PDA

View Full Version : Najeh has run in with the police.

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Just annoucned on KDKA.

Details coming later.

klick81
10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Umm. OK.

fansince'76
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Would you mind holding off on posting the news until you have a few details? :dang:

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Najeh poops in girls closet. Details at 12:00

all the police have said so far is that it was a "messy situation"

:scratchchin:

i wonder what that could mean.

klick81
10-04-2007, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest;304177]Najeh poops in girls closet. Details at 12:00
QUOTE]

:sofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Najeh poops in girls closet.

And hence the nickname "doo-key."

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Would you mind holding off on posting the news until you have a few details? :dang:

From what I have heard, it was child custody related.

Yes I will hold off on it.

fansince'76
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
WHOOSH!

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
From what I have heard, it was child custody related.

Yes I will hold off on it.i heard he was busted "taking the kids to the pool" outside of jurisdiction.

:hunch:

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2007, 11:34 PM
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_277232147.html

Steelers RB Has Run-In With Cleveland Police

(KDKA) CLEVELAND Steelers RB Najeh Davenport had a run-in with police Thursday night in Cleveland.

The situation apparently stemmed from a custody dispute involving his 5-year-old son. Davenport reportedly had court paperwork stating he could pick up the boy for visitation but there was some type of dispute.

That’s when Cleveland Police were called. Both the woman and Davenport called 911.

Police there are still at the scene trying to sort out what happened. Davenport reportedly was placed in the back of a police car; however, we’re told he is not under arrest.

Davenport is a backup running back to Willie Parker and so far has 159 yards rushing in four games, including a 40-yard touch down run against the 49ers earlier this year.

The Steelers signed him to a two-year contract extension prior to the start of this season.

fansince'76
10-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Yep, that's news - a professional athlete that actually WANTS to see his kid. Next. :coffee:

tony hipchest
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_277232147.html

Steelers RB Has Run-In With Cleveland Police

Davenport reportedly was placed in the back of a police car; however, we’re told he is not under arrest.

thats because he wasnt placed in the back of the car. he simply asked the officer if he could go relieve himself. :moon:

:poop: GOOOOOO NAJEH!!!!! :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
10-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh boy, here we go.....lol. This is just too easy. Almost as easy as if Bill Belichick got caught cheating on his wife....oh wait...eh..nevermind.

NateC
10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
NaaaaaaJEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

GOod Luck k. Gotta Handle Buisness, First .

Hope he can Practice TOmmorow Though..

:wave:

klick81
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Don't see why not. He wasn't placed under arrest. Unless he takes a personal day off.

jjpro11
10-05-2007, 02:16 AM
a lot of weird things are going down here in cleveland with athletes and the police. i advise all steelers to stay away from here. browns players are always welcome in any clubs! :wink02:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/03/cav-shannon-brown-gets-roughed-up/

Galax Steeler
10-05-2007, 04:40 AM
I hope everything works out for him and he can get back to business.

delhess
10-05-2007, 04:49 AM
be very careful who you have kids with.......right k fed?

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
This is, of course, no big deal. But could you imagine what Providence would have said if this was Willie Parker?

onthebus36
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
This is, of course, no big deal. But could you imagine what Providence would have said if this was Willie Parker?

He actually believes it WAS Willie Parker. In Prov's world, Willie Parker seems to be responsible for everything that goes wrong anywhere.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I believe that Providence thinks that the national healthcare crisis is WP's fault.

TackleMeBen
10-05-2007, 11:01 AM
just be grateful he isnt like henry and have 9 kids with 9 different women....lol

Steelerstrength
10-05-2007, 01:01 PM
thats because he wasnt placed in the back of the car. he simply asked the officer if he could go relieve himself. :moon:

:poop: GOOOOOO NAJEH!!!!! :tt02:

:sofunny::toofunny::sofunny:

Edman
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM

I don't see why he wouldn't believe that. According to him, Willie Parker is source of all the Steelers' problems. O-Line, LB Core, Injuries, Special Teams, all of them trace back to Willie Parker the cancer.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't believe that. According to him, Willie Parker is source of all the Steelers' problems. O-Line, LB Core, Injuries, Special Teams, all of them trace back to Willie Parker the cancer.

Don't forget, according to him, WP is the reason for AIDS and HIV. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Global Warming, of course, was started by Willie Parker. He really is the anti-christ.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Steelers' Davenport involved in Cleveland domestic dispute
Friday, October 05, 2007
By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police in Cleveland are investigating a domestic dispute involving Steelers running back Najeh Davenport.

Officers received three 911 calls last night from a house on 115th Street in Cleveland, where they said Mr. Davenport was involved in a child custody dispute with Anita Person, 27, of Cleveland, who is the mother of his 5-year-old child.

Police on the scene said they were unable to determine the aggressor in the dispute, which under Ohio law they must determine in order to arrest someone.

Officers took statements and photos and turned the case over to the domestic violence unit. Detectives will interview everyone involved and present their findings to the city prosecutor for review, police said.

The investigation is expected to take at least a week.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess that it's EAST 115th street.

Edman
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Don't forget, according to him, WP is the reason for AIDS and HIV. :sofunny:

If/when bad things happen to the Steelers(or life in general) this year, remember to say that it's Willie's fault. Remember...

-If Ben throws an INT, it's Willie's fault. He distracted Ben with his evil distraction powers.
-If the O-Line allows a bunch of sacks, It's Willie's fault.
-If the Steelers D allows 30+ Points, it's Willie's fault. He taped our defensive signals for the other team.
-If the Steelers fail to make the playoffs, it's Willie's fault. He's a cancerous no-good scrub.
-If the Steelers lose on sunday, It's Willie's Fault. He's a jynx.
-Give up a special teams TD, it's Willie's fault. He made Travis Kirshcke miss the tackle with his evil powers.
-Blocked FG? Willie's fault. He helped push the opposing player in the way.
-Fumbled snap? Willie's fault. He put grease on the ball when no one was looking.
-Turnover? Willie's Fault. He destroys Team's psyche.
-Butterfinger WR's? Willie's fault. He hypnotized the players into screwing up.

Implosion of Three Rivers? Willie's fault. He made TRS rot on purpose.
Penguins leave town? Willie's fault. He sabotaged the negotiations.
War in Iraq? It's Willie's fault. Willie had a bad game in the pro bowl.

Preacher
10-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Hmmm.....

Domestic violence possible.

Here is the thing, normally, in DV cases, the police are suspicious of the man first and foremost. If there were no arrests, it really makes me wonder.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-05-2007, 04:27 PM
At least it's because he wants to visit the boy (alleged) instead of ditching the kid.

I'll take Davenport's side in this matter because we need healthy bodies in the backfield and the woman is probably just a - what was that again Don Imus?

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
and the woman is probably just a - what was that again Don Imus?

Three things...

1) Your fired.

2) Al Sharpton called and wants you to appear on his 'radio show' in order to apologize to those you offended.

3) You will continue to apologize until your six feet under. That's a must.

Good luck. :wink02:

Preacher
10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Police Release 911 Tapes Of Davenport Dispute

LISTEN TO THE 911 TAPES: http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_image_281093753 Witness (http://kdka.com/video/?id=32650@kdka.dayport.com) | http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_image_281093753 Steeler Najeh Davenport (http://kdka.com/video/?id=32654@kdka.dayport.com)

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Cleveland police investigating a domestic dispute involving a Pittsburgh Steeler have released 911 tapes from three people ? including one from a witness who described a man punching a woman.

According to police, an apparent custody dispute led to an altercation between Steelers Running Back Najeh Davenport and the mother of his 5-year-old son, Anita Person, last night in Ohio.

A woman who asked not to be identified told emergency dispatchers about "a situation" in which a woman and "her baby's father" were arguing. "He was just punching all on her and she was screaming, 'help.'"

The anonymous caller went on to say that the man "keeps circling around the block."

Davenport, however, denied the claims that he hit Person -- telling a Cleveland television station that he never touched the woman.

He says the trouble started when he went to pick up his son for a custody visit. He says he had court paperwork stating that he could pick up his son for visitation; but Person grabbed the little boy out of his moving vehicle and took off.

"I got a court order to pick up my son," Davenport told a 911 operator, "and when I came to pick him up, she said I had to take him as is ? with no clothes. And it's in the order that she has to provide clothes for him."

"When I left," Davenport added, "when I was pulling out with my sons in my car. She jumped in my car to take him back.. out of a moving car!"

Police did not arrest anyone involved in the incident; and authorities say they do not plan to file charges. The parties involved, however, could still pursue charges against each other.

Stay with KDKA for more on this story

(? MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_278143230.html

Preacher
10-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow.

Davenport's and the witness's testimonies are SO different.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow.

Davenport's and the witness's testimonies are SO different.

That's why it's hard to pass judgement on the guy. We weren't there and the guy was never arrested.

Preacher
10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
That's why it's hard to pass judgement on the guy. We weren't there and the guy was never arrested.

Very true.

And the fact that most police... (if the guy was pounding on the girl, she would show SOME type of evidence), would arrest him immediately.

I don't know. I HATE domestic violence. But this one just isn't adding up.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Very true.

And the fact that most police... (if the guy was pounding on the girl, she would show SOME type of evidence), would arrest him immediately.

I don't know. I HATE domestic violence. But this one just isn't adding up.

Right.

While I don't like to play detective, we are talking about a 6'1 247 pound NFL running back here. If the guy was supposedly "pounding" on the girl, I think Najeh would be sitting in a jail cell right now.

And also (as you already pointed out), I'd have to believe 9 times out of 10 in domestic violence situations the male is arrested. LLT probably has a better idea on this topic (being a police dispatcher I believe?).

But hey, if they do find out that he laid a hand on her, lock his butt up asap. But something is off with this situation IMO.

Big D
10-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm curious on how mike tomlin will handle the discipline of dookie. I do believe this is the first steeler to have a run in with the law since tomlin has taken over.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 07:20 PM
There is no chance he beat her. He'd have been arrested instantly with even the slightest bit of evidence that it happened. I'm thinking this is setting up for a civil suit, and it's of course all about the Benjamin's.

Edman
10-05-2007, 07:51 PM
If Najeh "supposedly" hit her, then why isn't he in jail right now? Males get arrested even if the cops see one little mark of evidence on the female in these cases. And usually take her story over the guy's.

I smell an extortion screw job.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I do believe this is the first steeler to have a run in with the law since tomlin has taken over.

Richard Siegler. Was released the same day he was arrested. He was straight pimpin' da ho's yo. :wink02:

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Richard Siegler. Was released the same day he was arrested. He was straight pimpin' da ho's yo. :wink02:
i wonder what ol' dirk diggler is up to these days (were he not fired for pimpin tha hoez he would probably wouldve been cut and be a starter for the bengals by now).

speaking of the bungles-

Originally Posted by Big D
I do believe this is the first steeler to have a run in with the law since tomlin has taken over. it may be the steelers 1st run in with the law since the rooneys have taken over. im not sure how many the steelers have had in the 75 year rooney era but its gotta be less than the record established by the "marv lewis era".

OneForTheToe
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, I guess this pales in comparison to Fats Holmes shooting at a police copter.

Hey, every team will have few guys that have a run-in with the onces and a while. The importance is in the details . How serious? How often? What is the clubs reaction based on the first to questions?

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 08:42 PM
we had a player last year pulled over from running from police on a motorcycle. was it travis kirchke?

who knows.... who cares :hunch:

now is as good as a time as any to put s. holmes back on the cross for bitchslapping his ho and for jaywalking and telling some dude in steet clothes to go get bent.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 08:48 PM
we had a player last year pulled over from running from police on a motorcycle. was it travis kirchke?

who knows.... who cares :hunch:

now is as good as a time as any to put s. holmes back on the cross for bitchslapping his ho and for jaywalking and telling some dude in steet clothes to go get bent.

The ONLY video that comes to mind when I hear you talking like that........

Tony what are you doing sporting Raider gear? :wink02:

xjjFE4ObQBA

TONY "BUBB RUBB" HIPCHEST

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Tony what are you doing sporting Raider gear? :wink02:

TONY "BUBB RUBB" HIPCHEST

:toofunny: its all about tha bling gee. i roll like dat :cap:

Dahhhh Rayyyyyyyyydahhhhhhzzzzz!

:tt02:

OneForTheToe
10-05-2007, 09:09 PM
tony hipchest,

For what it's worth i think you are talking about Barrett Brooks.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/rss/s_464988.html

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
tony hipchest,

For what it's worth i think you are talking about Barrett Brooks.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/rss/s_464988.html
:yep: that sounds right.

honestly i had forgotten who it was cause the story wound up being no bigger than deshea townsend supposedly turning into jackie chan at a nightclub.

Godfather
10-06-2007, 10:24 AM
CLEVELAND police? I smell a setup.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
CLEVELAND police? I smell a setup.

They hate them for beating the Clowns 34-7.

Preacher
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Has anyone heard anything else about this?

83-Steelers-43
10-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Davenport will pursue charges in Ohio dispute
Monday, October 08, 2007
From local dispatches

Steelers running back Najeh Davenport said yesterday he was going to press charges against the woman who is the mother of his 5-year-old son, stemming from a domestic dispute Thursday.

The Cleveland police domestic violence unit is investigating the case but no charges have been filed. Davenport, in response to questioning after the Steelers game yesterday, said he intended to press charges against Anita Person, 27.

"I have a court order to pick up my son," Davenport said. He added that the woman didn't pack any clothes for the boy and that an argument ensued over that.

"As I'm driving off, she ran and jumped in the car, holding onto my 2-year-old son in the car seat driving down the street," he said. "She was trying to get my oldest son out of the car. To get me to stop the car, she put her knee to my 2-year-old son's chest. He started crying, that's when I stopped, got out of the car and went around the corner.

"I ran around the car and she pulled my other son out. When I got my son and started grabbing him, she took off running screaming."

Davenport then said he returned to Person's home and called the police twice. He said after waiting approximately 20 minutes, he drove back to the spot where Person was and an incident occurred.

Davenport didn't elaborate.

"That's when it all happened," he said. "Everything else is in the police report."

Under Ohio law, police must arrest "the primary physical aggressor" in domestics, but in this case they didn't know who that was and couldn't charge anyone.

Detectives will interview everyone involved and present their findings to the Cleveland city prosecutor for review, police said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07281/823773-66.stm

tony hipchest
10-08-2007, 01:45 AM
after the game he had today he should smack that ***** around more often :jawdrop:.

:chuckle:

of course im joking cause it seems to me that his story is probably true. she seems like the britny spears in this case, and probably deserves to have custody revoked.

what, was she putting a knee into her 2 year old childs chest?

anyways, go dookie! (not literally, of course) :poop:

Preacher
10-08-2007, 02:16 AM
after the game he had today he should smack that ***** around more often :jawdrop:.

:chuckle:

of course im joking cause it seems to me that his story is probably true. she seems like the britny spears in this case, and probably deserves to have custody revoked.

what, was she putting a knee into her 2 year old childs chest?

anyways, go dookie! (not literally, of course) :poop:

The other thing that gets me about all of this, is his respect on the phone.

Beyond that though... I don't know. I just don't get the feeling that this guy is in the wrong. Not because he is a Steeler, but just because things don't feel right.

Knee in the chest? Yeah. She should be put away. You don't do that to a child. PERIOD.

tony hipchest
10-08-2007, 02:20 AM
well, atleast we know how his coach/boss feels about the situation-

I don’t know how crazy his week was. I think that story has been overblown. It is just real life issues that adults go through. He is handling it like one. We didn’t let it become a story for us. It definitely wasn’t a story for him. We communicated and we moved on. He is a professional. I am more concerned with how he performs as a player. He has done a heck of a job for us. Not just in terms of stepping up and making plays today, but he has been a situational sparkplug for us all year. It is a credit to him. I think when the dust settles, we will find out that some of the things that became stories this week are actually nonstories.

Preacher
10-08-2007, 02:42 AM
well, atleast we know how his coach/boss feels about the situation-

Tomlin continues to impress me with how he handles these things.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-08-2007, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;304413] If the guy was supposedly "pounding" on the girl, I think Najeh would be sitting in a jail cell right now.QUOTE]

And that's what SHE needs to justify - says the State of Ohio . Something like a Duke student being at an ATM while the crime is being committed? Is there a better alibi than having the ATM photograph each transaction? Those losers (Nifong et al) - um outstanding public servants - should have their hands handed to them.

But if it's true and she did take a beating AND it left no evidence then perhaps we should cut Davenport and sign her. And let him do the time.

But this ain't Durham. And Ohio law in the case of a domestic dispute must find substancial physical or eye wintness evidence to hold someone. There is no he-said she-said cause for arrest.

Preacher
10-08-2007, 03:13 AM
[quote=83-Steelers-43;304413] If the guy was supposedly "pounding" on the girl, I think Najeh would be sitting in a jail cell right now.QUOTE]

And that's what SHE needs to justify - says the State of Ohio . Something like a Duke student being at an ATM while the crime is being committed? Is there a better alibi than having the ATM photograph each transaction? Those losers (Nifong et al) - um outstanding public servants - should have their hands handed to them.

But if it's true and she did take a beating AND it left no evidence then perhaps we should cut Davenport and sign her. And let him do the time.

But this ain't Durham. And Ohio law in the case of a domestic dispute must find substancial physical or eye wintness evidence to hold someone. There is no he-said she-said cause for arrest.

Too true.

However, I don' t want to be seen in ANY WAY to be treating this type of thing lightly. If he is guilty, then put him in jail. But again, something tells me that SHE will end up being the one guilty.