>>Willie will have a decent game and maybe break a long one.

I truly think Ben will be the difference this time. Also considering the bad game he had throwing the ball against Arizona. He missed to many wide open receivers. If his head is on straight the Steelers could win big. If its not the Steelers will probably win by a field goal. Either way I don't see Seattle in Pittsburgh winning. Not only do the Seahawk fans no this is A Superbowl rematch the Steelers fans do to. The stadium will be rockin with Terrible Towels.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
It's truly astonishing how thin we are on the O-line.

If we break down again then Alexander won't need 100 yards to edge us on the scoreboard. If Willie Colon can't hold his own then do we send Starks back in? :dang:

Our tight ends are going to have to block their asses off if we plan on controlling any part of the clock. Or a barrel full of TD's on 3rd and 26.

NateC
10-06-2007, 09:54 AM
LOL That's OK you're right, Hasselbeck is just fine with "loosing" ...a few perfect passes to recievers in the end zone that is :P

And believe me, I feel the same way about Ben, in fact I think he might be the single most overhyped overated QB outside of Philadelphia, so I guess we have that in common.

Never been to Seahawkhuddle, sound like a bunch of poor sports to me, I never ever cheer for any players injury. Probably why I don't post there. I mostly post at Seahawks blue, where not one single person there wanted that injury to Smith to happen, and to a man we all felt badly for them, in spite of them being in our division.

Cmon man... Lol That DOesnt even make sense... Lol youngest to Win a Superbowl.
:cheers: to a few more while Ben @ HElm.... Seattle cmon man... HAsselbek never been "Awesome" Always content with Average. thats why in 05 people were like OMG Haselbeck is Above Average this year !!! SWEET.. and then he Faced Excellence in SB 40. and was proven to Falter in the big Game.... blah blah blha @ calls,,, he Still threw that pick down near teh redzone... and that was a Back breaker as well. He was looking like Odonnel out there

NateC
10-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Sigh . I never see the Other team Winning... Thats why it hurts so damn bad when we do...... im just rooting tommorow.. No Predictions on who is gonna kick ass. none of that... I just need to see my team go out and kick some butt. I cant think about it anymore.

SEATTLE... STay OUT WEST and Watch on TV. YOu may end up Moving to the Burgh once you get here and Expirence it.... And we have enough Starbucks as it is Thank you very much.

starbucksmommy
10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Cmon man... Lol That DOesnt even make sense... Lol youngest to Win a Superbowl.
:cheers: to a few more while Ben @ HElm.... Seattle cmon man... HAsselbek never been "Awesome" Always content with Average. thats why in 05 people were like OMG Haselbeck is Above Average this year !!! SWEET.. and then he Faced Excellence in SB 40. and was proven to Falter in the big Game.... blah blah blha @ calls,,, he Still threw that pick down near teh redzone... and that was a Back breaker as well. He was looking like Odonnel out there

Dude...Ben did not "win" that SB for you. He might havethe record for youngest QB to be on a winning SB team, but he also has the record for the lowest QB rating in a SB....forget about that stat did you? I'll take Hasselbeck over Ben anytime anywhere.

Now about Sunday. I think the teams are evenly matched and both are very well coached and smart. I'm just hoping it's my guys who pull out the win in the end. :cheer: Here's hoping for a good, clean, well officiated, and injury free game.

fansince'76
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Now about Sunday....Here's hoping for a good, clean, well officiated, and injury free game.

I'll drink to that. Welcome to the board! :cheers:

The Duke
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Dude...Ben did not "win" that SB for you. He might havethe record for youngest QB to be on a winning SB team, but he also has the record for the lowest QB rating in a SB....forget about that stat did you? I'll take Hasselbeck over Ben anytime anywhere.

Now about Sunday. I think the teams are evenly matched and both are very well coached and smart. I'm just hoping it's my guys who pull out the win in the end. :cheer: Here's hoping for a good, clean, well officiated, and injury free game.

now this is a classy fan. welcome to steelers fever, I'm also hoping for a great game

Elvis
10-06-2007, 01:19 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_332.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) :tt02::tt02::tt02:
I think that my new
it all...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7921)

Bill Gates Jr.
10-06-2007, 01:26 PM

:cheers: This is going to be the game of the week for sure. It's a really even match up. I think the game will be decided by who can come out firing in the first half. Hawks have been having trouble getting going in the first half this year.

I believe the Hawks have the better team this time around (plus we are healthier now than we were in the last match up). The only thing that scares me is how the Seahawks will handle the undoubtedly hostile crowd. Heres to a great sunday. :bouncy::chicken:

Elvis
10-06-2007, 01:34 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_7_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS)Fast Willie is gonna rebound this week
and have a big game. I dont know that the Hawks have the better team by no means. If our O Line can protect Big Ben, he will have a big game against your
Secondary.
:tt02:

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7920)

starbucksmommy
10-06-2007, 01:36 PM
now this is a classy fan. welcome to steelers fever, I'm also hoping for a great game

Thanks for the welcome!!! This looks like a fairly decent site with the exception of a few fans. :flap: :wink02:

Brian Hinkle MVP
10-06-2007, 01:45 PM
:cheers: This is going to be the game of the week for sure. It's a really even match up. I think the game will be decided by who can come out firing in the first half. Hawks have been having trouble getting going in the first half this year.

