PDA

View Full Version : What to Do - Root For Pats or Bengals?

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
What is your opinion on who to root for tonight?

Rooting for the Pats is like cheering for Hitler's Wehrmacht but getting the Bengals to 1-3 definitely helps in the division standings.

Hate to say it, but a Bengals loss is the better outcome tonight for Steelers fans.

Hines0wnz
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I only cheer for Brady (his stats) since he is my fantasy QB. So if he could throw 3 or 4 TDs for 400 yards and no picks but get his arm or leg broken on the final drive then that would be a dream game for me. :wink02:

fansince'76
10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Can I root for both teams to beat the crap out of each other in a scoreless tie? :chuckle:

CantStop85
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I only cheer for Brady (his stats) since he is my fantasy QB. So if he could throw 3 or 4 TDs for 400 yards and no picks but get his arm or leg broken on the final drive then that would be a dream game for me. :wink02:

But that would screw you over for the rest of the season.

HometownGal
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM

I have IBoinkedMarvin'sMama in the game tonight in a couple of my FFs, as well as Madieu Williams in 3 of my IDP leagues, so I hope I get a TD or two out of that nappy headed freakshow and Williams has a good game defensively. I hope the end result is a tie, but since that probably won't happen, I have to hope the *gag* *heave* *barf* Cheatsies finish the game on top. :puke:

Counselor
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry guys, you gotta root for hitler---oops I mean the Pats----at this point you have to root for anyone playing a divisional opponent.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Pats all the way.......The Bengals are in the AFC North....Now if the Steelers would have won yesterday then I could see why to root for the Bengals even though that would cause me to have a sick feeling in my stomach...Actually so does rooting for the Pats.....Actually I'm hoping for somebody to fire bomb Paul Brown Stadium tonight wiping both teams out....lol

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Need you ask..............

As much as I hate to cheer for the Pats and Marcia Brady, this one falls under the category of:

My favorite team is the Steelers........and anybody playing the Bengals.

Patsies by default.

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a different view. Since the Bengals always decide that they don't need to show up for 3-4 weeks after a big win, I'm going to (and I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about typing what I'm about to type) get behind the NFL's criminal element for tonights game. NO, not the cheating criminal element, the real street criminal element. The Pats seem to have a thing for scoring 38 points, and I expect they'll score about that tonight, but the Bengals are at home, it's Monday Night Football, they were embarrassed badly by the Browns last week, and they do still have a lot of playmakers on offense. I'm pulling for a Bengal win tonight, and then for them to pridefully neglect playing real football for the next few weeks losing successive games to the horrible Chiefs, the awful Jets, and then getting blown out by the Steelers. That'll make them 2-5 and virtually out of the playoffs by week 7.

The Duke
10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Can I root for both teams to beat the crap out of each other in a scoreless tie? :chuckle:

I'm hoping for this

I just want Brady to help me in my fantasy league :banana:

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a different view. Since the Bengals always decide that they don't need to show up for 3-4 weeks after a big win, I'm going to (and I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about typing what I'm about to type) get behind the NFL's criminal element for tonights game. NO, not the cheating criminal element, the real street criminal element.

You definitely are on the same page as Michael Wilbon's take today on the Bengals:sofunny:

I think the Bengals have a shot in these kinds of HUGE GAMES because they play to the moment. They're not the brightest bunch and if they win tonight they're likely to go out and drop three of four because their concentration wavers and they're not great with detail and consistency. But they like a big fight. They like the Monday Night lights and the stage. No way I pick against the Patriots, but I can see an upset, yes. It wouldn't shock me. I don't think, by the way, the Pats are going 19-0...Their schedule is too hard, starting tonight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/09/27/DI2007092700856.html

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
The big question becomes: Can the Bengals play any kind of defense beyond what the Pats might see from an above average College team? A few stops and maybe a mistake or two by the Pats, and the Bengals have a shot. Chad needs to play as big as his mouth, and that alone is nearly impossible.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
As much as it pains me, I'll be cheering for The Patsy's

NV STEELERS 723
10-01-2007, 08:17 PM
:dollar::dollar::dollar:I hate the pats, but money is pretty good, so I have a straight bet on them tonight laying 7.5 pts...any other time I'm rooting against them!

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm calling my shot here. Pats are overwhelming favorites, the criminals are in disarray defensively, and it's all but predetermined that the Pats win by 28.

Cincy wins tonight. You heard it here first. The Pats suffer their first loss tonight in Bungaltown.

(Eh, what's the worst that can happen? I'm wrong? So what! It'll be great if I'm right)

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm calling my shot here. Pats are overwhelming favorites, the criminals are in disarray defensively, and it's all but predetermined that the Pats win by 28.

Cincy wins tonight. You heard it here first. The Pats suffer their first loss tonight in Bungaltown.

(Eh, what's the worst that can happen? I'm wrong? So what! It'll be great if I'm right)

daring.

unless its a simple, fluke, act of God, miracle like the browns dismantling of the ravens, i see the patriots winning big time by the 4th. and i doubt they will pull any starters. its become a strange form of fun redemption for them to run up the score on opponents.

bunglethugs could be pissed that hitman goodell gave the patriots 4 extra days to study the tapes of their retard d. cood breshneshan scratching his balls on the sideline, and decide to come out and take matters into their own hand (no pun intended).

should be interesting

Preacher
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Gotta route for the Pats puke puke

The AFCN is going to be tight.

If we won yesterday, I would indulge and route for the Bengals...

But we need as much space in the AFCN as possible.

SteelerFan091472
10-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Since both teams can't lose. I've got to be for the Patriots.

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
3-0

if we know anything, it is the bungles will lose by ATLEAST 3.

:cheer: if panocho stinko has a chance to celebrate a meaningless td, im sure all will be forgiven....

especially by his HC

Preacher
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
You know...

Up till a few years ago, I really kinda liked the patriots. It wasn't until the attitude of the coach became apparent that I really started to dislike them.

Telling the Steeler medics to "Get the F### away" from a hurt Patriot... at Heinz field, when he was hurt next to the Steeler sideline was a great class act.

When Belicheat leaves the team, I will probably go back to enjoying watching them play... unless they play the Steelers.

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Really, it's time for someone to stop all this. Look at Belichick. He cuts the sleeves off his shirt for one reason only: To spite the NFL's rule about what a coach can wear. Nevermind that Nolan and Del Rio are allowed to wear suits by asking through proper channels.

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
dhani jones on mike vrabel.

:toofunny:

way to plan and think ahead bungles! :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
What's better for the team is all I care about.

I really don't care about some stiff and his cheating ways (cheating the game and his own wife), nor do I care about the 2001 newly formed bandwagon fanbase that follows. What can you do? Belicheat's reputation is tarnished as far as I'm concerned and so are the Patriots Super Bowl 'wins'. But what can you do? It will be known in generations to come.

I want what's good for this team. I want a Patriot win. I'll take a divisional boost. Win the division first and then worry about the side shows and other B.S.

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Bengals get a turnover and convert. And I think a Bengal win is good for this Steelers team. It will force the Steelers to take notice. It will show the Steelers that the Pat's are beatable. It will shut the press up for a week.

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
lmao. tom brady threw a pic to the freaking bengals.

d. anderson > t. brady

bradys 2nd interception of the year :toofunny:

:cheer: OMFG what a, like, reatrd! :cheer:

*awaits to see if litp notices the obviously misspelled word "retard"*

:chuckle:

seriously though, brady mustve been day dreaming about changing J.E.T.'s diaper on that one....

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Hadn't the Browns already scored like 24 points by this point against the Bengals?

SteelersMongol
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Can't root for the cameramen, nor the Bungholes.

Godfather
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Felons vs. belicheat??

One word: Meteor.

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Hadn't the Browns already scored like 24 points by this point against the Bengals?
its the bungles. theres still time for palmer to throw a pick 6 :sofunny:

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
What's better for the team is all I care about.

I really don't care about some stiff and his cheating ways (cheating the game and his own wife), nor do I care about the 2001 newly formed bandwagon fanbase that follows. What can you do? Belicheat's reputation is tarnished as far as I'm concerned and so are the Patriots Super Bowl 'wins'. But what can you do? It will be known in generations to come.

I want what's good for this team. I want a Patriot win. I'll take a divisional boost. Win the division first and then worry about the side shows and other B.S.

Yep.

I care first and foremost about my Steelers (see original post).

If we won the game yesterday, then I would be rooting for the Bengals.. as i would be more worried about home-field advantage. But that one loss, this early in the year, with the teams we have to play against... yeah, I now want the Bengal loss.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
its the bungles. theres still time for palmer to throw a pick 6 :sofunny:

Well... you got half your wish!!

