PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Steelers...

Edman
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
To show the heart and resiliancy they lacked last year and Tomlin's ability to respond after a loss. They're 3-1, but they have to be the most questioned 3-1 team out there. Are they for real? Was the Arizona loss a fluke? Or is it just the beginning of a long season for them?

They're banged up, and they have a confident 3-1 Seahack team coming into Heinz with a lot of momentum after stomping the Niners. You may see this game as meaningless, but IMO, this game is pretty much a must-win.

Dakota monkey
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
To show the heart and resiliancy they lacked last year and Tomlin's ability to respond after a loss. They're 3-1, but they have to be the most questioned 3-1 team out there. Are they for real? Was the Arizona loss a fluke? Or is it just the beginning of a long season for them?

They're banged up, and they have a confident 3-1 Seahack team coming into Heinz with a lot of momentum after stomping the Niners. You may see this game as meaningless, but IMO, this game is pretty much a must-win.

Funny you should mention that, in nearly every poll I have read this week, the Steelers and Seahawks are ranked right next to each other, they are BOTH 3-1, both having lost to the weak Cardinals, and BOTH are getting questioned a lot. People can't seem to tell what kind of teams these two really are. And now they play one another...this should be interesting.

Seahawks fans are saying almost the same exact thing, except that we are coming off a win instead of a loss.

The one thing the Steelers have going for them is that they rarely lose at home after a loss. I'd have to check the stats, but it must have been quite awhile since that happened.

I firmly expect your boys to "sack it up" and give my boys their A game.

jjpro11
10-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Funny you should mention that, in nearly every poll I have read this week, the Steelers and Seahawks are ranked right next to each other, they are BOTH 3-1, both having lost to the weak Cardinals, and BOTH are getting questioned a lot. People can't seem to tell what kind of teams these two really are. And now they play one another...this should be interesting.

Seahawks fans are saying almost the same exact thing, except that we are coming off a win instead of a loss.

The one thing the Steelers have going for them is that they rarely lose at home after a loss. I'd have to check the stats, but it must have been quite awhile since that happened.

I firmly expect your boys to "sack it up" and give my boys their A game.

throw those stats out the window.. its a new coaching staff and a new era. we will see how well a tomlin coached team faces adversity come sunday.

delhess
10-05-2007, 04:56 AM
i believe this game will be a defining game for the 07 steelers. i don't think that it's death if we lose, but a win would say a lot. a clean hardfought loss would be better then what we had last week.

onthebus36
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I totally agree this is a key game.

We showed weakness in Arizona and if we do it again, teams will key on them all year. We NEED to be 4-1 going into the bye because, after that, we have a tough road game against the Broncos and three divisional games.

I think is an important game because:
A- You have to win at home. Period.
B- We have to show we can bounce back.
C- You have to go into the bye week with a win.
D- Where it falls in the schedule.
E- It's the Seahawks and they talked a lot of crap after XL.

I want to bury these birds. I want humiliation. I want to dominate in all phases of the game.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
i believe this game will be a defining game for the 07 steelers..

THAT is what worries me.

But my expectations were about 6-10 or 7-9 for 2007. Were we going to magically manifest a ProBowl o-line in one preseason with a new staff? Hell no. Maybe not even in two seasons.

iloveben7
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I think it will be a very important game for the Steelers because
1. it will show that they can bounce back from a loss last week
2. it will also prove to the Seahawks and their fans that we can win without help from the refs

Dakota monkey
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
THAT is what worries me.

But my expectations were about 6-10 or 7-9 for 2007. Were we going to magically manifest a ProBowl o-line in one preseason with a new staff? Hell no. Maybe not even in two seasons.

Wow I think you seriously underated yoour team there! I had them going 10-6 maybe 11-5 at the beginning of the season.
Even as a Seahawks fan I know last season was a fluke for you guys.
Heck, after a Superbowl teams rarely do well the following year anymore, it just takes a lot out of a team to even get there. Injuries and freee agents leaving the following season often hurt too. But the year AFTER, those teams always seem to resurface, because they were that good to begin with.