I believe the Hawks have the better team this time around (plus we are healthier now than we were in the last match up). The only thing that scares me is how the Seahawks will handle the undoubtedly hostile crowd. Heres to a great sunday. :bouncy::chicken:

I don't know about that Jr., we will see how that undersized Hawks D can handle fast Willy Parker and the Steelers physical style of play.

Bill Gates Jr.
10-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't know about that Jr., we will see how that undersized Hawks D can handle fast Willy Parker and the Steelers physical style of play.

Losing Marcus Tubbs hurt our run stuffing ability... but if our linebackers step up we should hold WP to less than 100 yards. We held Frank Gore down last week with amazing linebacker play by LeRoy Hill, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson.

Brian Hinkle MVP
10-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Losing Marcus Tubbs hurt our run stuffing ability... but if our linebackers step up we should hold WP to less than 100 yards. We held Frank Gore down last week with amazing linebacker play by LeRoy Hill, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson.

Which one of your "AMAZING" linebackers are gonna cover HEATH!!!!!!!!!!!! Miller?

tony hipchest
10-06-2007, 02:02 PM
just for the record, ben has the record for the lowest rating of all sb winning qb's. losing qb's have had worse than bens 23.

I believe the Hawks have the better team this time around (plus we are healthier now than we were in the last match up). The only thing that scares me is how the Seahawks will handle the undoubtedly hostile crowd. Heres to a great sunday. :bouncy::chicken:definitely the game of the week and a pretty even match up. i think its pretty important to come out firing, then establish the run in garbage time. it spells trouble for the seahawks getting off slow since the steelers havent allowed a 1st half td yet this year. i would think seattle would try to strike deep and erase that right away.

one positive for seattle is they have a kicker who easilly has the potential to kick the longest kick at heinz field. unlike kris brown, josh couldve made a career in pittsburgh just like jeff reed. i expect brown to have atleast 1 kick from 45+ yds. i just dont wanna see it as seconds tick off the clock. most other kickers i would expect to miss.

i figured every steeler game through week 4 would be a blowout. this is the week i thought it would be close and come down to the last drive.

and i expect the steelers crowd to be the loudest it has been in quite a while. i think the fans wanna let the seahawks know they werent robbed in the superbowl and got beat by the better team that day. the fans cant show it on the field but they can certainly affect what happens on it. the seahawks are gonna want to take the crowd out of it early. you will be able to hear a pin drop at the confluence, if the steelers allowed the seahawks to get away with a 80 yd td reception on the 1st series.

stillers4me
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome Seahawks fans! It should be a very good game.......I wish we had all of our starters facing you, but hopefully the Steelers will welcome you properly to Heinz Field!

Here's to a spirited and safe game. :cheers:

Bill Gates Jr.
10-06-2007, 02:08 PM
it spells trouble for the seahawks getting off slow since the steelers havent allowed a 1st half td yet this year. i would think seattle would try to strike deep and erase that right away.

Usually, Holmgren likes to script the first 20 or so plays of the game. And in years past we have been VERY successful on opening drives because of this... but for some reason so far this season it hasn't clicked. Hopefully we can turn it around this week.

tony hipchest
10-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Usually, Holmgren likes to script the first 20 or so plays of the game. And in years past we have been VERY successful on opening drives because of this... but for some reason so far this season it hasn't clicked. Hopefully we can turn it around this week.yeah, i thought i remembered holmgren always scripts the 1st 15 or so. (i think all bill walsh deciples do) i dont think the steelers have been known to do that.

thats why im expecting a very aggressive offense with just a little alexander in those 1st 20 plays. i expect their goal is to score 2 td's fairly quickly and take the crowd out of the game. then blitz the hell out of ben and make him beat them through the air under a ton of pressure. a gamble to play so aggressively? yes. playing the best odds? probably.

i expect a deep sideline shot or deep post pattern in the 1st 3 plays for the seahawks. the 1st 20 plays may be a good time for the steelers to employ some cover 2 (especially with troy ailing)

i gotta admit, this game is bringing back good memories of the week leading up to being in the superbowl.

Edman
10-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Frankly, I'm quite nervous for this game. The Steelers are banged up. Our D just isn't the same without Casey and Troy. I hope Hoke can do the job.

Ward out really hurts the offense. Unless Nate reinstills my confidence in him, but I doubt it. I have no faith in Wilson.

But one thing I'll pay attention to is the playcalling and the O-Line. I'm quite sure the Seahawks will stack the box and make Ben beat them. Will Arians play into their hands(run- run- pass) or try to mix it up? The O-Line has to step up after last weeks performance especially. The Seahawks front 7 is no joke.

NateC
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Ben is Quite Capable.

Question is if he'll Pick em Apart ... or not.....