Interception... Just couldn't go in for six.

Notice Chad Yelling and screaming already!

HometownGal
10-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Wonder if that cue ball with the gold plated teef is gonna take a swing at Cartoon in the lockeroom? They were jawing at each other pretty good right before the half. :toofunny::toofunny:

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Wonder if that cue ball with the gold plated teef is gonna take a swing at Cartoon in the lockeroom? They were jawing at each other pretty good right before the half. :toofunny::toofunny:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/bilde.jpg

fansince'76
10-01-2007, 10:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/bilde.jpg

One big, happy, dysfunctional family there. :toofunny:

The Duke
10-01-2007, 10:10 PM

yeah, very classless by him. I don't think we'll ever see hines doing something like that, or even santonio. that's the difference between a winning team and a stats team.

rbryan
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Move over Randy. Theres room for Chad in NE. right?? Seeing as he's all chummy with Billy boy.

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah, very classless by him. I don't think we'll ever see hines doing something like that, or even santonio. that's the difference between a winning team and a stats team.

That's the difference between class and no class.

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
At least Marvin has a weapon to use in the locker room this year......:crutches:

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Hey now, wait a minute! Wait just a minute!!! I have a video clip here proving that Chad is a gentle, nice, classy person. On top of that........ON TOP OF THAT!!!! I have proof that he is in fact a team player......

TewLCdI2MOU

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Get your eyes checked...

That was Carson!!

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
brady (with a helmet on) accidentally gets slapped.

bungle defender draws a flag.

lmao. no wonder people/sheep love these teams.

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Get your eyes checked...

That was Carson!!

Ahh see!!! You were tricked! That was Chad before he decided to do a Michael Jackson and back to Chad Johnson again. I have the inside scoop. Trust me.

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Wait a minute........I confused myself on that one? Damn.

The Bengals Suck? Does that make up for it? It works in the 1492 thread.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Ahh see!!! You were tricked! That was Chad before he decided to do a Michael Jackson and back to Chad Johnson again. I have the inside scoop. Trust me.

So what your saying is.....

Michael Jackson isn't the only poor black boy to grow up to be a rich white woman?

skinart82
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm having a hard time with this one to, but it would be nice for the underdogs to win this JUST to shut everybody the hell up about how good the patsies are. And did anybody see that SHOT to the head that brady pleaded for a flag for!!!!! Pathetic.....just PATHETIC!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM

So what your saying is.....

Michael Jackson isn't the only poor black boy to grow up to be a rich white woman?

Hey, look at Oprah!

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I can root for the underdogs.....unless it's the Bengals.

Only total humiliation will do.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey, look at Oprah!

Oprah's rich?

:hunch:

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Interesting...

The chop block was called.... Properly.

But there was no call on the arm-bar against the TE beyond the 5 yard contact zone.

Hmmmmmmmm

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Oprah's rich?

:hunch:

The woman actually purchased a human beings mind and soul.....

http://www.nursingadvocacy.org/images/dr_phil.gif The leash was free of charge.

:smile:

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
The woman actually purchased a human beings mind and soul.....

http://www.nursingadvocacy.org/images/dr_phil.gif The leash was free of charge.

:smile:

Oh My...

That is horrible!!!

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Enough about Oprah.

Let's get back to Carson Palmer......

http://www.eulaliasantos.com/webces.jpg

klick81
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Bruschi's a bad ass mofo.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Enough about Oprah.

Let's get back to Carson Palmer......

http://www.eulaliasantos.com/webces.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKK

:puke:

83-Steelers-43
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Bruschi's a bad ass mofo.

http://www.asahq.org/Newsletters/medPics/images/syringe.jpg

I'm sorry, what were you saying? :wink02:

klick81
10-01-2007, 10:48 PM
HAHAHA...i'm not necessarily at my most sober moment, so i'll say it again. Bruschi' a badddddd mother...

Did you see him cross that line IN THE AIR!!!

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Bill belichick

Superbowl champion 2001, 2003, 2004

great production there espn :thumbsup:

the "worldwide leader in sports"

(explains alot)

skinart82
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM
So I guess the patsies are payin the refs off to, no late hit flag, but a false start flag? Don't get me wrong I HATE the bungles, but how can anyone beat a team that cheats!

tony hipchest
10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
lol. the bungles let the patriots sylvester (sanjay, sammy, whatever) morris hang 100 on them.

and another "great, playoff contender" bites the dust.

lather, rinse, repeat.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Man...

What HORRIBLE tackling.

stillers4me
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
The Bengals just got bitch slapped.

sniff sniff.......what's that smell...............?

the basement smells like Bengal piss again.

Preacher
10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
The AFCN sure does feel right again.

WHO DEY?

WHO DEY FALLING INTO THE BASEMENT?

Livinginthe past
10-02-2007, 05:02 AM
Ah.

Another masterful demonstration by the Patriots - but the Bengals were handicapped by the loss of so many LBers its hard not to feel a little sorry for them.

Its should be remember that this 4-0 start was achieved without the likes of Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison - its comforting to know that my team won't fold the minute a couple of starters fail to take the field - and all this without the starting RB too.

Next stop : Cleveland.

For those who wanted the Patriots to win (whatever the reason) congratulations - you backed a winner (50% on the weekend isn;t bad)

And for those who didn't - I admire your optimism.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-02-2007, 05:02 AM
The Bengals just got bitch slapped.

sniff sniff.......what's that smell...............?

the basement smells like Bengal piss again.

*sniff*....*sniff*....I miss Pissmystripes....:shake01:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Ah.

Another masterful demonstration by the Patriots - but the Bengals were handicapped by the loss of so many LBers its hard not to feel a little sorry for them.

Its should be remember that this 4-0 start was achieved without the likes of Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison - its comforting to know that my team won't fold the minute a couple of starters fail to take the field - and all this without the starting RB too.

Next stop : Cleveland.

Hey...keep beating the crap outa our rivals...wont get any complaints from me. A bengal loss is almost as sweet as a Steeler Win....Just gotta wonder how the Browns ran up 51 points and the Pats could only get 34?

Livinginthe past
10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Hey...keep beating the crap outa our rivals...wont get any complaints from me. A bengal loss is almost as sweet as a Steeler Win....Just gotta wonder how the Browns ran up 51 points and the Pats could only get 34?

My guess is that the Patriots were happy to control the TOP and field position - its not like the game ever turned into the type of shootout that the Browns/Bengals game did.

TroysBadDawg
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM

The Browns ate thier Wheaties that morning, followed by eggs, orange juice and a glass of milk. a real healthy breakfast.

The bungles ate pigeon or squib. It is now, on every menu down there, they have to find a way to get rid of them. Didn't you know that?

The Browns have NE next week, so pray for the Browns. The players and fans will need all the prayers we can get. God help us. How do you beat cheaters when you have a clueless coach? Oh wait he coached under the head cheater, maybe he brought some of his old secrets with him to Cleveland? IF he could only find them.

fansince'76
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM

Yup, a 4-0 start achieved against teams that stand a combined 4-12 at this point. (golf clap) Bully for you. Or are you gonna attempt to lay the line of bull on us how the Jets are a playoff contender and how the Chargers are one of the AFC's "elite" teams again? :yawn:

NV STEELERS 723
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Like I said...money is money...just doubled mine, but its too bad they didn't brake Brady's leg in the 4th quarter, after they were already safely covering the spread for me....maybe next week!

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Pats are unquestionably the best team in football at the moment, although the Colts as defending champs might have something to say about that when they meet in early November.

The talk of going undefeated will get serious if the Pats win at Dallas and at Indy to be 9-0 going into their bye week.

As for the Bengals, their schedule now lightens up and they have a bye week to try to get healthy as the Steelers road gets tougher.

Livinginthe past
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Yup, a 4-0 start achieved against teams that stand a combined 4-12 at this point. (golf clap) Bully for you. Or are you gonna attempt to lay the line of bull on us how the Jets are a playoff contender and how the Chargers are one of the AFC's "elite" teams again? :yawn:

With all due respect you can't do any better than 4-0 - and its only the 3rd time in history that a team has won all their first 4 games by more than 20 points.

To be brutally honest, I don't care how our vanquished opponents perform after we get done beating them.

fansince'76
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
To be brutally honest, I don't care how our vanquished opponents perform after we get done beating them.

Ok, I think the criticism of the Chargers is overly harsh.

You certainly seemed to care enough about the Chargers' status as an "elite" team after yours took them to the woodshed. Or was that just the kind, compassionate side coming out? :rolleyes: