PDA

View Full Version : Colclough ready for another chance

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Colclough may finally see his first action under new coach Mike Tomlin as a result of No. 3 cornerback Bryant McFadden suffering a high ankle sprain in last week's loss against Arizona.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_531060.html

Be afraid ... be very afraid

Edman
10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
The Shitattle WR's are going to have a field day. Choke-lee brings nothing to the table.

jtmill
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Give him a chance. He hasn't played in 17 games and Tomlin (having no pre-conceived notions) evidently thought he was good enough to still be on the team. A lot can change in a year. I may be wrong, but seems like I remember he was decent in coverage but terrible returning punts.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 08:25 AM
He was playing really well (as long as he wasn't returning punts) before he was injured.

onthebus36
10-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Give him a chance. He hasn't played in 17 games and Tomlin (having no pre-conceived notions) evidently thought he was good enough to still be on the team. A lot can change in a year. I may be wrong, but seems like I remember he was decent in coverage but terrible returning punts.

That's correct. He's fine nickel back and back-up CB but he's a terrible punt returner. He's also decent on special teams.

He had some nice plays in the preseason so he'll probably be fine. And let's be honest, if we aren't getting pressure on the QB, our secondary is going to have problems all day.

jtmill
10-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Amen to that. Pressure is the key. We had our #1's in Arizona but no pressure. Fitzgerald had what? 200 catches for 1000 yards?

Lord Stiller
10-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Colclough is like Ike Taylor in that he is a raw, gifted athlete who needs to learn how to play the position of cornerback.

Colclough's main problem is he is a total puss and afraid of contact

The Duke
10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
I'll give him a chance for this game. But the thought of housh catching a long td pass while coke "tackles" him and falls comes to mind

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Would rather see what Gay can do. He did not disappoint in the preseason. Guy is always in the right place at the right time. I've seen my fair share when it comes to Colclough and I still find myself waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming "Why is he still here? Why? Why!?!?!?!?!".

BurghZ0n3
10-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Colclough wasn't that bad in 2004....I remember when he helped the others defending the endzone @ Dallas the very last minute. Is he really afraid of contact, like...Josh Miller way back? Well, Tomlin might challenge him for this upcoming game then.... :tt02: