PDA

View Full Version : This is why losses suck more than they should...

Edman
10-01-2007, 06:39 AM
The stupidity and knee-jerk negativity of Chicken Little Steelers fans. It happens after every single loss. Losses are depressing, but these guys make it worse.

"This is not a good team"
"This team sucks"
"Fire Tomlin"
"Our season is over"
"The Sky is falling"

Just venting.

HometownGal
10-01-2007, 06:44 AM
The stupidity and knee-jerk negativity of Chicken Little Steelers fans. It happens after every single loss. Losses are depressing, but these guys make it worse.

"This team sucks"
"Fire Tomlin"
"Our season is over"
"The Sky is falling"

Just venting.

I hear you on that, Edman. Last night around here was ridiculous with the gloom and doom. I think some underestimated the Cards. They were fired up and wanted to not only win that game against the undefeated Steelers in their own back yard, but for their new HC. I'm over it already - time to focus on the Waaaahawks game this Sunday.

Justin Otstott
10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
anybody who is pissed off to the point they go and say the Steelers suck is not a fan!!! But ah yea imover it and had a feeling we would lose anyways for some odd reason...not mad, they beat us fair and we almost came back anyways!!! Plus Ben had 2 more TDS yesterday!!! :)

SCSTILLER
10-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I too had a feeling this would be a loss for us. When the thread about pick the win-loss record against the record was out there, I picked this one as a loss. But as for the we suck, fire coach, season is over comments, that is just stupidity. It is one freaking game, that's it. We are tops in the division, the other three don't look that good. And the Cards were a good team Sunday. We will be fine!

BurghZ0n3
10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Ya, every loss is hard to swallow, no doubt....but it's only 1 game! Let's see who's going to the playoff, beside Indy & NE. I just hope Tomlin got new schemes, like NO HUDDLE Packages, that would be nice, considering the opponent's TOs would be wasted & confusion on their side. Keep movin' on & stay focus...GO B&G :helmet: :banging::banging::banging:

onthebus36
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
To me, the reason this loss sucks more than it should was the missed opportunities. When you play a good game and get beat, that's easier to take. I felt like this was a game we should have won. However, it was a tough road game against coaches who may have had our number. Anyway, that was yesterday...

I can't wait to see them spring back against the Seahawks. I think they are going to be fired up at home and lay some lumber! I think they are going to come out focused and prepared.

My concern right now are the defensive injuries. Has their been any news yet on how bad those guys are hurt?

Counselor
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM

"This team sucks"
"Fire Tomlin"
"Our season is over"
"The Sky is falling"

Just venting.

You are so right. Chicken Little is the perfect name for them. This is one of 16, yes we should have won, but we were going up against two coaches that knew our players backward and forward. I give credit where credit is due. The cardinals played great, and we were still in it to the end. If not for the penalty situation I think we would have pulled it out (one of which lead to the punt return TD).

The sky is definately not falling.

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
One game and some people are ready to throw this team under a truck! How incredibly stupid!

First of all, Arizona played a great game. Whiz had his guys prepared...you have to give him credit for that. Plus, we made some dumb mistakes-too many penalties, like bonehead Taylor's unsportsmanlike conduct call. Dag, Ike! Just go back to the huddle and STHU! I'm sure he made "The News" for that!

But we will see the mettle this team has to re-adjust and move on from this and prepare for the Seahags on Sunday.

steelwolf21
10-01-2007, 08:59 AM
The only thing I'm worried about following that ishow badly they were able to shut Parker down. I'm hoping game tapes won't give future opponents the blue-print on how to stop fast willie ( well that and the large number of injuries as well)

memphissteelergirl
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
The only thing I'm worried about following that ishow badly they were able to shut Parker down. I'm hoping game tapes won't give future opponents the blue-print on how to stop fast willie ( well that and the large number of injuries as well)

Sometimes I think we rely on WP a bit too much. I think the coaches should share the wealth as far as our RB's. Maybe take Willie out on a couple of plays and use a set with Kreider and/or Davenport in the backfield.

All of the backs we have have certain strengths. I say use 'em. Just sayin...

steel#1
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I agree on using Davenport more. And no, I'm not downing WP, I just think that when
he is showing such little progress try Davenport. What's the harm. I'm not surprised
we got beat by Arizona, they had many more reason's to win than us. Whiz wanted
to beat the Steelers bad, this was like a play-off game to them. Besides that, how
much did it help them to have Grimm there able to tell them every offensive players
weaknesses. Let's face it Grimm worked with the o-line for years. who knows their
weaknesses better than him. They had way too much knowledge and motivation
to not win. Wouldn't you love to know what the Cardinals players were promised
by the coach if they beat the Steelers?(haha)

SteelerFanInCA
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I was at the game yesterday and the Cards were clearly the better team for the day. I wouldn't even say they were better but they seemed hungrier than the Steelers.

Props to their D. Here's the teams first look at adversity. Let's see what they do with it. I'm thinking they boucne back from it. We still have a lot of talent on the team.

Go Steelers :tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlastFurnace
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Whether we saw it yesterday or not, there is a trend in the NFL:

As bad as Norv Turner is as a HC, he always had the Cowboys number when he coached against them.

Gruden knew the Raiders so well that they didn't have a chance against the Bucs.

Mangini has gotten the best of Belllichek.

Sean Peyton's Saints destroyed the Cowboys last year in Dallas partly because he knew the Cowboys so well.

Whiz and Grimm got us yesterday, but we also helped them in some cases.

We will be fine.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-01-2007, 12:28 PM

"This team sucks"
"Fire Tomlin"
"Our season is over"
"The Sky is falling"

Just venting.

Agree....I love that after we lose people (steelers fans) start questioning if Ben is the right answer, itf Troy is over paid, if Tomlin is the right coach)..
Where were these questions the last 3 weeks......

BurghZ0n3
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
bandwagon fans still exist....it happened during O'DOnnell and others' era, too... remember??? Let it slide...we will strive to excellence! GO B&G :helmet::banging:

Counselor
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Whether we saw it yesterday or not, there is a trend in the NFL:

As bad as Norv Turner is as a HC, he always had the Cowboys number when he coached against them.

Gruden knew the Raiders so well that they didn't have a chance against the Bucs.

Mangini has gotten the best of Belllichek.

Sean Peyton's Saints destroyed the Cowboys last year in Dallas partly because he knew the Cowboys so well.

Whiz and Grimm got us yesterday, but we also helped them in some cases.

We will be fine.

You're right---I a was actually thinking of the Cowboys/Romo implosion last year when they played the Saints. Maybe we'll get an advantage someday when we play the Bucs or the Vikings:)

People need to just calm down and take a valium. Whoever thought this game was a shoe-in, didn't do their homework.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
3-1 is better than 1-3, that's for sure. As for "fire Tomlin" or "The Steelers Su..." heck I can't even type the rest of that out...no way to either of those statements...what did suck was the play of highly talented athletes who didn't seem to be ready. That sucked. Ike, if he gets another 15 yard penalty (that isn't a pass interference) this season he needs to ride the pine for a quarter...no excuse for that mess...Willie prefers running with a fullback, I think that may be in his head a little. Ben needs to be smarter with the ball...a few times he had me holding my breath, he even fumbled once when sacked, luckily, the Guy who we refuse to sign long term recovered it. Overall, I give the team a C. Its like having an A Student who didn't study for a big test and just got by with a passing grade. You know they can do better and expect the best every time out.

Oh well, rebound, study hard, and move on.

FourThreeMafia
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
This thread is 100% correct, and the reason I dont post much on boards with only or mostly Steelers fans.

Aside from this, Ive been part of 3 Steeler boards, and most of them are either blind homers or hardcore pessimists. I was laughing at some Steeler fans the other day that were talking about how we were going to roll into Arizona and crush the Cardinals. The Steeler fanbase has so many annoying homers its almost unbearable to talk to some of them.

Then, the pessimists, like the ones who wanted Cowher fired after the 2003 season, are really annoying as well. If the team doesnt go 19-0, they are mad and come up with BS reasons as to why the team is losing and want to replace any player that has a remotely bad game.

This is probably the best Steelers board Ive come accross. Most the Steeler fans on here are pretty intellegent and not mind numblingly stupid and annoying.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
The problem with a loss like this is that the Team didn't play its best game, that's the worst part. Its one thing if you go in and another team just steamrolls you, like last year, the Ravens...ouch...that hurt but not as bad as this game...this was a game we could have won and should have done better in, that's what hurts...

but, you can't go 19-0, that's impossible, and think about the stress, if you do go 16-0 and then go into the playoffs, the drama surrounding that playoff run would be disgusting...I thought about that last night as I was chopping firewood to work off my Steelers loss frustration...I think the Wife roots agains the Steelers late in September to be sure we have enough wood for the fire place all winter...

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
To me, the reason this loss sucks more than it should was the missed opportunities. When you play a good game and get beat, that's easier to take. I felt like this was a game we should have won. However, it was a tough road game against coaches who may have had our number. Anyway, that was yesterday...

I can't wait to see them spring back against the Seahawks. I think they are going to be fired up at home and lay some lumber! I think they are going to come out focused and prepared.

My concern right now are the defensive injuries. Has their been any news yet on how bad those guys are hurt?

Totally agree.

steelpride12
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM

"This team sucks"
"Fire Tomlin"
"Our season is over"
"The Sky is falling"

Just venting.

Trust me i get you. Im 16 years old and everyone knows in my school im a hardcore steeler fan and everytime they lose i take crap everyday bout how they suck and then there are those bandwagon kids that like the steelers for a winning season but hate them if they lose. Im prob. the only kid or mabey 2nd in my school that is a die hard fan and backs them up and will always love them no matter what and i live ten min. outside Pittsburgh.