PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's Gutsy 4th and inches call

Counselor
10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
OK, instead of moaning about one game and calling for everyone's head I'm focusing on some good things:

Anyone else impressed by Tomlin's gutsy call on the 4th and inches play on our own 30! I loved that!

Dino 6 Rings
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Very impressed, wasn't sure if it was his call or if Ben really forced the issue by rushing to the line. The QB sneak when you need under 1 yard is a good call 99% of the time. I liked it, and it showed faith and confidence in the team over all.

Too bad they didnt play up to the level they were capable of. 0 points of 2 turnovers is inexcusable.

slippy
10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
hated the call. i would never go for fourth and an inch on our side of the fifty unless you're down late in the game.

remember, pit is up 7-0. if that 1% happens and they don't make it, you hand az a field goal or tying td.

steelpride12
10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Loved it hahah at least he has balls.

slippy
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
love the balls, hate the timing.

lotas
10-02-2007, 02:05 PM
hated the call. i would never go for fourth and an inch on our side of the fifty unless you're down late in the game.

remember, pit is up 7-0. if that 1% happens and they don't make it, you hand az a field goal or tying td.

you'd think so

but arguing for that 1% assumes there's some "guarantee" that being in the red zone guarantees points....which is far from the truth

hell we saw that in sunday...thought we had 7 coming, and if not a for sure 3, and then ben gets picked in the endzone and its bye bye

I think we needed this loss...we were on route to the 15-1 season...the sort of ****y and highly recognized steelers...I like the superbowl champs...the underdog...the playing with passion, every game.

obviously, this will be tomlins first test of bouncing the team back from an unexpected loss...I cant wait for sunday. I goto school in Seattle so I'm surrounded by Seahawk fans...and let me tell you they are absolutely terrible. Ridiculously bandwagon, they are completely intolerant of any other team fan. I'm sure there's exceptions but even as my best friends go, i hate them as fans. lol