PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Bryant sign him???

EmDoubleU
10-04-2007, 01:50 AM
With no consistency or production from Washington or Wilson, why not release these guys and pick up Antonio Bryant. He may have ego problems but sitting at home should be humbling enough.

Elvis
10-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Welcome to the forrums Em...
I think that instead of replacing Washington, maybe Ben needs to just
work with his recievers more and get their timing down a little
better. He just overthrew Washington on a couple of his
passes.
:tt02:

SCSTILLER
10-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Um, please no!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-04-2007, 07:11 AM
I think that these questions did not come up the first 3 weeks of the season and it makes me sick that they come up now just becasue we lost a game..........
Pathetic

Stillers43
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
I think that these questions did not come up the first 3 weeks of the season and it makes me sick that they come up now just becasue we lost a game..........
Pathetic

EXACTLY! If poor performance continues, then maybe, bring back Walter Young or Dallas Baker. Don't bring in some washed up disgruntled WR just because he is from PITT.

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the forums but with regard to your suggestion the Steelers sign Bryant-

Nooooooooo!!!!:jawdrop:

X-Terminator
10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
I'd rather keep Washington and Wilson, though at this point I'd dump Wilson for a tackling dummy - it'd probably do a better job of getting open.

There's a reason why Bryant is sitting at home. Million dollar talent, but a 5 cent brain.

Edman
10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I think the Steelers learned their lesson signing underachieving "ex-stars" from PITT. *Cough*Kevan Barlow*Cough*

I'm all for cutting Wilson, bringing up Reid as the new #4, and bringing in Young as #5.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
No. This guy has a ton of talent, but is not injured and is not on a roster. That's all I need to know. He's a troublemaker and would not fit in with this team...unless Silverback was assigned to keep him in line on a permanent basis.

revefsreleets
10-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Not interested at all.

rbryan
10-04-2007, 09:17 AM
But we could probably get him at the hometown discount lol

Theres a reason no one else wants him either. No Thanks

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Have the same opinion on him now, that I did in this thread...

(Page 3 get's better) http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5427&highlight=Antonio+Bryant&page=2

RoethlisBURGHer
10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Noooooo thank you. He'd do his best to tear the team apart. Last year, he was the most productive reciever for San Fransisco and they decided they didn't want him. That's all I need to know right there.

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
damn, ward missed 1 game, not the rest of the season. nobody will come in off the street and be an upgrade.

were fine.

SteelerFanInCA
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
We don't need that clown. We are fine with what we have.

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
While I'm open for different options to replace Washington or Wilson, Bryant is not the answer and he's nothing but trouble...on the field and off the field. If we could get him for free I still wouldn't want any part of him.

Just another athlete wasting his talent because he has problems keeping his head on straight.

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
While I'm open for different options to replace Washington or Wilson

that would have to happen via the draft after the season. look at all the receivers steelers or their fans would never have anything to do with:

moss
t.o.
keyshawn
javon walker
burress
chad johnson
even though we tried to sign tj houshmanzilla before wilson, the majority of the fans would rather suck than have him on the team now.

the good, big, fast, tall receivers are all primadonas with exception of maybe a. johnson, and the arizona guys.

we get what we pay for (or are willing to pay for) = wilson, washington, morgan etc.

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
that would have to happen via the draft after the season.

And I have a strong feeling that's what we are going to do in the early rounds. O-lineman, WR. While Tomlin has praised Washington in the past, I can't imagine Tomlin being very happy with Nate. He was asked about Nate during his Tuesday PC and his reply was quick, to the point and stern.

It's strange with Nate.....

One week it's "did you see that catch? Told you we should give him a chance and more time".

Next week it's "Did you see Nate give up on that route? Did you see him not catch that one pass from Ben?".

Week after that it's "Wow, what a catch. He's very athletic".

Which continues to prove my point/opinion of Nate ever since last season, the kid is not consistent.

atlsteelers
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
i would like to see reid get some more touches, he looked like has the ability to get people to miss (kinda like veron haynes had on 3rd downs) and he was stoked to get into the game. i would not be suprised to see him pass washington on the depth chart.

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 12:04 PM
i would like to see reid get some more touches, he looked like has the ability to get people to miss (kinda like veron haynes had on 3rd downs) and he was stoked to get into the game. i would not be suprised to see him pass washington on the depth chart.

Said this before (sorry for repeating myself), but Reid looked great in camp. Caught everything in site, held onto the ball after getting knocked silly by Anthony Smith on a few occasions.

See no reason why he can't pass Washington on the depth chart. If Nate continues to play the way he did this past Sunday, I see no reason why Reid shouldn't get a shot.

Infamix
10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately, someone's character does not change overnight. Bryant will still be who he was

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
And I have a strong feeling that's what we are going to do in the early rounds. O-lineman, WR. While Tomlin has praised Washington in the past, I can't imagine Tomlin being very happy with Nate. He was asked about Nate during his Tuesday PC and his reply was quick, to the point and stern.

It's strange with Nate.....

One week it's "did you see that catch? Told you we should give him a chance and more time".

Next week it's "Did you see Nate give up on that route? Did you see him not catch that one pass from Ben?".

Week after that it's "Wow, what a catch. He's very athletic".

Which continues to prove my point/opinion of Nate ever since last season, the kid is not consistent.i think it was bouchette in his chat who said receivers coming out of tiffin usually dont come into the nfl polished, but yeah the concern is there just as it is with willies fumbles.

interresting thing about the tomlin quote- "nate just needs to get his head around"

when you read it in print out of context it could seem like tomlin is apologizing for him or making excuses as if to say "he was so close if he wouldve just been looking".

you see the presser and thats the last thing tomlin was doing. he was pretty much giving an order and laying down the law. nate will be hanging by a hair if he dont take tomlin up on his "suggestion" and get his head around.

theres always reche caldwell. :chuckle:

Infamix
10-04-2007, 12:14 PM
i think it was bouchette in his chat who said receivers coming out of tiffin usually dont come into the nfl polished, but yeah the concern is there just as it is with willies fumbles.

interresting thing about the tomlin quote- "nate just needs to get his head around"

when you read it in print out of context it could seem like tomlin is apologizing for him or making excuses as if to say "he was so close if he wouldve just been looking".

you see the presser and thats the last thing tomlin was doing. he was pretty much giving an order and laying down the law. nate will be hanging by a hair if he dont take tomlin up on his "suggestion" and get his head around.

theres always reche caldwell. :chuckle:

you used the wrong smiley for caldwell, it should be :eyecrazy:

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM

:sofunny:

Yeah, when you see the PC live on TV, Tomlin is definately not making excuses for Nate. It was odd, out of all the questions asked at the PC (the o-line play, the penalties, etc), it was the question about Washington's mental errors that Tomlin showed some anger and disappointment. The tone of his reply alone made it very clear to me that Nate better get his s*it straight.

jjpro11
10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
i want to see reid get a shot. i always though he had the makings of a deadly slot receiver because of the match up problems he can create with linebackers.. similar to randle el. if we absolutely had to bring someone in though, why not quincy morgan? he was great for us on kick returns and made some plays receiving as well. im surprised nobody else has picked him up.

NateC
10-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Im not so sure of all that CHaracter issue Stuff... People are People. Good And Bad

Im not sure of this mans Past.. But if he's not a problem with the law. I would say Give him a Shot...

Lol @ New England Taking Randy Moss.. Awe he is a Cancer Blah blah blah..
We have 53 men on our squad working as one... we would not allow some new comer to Shake up our Locker room...

IF he has Talent to Play this game. IMO we should make moves to Utilize his Gifts In Pittsburgh..
He could Either shape up... Or ship him out... But i do think if some guy has talent He should be very seriously Considered.

AKA. REPLACE CEDRICK.. Its not like me to say that. But we have a history of leting recievers go... One more would not bother me. SPeacially if we could pick up something nice that is an UPGRADE.. RIGHT THIS MINUETE.

Stlrs4Life
10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I really don't want anybody from Pitt.

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Im not sure of this mans Past.. But if he's not a problem with the law.

But he is, once again.......

(Page 3, Post #'s 25 and 30): http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5427&highlight=Antonio+Bryant&page=3

They call them red flags for a reason. Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who went to PITT and who cheers for PITT. I would love nothing more than to see a hometown kid or a PITT kid make it on the Steelers, but not this one. He was a headcase at PITT and it appears he hasn't changed much since his PITT days.

No thanks.

NateC
10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Hmmm. Intresting stuff. I wish this guy all the best . i Hope he has seen error in his ways and truly can turn it around. Cause By God's will i truly believe he could change.
Im not saying sign him. But i would not be upset if this man Came and Took some meetings back in Pittsburgh. Let our FO see first hand what this kid has to say.

But yeah ... Does Not Seem like he is A Match For Our Squad. I dont ever want to have guys getting arrested/Suspended/Repremanded... I want Football Players Who love to Play.

Time will Tell with this guy. Who's gonna Judge him. Not me. But i would trust the FO to make a judgment as to whether this guy has made changes and could fit in well. There has Gotta be a Point where its Make Or break Time. AM i Gonna BE a Player in this league and make plays. Or am i gonna Sit seasons out... possibly in Jail. Maybe he Answered that Question in his mind and is Ready to be Dedicated to something other than himself

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
AKA. REPLACE CEDRICK.. Its not like me to say that. But we have a history of leting recievers go... One more would not bother me. SPeacially if we could pick up something nice that is an UPGRADE.. RIGHT THIS MINUETE.there is nothing out there right this minute that is an upgrade. not even over cedric. bryant couldnt replace cedric in san fransisco. why would it be any different in pittsburgh?

whats terrence mathis doing these days?

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
There has Gotta be a Point where its Make Or break Time.

I believe that came in San Francisco and we saw the results. If somebody else takes a gamble on him and he turns himself around (which I feel is very unlikely), I'll be more than happy to eat some crow.

figg
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I'd take anyone over Cedric Wilson! He sucks!

revefsreleets
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
That makes no sense. Imagine a guy who drops passes, runs the wrong routes AND THEN gets in trouble with the law and poisons the team chemistry with his selfishness.

Bryant is Chad Johnson minus the talent.

figg
10-04-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd be all for them dressing Willie Ried instead of Pathedric.

jjpro11
10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
But he is, once again.......

(Page 3, Post #'s 25 and 30): http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=5427&highlight=Antonio+Bryant&page=3

They call them red flags for a reason. Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who went to PITT and who cheers for PITT. I would love nothing more than to see a hometown kid or a PITT kid make it on the Steelers, but not this one. He was a headcase at PITT and it appears he hasn't changed much since his PITT days.

No thanks.

actually those guys are big time WVU fans.. he always talks about how he was away from the computer because he was watching the mountaineers.

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
actually those guys are big time WVU fans.. he always talks about how he was away from the computer because he was watching the mountaineers.

We should try and get Chris Henry and Pacman Jones while we are at it. :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Apparently you missed my point. Nevermind.

steelpride12
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
na i would rather get rid of wilson, bring reid in and work with Washington more.

.24lockdown
10-04-2007, 09:26 PM
yeah willie reid hasnt really got much of a chance yet. just a couple passes to him at the line of scrimmage

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
there is nothing out there right this minute that is an upgrade. not even over cedric. bryant couldnt replace cedric in san fransisco. why would it be any different in pittsburgh?

whats terrence mathis doing these days?

Mathis was on ESPN not to long ago for the Mike Vick town hall meeting or whatever that thing was on ESPN about the whole Vick dog fighting saga....But seeing that name made me laugh....What about Chris Doering?....:toofunny:

SEMP
10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I thought it was foolish when we let Qunicy Morgan go. He seemed to be a solid # 3 reciever with good return skills.

Galax Steeler
10-05-2007, 03:48 AM
I say give willie a shot he may not be as good of a return man was many thought but I think he would make an upgrade at reciever.

j-dawg
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Noooooo thank you. He'd do his best to tear the team apart. Last year, he was the most productive reciever for San Fransisco and they decided they didn't want him. That's all I need to know right there.

two years ago he was the most productive receiver for the browns and they let him go as well...

yinzer-inseattle
10-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I think this is the time where the bench receivers set up or ship out. My guess is that Ced and Nate will not do so in a manner that prevents us from taking a receiver (or 2) high in next year's draft.

Signing Bryant just because he's there makes no sense. I agree with others that there are reasons he's unemployed and none of them could be good.

We are not that desperate........................ yet.

figg
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah willie reid hasnt really got much of a chance yet. just a couple passes to him at the line of scrimmage

Youre telling me Ried cant produce 1 catch for 12 yards? :sofunny:

Oh wait he has already in one game lol 2 catches for 23. With Ward out this week I expect Ried to be more productive then Cedric.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 12:38 PM
there is nothing out there right this minute that is an upgrade. not even over cedric. bryant couldnt replace cedric in san fransisco. why would it be any different in pittsburgh?

I wouldn't mind picking up Brandon Lloyd as a third reciever...With a good QB he could thrive. Loved him at Illinois and he showed flashes at SF.

EmDoubleU
10-06-2007, 03:34 AM
Well. It a definite no. The forum doesn't want Antonio Bryant. I just hope that Tomlin is quicker to make a switch than Cowher was. I think Reid is a solid 3 receiver and hope he gets the chance. Or they should just move miller around more like Washington does with Cooley.