Canadian Hawk Fan
10-07-2007, 12:55 AM
WOW! I started this thread and haven't been back until today. Didn't think it would be at the top of the first page.

Sounds like a little bit of fear in some of your guys' minds. I'd be worried too if I were you, sounds like the injuries are piling up over there. What's the latest story on your big guys, e.g. Polu, Hampton, and Ward?

I also have a defense question. How will your CB's cover our receivers? Tampa rolled theirs up and it totally took Branch out of the game, Matt ended up throwing to TE' s and backs all day.

NateC
10-07-2007, 02:20 AM
WEEE WHOOOOO> ITS BEEN A LONG WEEK.

PRAISE GOD FOR FOOTBALL. AND PRAISE GOD FOR PITTSBURGH.

LETS SHOW EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF... CHEERING IS GONNA BE THAT MUCH MORE BEAUTIFULL AFTER A LOSS.:tt02::cheer::tt02::cheer::tt02::tt02::cheer: :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::helmet::h elmet::helmet::helmet:

Elvis
10-07-2007, 05:31 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/20_3_72.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_332.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS)
Here we go Steelers...
Here We Go!!
The Steelers will cover your WR's by letting them run short routes and catching the ball and then hopefuly they will come up and make the tackles for short gains. That is usually the way our corners work. Our secondary hasnt been that strong this season either, and now we will be without Troy and NT Hampton and Hines Ward. But we will show up and make a game of it... Beware of Fast Willie!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7923)

Canadian Hawk Fan
10-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, THAT sucked.

I give full props to the Steeler coaching staff for confusing the heck out of Matt. Not sure how you did it, but the coverage was unreal and even though Matt had all day to throw he had nowhere to go. I thought we had decent run blocking at the start but Holmgren went away from that pretty quick.

Big Ben was unreal. WAY too big, we shoulda had six sacks, but our guys were falling off him like water. We held your running game down for a while, but since we couldn't move the ball the D became tired pretty quick.

Best of luck the rest of the year. Unlike some Seattle fans (some, not that many) I don't have any issues with the Steelers.

Hoping for a superbowl rematch...

ExtonSteelFan
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, that was a GREAT game! Major props to the defense and to Big Ben for stepping up. The receivers stepped up big time as well, so props to them too! This game showed alot about our character and how guys are willing to pull through when a player goes down. Now time for the bye, get healthy, and get ready for Denver!

starbucksmommy
10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Just wanted to stop by today and say good game. You guys really stepped up and played awesome! Good luck the rest of the year. :cheer:

starbucksmommy
10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Best of luck the rest of the year. Unlike some Seattle fans (some, not that many) I don't have any issues with the Steelers.

Most Seattle fans don't have a problem with the Steelers, it was the refs and the media that we took issue with, and this game had nothing to do with that.

Good game guys!!

OneForTheToe
10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, THAT sucked.

I give full props to the Steeler coaching staff for confusing the heck out of Matt. Not sure how you did it, but the coverage was unreal and even though Matt had all day to throw he had nowhere to go. I thought we had decent run blocking at the start but Holmgren went away from that pretty quick.

Big Ben was unreal. WAY too big, we shoulda had six sacks, but our guys were falling off him like water. We held your running game down for a while, but since we couldn't move the ball the D became tired pretty quick.

Thanks Canadian Hawk Fan and the other Hawk's fans who posted congradulations here. Canadian Hawk Fan, that's a pretty good assessment of the game. I'll be rooting for you guys when you play the ratbirds, and if you make the playoffs and get the Cowboys again.

83-Steelers-43
10-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Yeah, and not having Ward, Holmes, Hampton and Polamalu tickles. Sure it's not Mike Holmgren Jr.?

Preacher
10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey...

Hawk fan and Starbuckmommy....

Thanks for the class.

Hope you all have a good season the rest of the way. God bless.

BTW

Ben DID win that SB for us... He did it by making a couple GREAT plays on his feet. Those plays don't get counted in the QB rating. But it was plays that any of our previous QB's would probably have messed up.

MJ5150
10-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I live near Seattle, and I have to admit that the class I have seen from the Seahawk fans in this thread is pretty common among Seattle people and Seahawk fans. You have your ignorant jerk-off fans sure, but so does Pittburgh.

I'd like to say "good game", but it really wasn't. We smoked you guys pretty good this time.

-Mike

NV STEELERS 723
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Some nice posts by Seattle fan...good people... I have to say my father in-law is a Seahawk fan, and I bet him a beer at the local watering hole next time we're visiting him in Montana...

We pitched a shoutout!...very good game by our D !

SteelerFanInCA
10-08-2007, 01:00 PM
That dumb ass SteelermaniacXLII is mighty quite now. Nice offense there buddy. So much for your theory on Alexander putting up 100 yards. :tt02:

BurghZ0n3
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
No more shutout from our side....:dang: the next 7 games would put us to 11-1, presumably??? Holmgren looked a bit like Holmred at the end of the game.... GO STEEL CURTAIN :banging::banging::banging: