PDA

View Full Version : I didn't like the hugging lovefest before the game

BlastFurnace
10-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Competition is all about focus and having "the edge". As a fan, I liked Whiz and Grimm, but on Sunday, they were coaching with the other team. Sometimes, a big "hug n' howdy" time can mess with the focus of the team.

No, I don't think it had anything to do with how we lost the game, but to me, keep that kind of stuff for after the game.

It just seemed that the focused group that we saw playing the first 3 games was not nearly as focused on Sunday...which lead to 11 penalties, turnovers, etc.

If I'm beeing to nitpicky, then bust my chops...but...I would have preferred a more focussed pre-game than that.

onthebus36
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
No BF, I absolutely agree.

Joey Porter talks about this in the Super Bowl XL America's Game DVD. He agrees you can't be all friendly before a game. Remember when he refused to shakes hands with that Browns player before the game?

Gametime is the time for focus and a hard mental edge. I understand all those guys were friends and won a Super Bowl together but I totally agree that should have been saved for after the game.

Counselor
10-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Joey Porter talks about this in the Super Bowl XL America's Game DVD. He agrees you can't be all friendly before a game. Remember when he refused to shakes hands with that Browns player before the game?

Gametime is the time for focus and a hard mental edge. I understand all those guys were friends and won a Super Bowl together but I totally agree that should have been saved for after the game.

Agreed. It reminded me of Cowher slapping Michael Vick's butt last year. You don't say "nice job" another squad's starting QB during a game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Manlaw states that on the day of the game the opposition is "the enemy" until the final whistle is blown. There will be:
A) No pre-game smooching
B) No helping opposing players off the turf during games
C) No "letting up" or pulling up short even if you are way ahead.

Manlaw?

TackleMeBen
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Manlaw states that on the day of the game the opposition is "the enemy" until the final whistle is blown. There will be:
A) No pre-game smooching
B) No helping opposing players off the turf during games
C) No "letting up" or pulling up short even if you are way ahead.

Manlaw?

i will vote for that manlaw(but i am woman so i dont think it would count :wink02:)

NateC
10-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I can Live with most those points..

But Help a Fellew Man Off the Ground Cause he is a Human Being .... Enemy or not
Hit him with all you got... then help him to his feet if he got no teammates around.

jjpro11
10-02-2007, 11:48 PM

that was kellen winslow.. and that was great when porter rejected the idiot. i dont think he ever shaked his hand, even after the game. lol that was one of my favorite peezy moments.