PDA

View Full Version : Ward's status for Seattle?

Virginia Steeler
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
anyone know if Hines will be ready?

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I believe we hear the injury guesstimates at Tomlin's Tuesday presser

At least there are no stories this afternoon about Troy & Casey getting MRIs.

I think Hines plays after a loss and Washington not being ready for prime time.

Virginia Steeler
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM
it is frustrating that the Steelers don't have a third WR who can step up and make big plays ..... I think they need to put Heath out there in the slot, he runs the right route and can actually catch.

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
The biggest problem is not many teams do have a 3rd reciever. Most only have 2 main guys...maybe a couple teams, Colts, Pats, have that 3rd go to guy, but Wilson proved one thing...he isn't the 3rd guy. He can never question how he moved to 3rd on the depth chart again after becoming a ghost this Sunday.

revefsreleets
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Wilson and Ben just aren't on the same page. That was evident by the clear underthrow by Ben where Wilson kept running. That's a pretty standard play in all NFL playbooks, and he blew it. Bad. Toss in Nate slowing a bit during the route on his near-miss bomb, by either laziness or some other deficiency in his game, and there are two big whiffs by our 2nd and 3rd WR's in a game where our QB was not playing his best. I sincerely believe that, had Washington ran hard the whole route, the ball would have hit him right in the hands and he'd would have scored. Of course, that's if he would have caught the ball that landed right in his hands.

rog
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
John Clayton never mentioned Troy or Casey on Sportcenter tonight in the injury report he did so I'm going to take that as good news for now.

steelers06
10-02-2007, 03:43 PM
not lookin good for ward, go to kdka.com for more info in the videos sec

tony hipchest
10-02-2007, 04:36 PM
today on sirius, right after his presser, tomlin said ward was 50-50 at this point.

jjpro11
10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
shit.. i bet they sit him so he has the bye week to heal also.

alittlejazzbird
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Here's the latest:

Steelers' Ward to get MRI to weigh Sunday start
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers receiver Hines Ward, encouraged with the progress his sprained right knee has made, was scheduled to have another MRI today to help him determine whether to play on Sunday.

Ward missed only his fourth game in a 10-year career last Sunday in Arizona.

"I'm going to get another MRI and see where I'm at,'' Ward said at lunchtime. "It feels good. I've never been a guy to give percentages. I'm not 100 percent, I know that. I'm close.

"I think our policy is if I can go out and practice Friday, we'll go from there. So it's still day to day. So far, so good. I'm way ahead of schedule."

Ward had just finished a hard 30 minutes on a Stairmaster.

"I'm very positive of my rehab and where it's going,'' he said.

The Steelers have the sixth weekend of the NFL season off after they play the Seattle Seahawks in Heinz Field Sunday. Then, after a game in Denver, they play their three division opponents on consecutive weekends.

Ward wants to make sure he's healthy for those, another reason for a second MRI in two weeks.

"Just to be precautious," he explains. "If I'm going to try to make it this week, I want to make sure that there's nothing going on inside there. That way I can be safe at mind and being on the field and knowing I can make cuts and stuff."

Coach Mike Tomlin labeled Ward's status "day to day."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07276/822560-66.stm