Which is why I thought that both Pitt and Seattle would have bounce back seasons this year. Not to say they're the best, but they are certainly among the best, and by the end of the season...who knows, we COULD see a ramatch of that Superbowl two years ago...you never know.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
But that's exactly what the Steelers did between 03 and 04. The oline was awful in 03, and pretty much the same exact guys came back in 04 as one of the olines in the business.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow I think you seriously underated yoour team there! I had them going 10-6 maybe 11-5 at the beginning of the season.
Even as a Seahawks fan I know last season was a fluke for you guys.
Heck, after a Superbowl teams rarely do well the following year anymore, it just takes a lot out of a team to even get there. Injuries and freee agents leaving the following season often hurt too. But the year AFTER, those teams always seem to resurface, because they were that good to begin with.

Which is why I thought that both Pitt and Seattle would have bounce back seasons this year. Not to say they're the best, but they are certainly among the best, and by the end of the season...who knows, we COULD see a ramatch of that Superbowl two years ago...you never know.i agree (although just like last year preseason expectations are right around 12-4)

but as seen last season, 12-4 expectations can easilly lead to 8-8 results. there were 4 games last year that couldve easilly been wins, and those same types of scenarios are there for the steelers this season.

the 3-1 seahawks are probably the most "under the radar" team up to this point. even if they go down 3-2 i expect them to make the playoffs with possibly arizona as a wild card. much like the steelers, the seahawks have gained more talent they have lost since the sb, and have gotten healthier (with no coaching changes other than an upgrade with jim mora and the secondary).

from a non objective fans standpoint, this game may preove to be a bit more entertaining than the sb with fewer mistakes. (dont expect 11 penalties :wink02:)

:helmet:

delhess
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
boy the injury reports are not in our favor. we need to beat these guys at the line if we expect to compete in this game.

Dakota monkey
10-05-2007, 11:24 PM
the 3-1 seahawks are probably the most "under the radar" team up to this point. even if they go down 3-2 i expect them to make the playoffs with possibly arizona as a wild card. much like the steelers, the seahawks have gained more talent they have lost since the sb, and have gotten healthier (with no coaching changes other than an upgrade with jim mora and the secondary).

from a non objective fans standpoint, this game may preove to be a bit more entertaining than the sb with fewer mistakes. (dont expect 11 penalties :wink02:)

:helmet:

Very true and good points. I liked your Steelers to make the playoffs this season and surprise a lot of "experts" with a big bounce back year, same for Seattle.
Right now everyone is salivating over the Pats, and while this far into the season I have to agree, it's a LONG season, and things change dramatically over the course of a year.

I think that the Steelers have a tougher row to hoe, with the Pats and Colts both still being great teams, and only the Cowboys really being a good team in the NFC, (I am not bying into the Packers until I see them run the ball at all), but anything can happen.

I think that the things in the Steelers favor right now are that you are at home, after a stupid loss to a ba team...they'll be pizzed.

In the Seahawks favor is that, the Steelers are a bit banged up right now, it hurts more that Ward won't play, he's SUCH a great WR. This game really could go either way.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Very true and good points. I liked your Steelers to make the playoffs this season and surprise a lot of "experts" with a big bounce back year, same for Seattle.
Right now everyone is salivating over the Pats, and while this far into the season I have to agree, it's a LONG season, and things change dramatically over the course of a year.

I think that the Steelers have a tougher row to hoe, with the Pats and Colts both still being great teams, and only the Cowboys really being a good team in the NFC, (I am not bying into the Packers until I see them run the ball at all), but anything can happen.

I think that the things in the Steelers favor right now are that you are at home, after a stupid loss to a ba team...they'll be pizzed.

In the Seahawks favor is that, the Steelers are a bit banged up right now, it hurts more that Ward won't play, he's SUCH a great WR. This game really could go either way.i guess in a way, i was homeristically hoping the injury to ward would prove to be a coming out party for wilson and especially washington and the 3wr as the base set offense.

fact of the matter is, a healthy hines makes the catches washington missed, and nate is still better as a #3 wr as opposed to a #1 backup. he may be put to the true test this weekend to see where his future as a steeler lies. im rootin for the under dog :tt02:

as for hampton and troys injuries, that hurts. but hoke is the finest back up NT in the league and fans have been waiting to get a. smith in the line up (although not at the expense of troy, whom nobody replaces).

i would not be suprised if seattle put up a little more than 10 points and the steelers a little less than 21, and i wouldnt be suprised to see both teams put up 30. :hunch:

the uncertainty makes for a good game. the only team that has beatten both teams is Steelers West.

advantage- Steelers East.