PDA

View Full Version : Alexander next to take crack at Steelers 'D'

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Alexander next to take crack at Steelers 'D'
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 5, 2007

Shaun Alexander will try to become the first running back to rush for 100 yards against the Steelers in 30 games Sunday.
The Seattle Seahawks running back nearly accomplished the feat when the teams met in Super Bowl XL. But Alexander may not be the same player who gained 95 yards on 20 carries against the Steelers in February 2006.

Alexander has a crack in his left wrist, and while he has been able to play with the injury, he has been forced to wear a cast.

It has prevented the 2005 NFL MVP from switching the ball between arms when running and may limit Alexander in other ways.

"I think he would say it doesn't bother him too much." Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said, "and I think he is being honest. I think a running back, receiver or any of those skills guys that have to wear a cast, it is going to change your program someway or somehow."
Alexander has rushed for 388 yards in four games and has a pair of 100-yard games. Holmgren said the Seahawks have to do a better job of blocking for Alexander.

"He is going to have a great year," Holmgren said.

A great game Sunday may be another story, considering how stingy the Steelers are against the run. In addition to their streak of not allowing a 100-yard rusher, the Steelers are yielding only 81.3 rushing yards per game this season.

"That's what we pride ourselves on," nose tackle Casey Hampton said. "We stop the run real good and I don't expect it to be any different this week."

SteelerManiacXLII
10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
The Seattle Oline should have no problem getting a push on casey hampton... 100 by the first half...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP3248~Shaun-Alexander-Posters.jpg

fansince'76
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
The Seattle Oline should have no problem getting a push on casey hampton... 100 by the first half...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP3248~Shaun-Alexander-Posters.jpg

Dream on. :yawn:

SteelerManiacXLII
10-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Dream on. :yawn:

Section 111 Row R... I'll be there Sunday wearing my Shaun Alexander jersey. Come congratulate me when we win.

I leave in 5 hours.. I will get back online when I'm in your stinkhole city.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Section 111 Row R... I'll be there Sunday wearing my Shaun Alexander jersey. Come congratulate me when we win.

Look for the Fat Kid with the taped glasses...and the "too-small" nacho stained Seachicken jersey.

.......alone of course.

Bring cash kid....We dont take the Food-stamps at the food stands.

Lord Stiller
10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Bring cash kid....We dont take the Food-stamps at the food stands.

And we dont sell those fairy cafe latte's at the stadium

rbryan
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
:blah::blah:Section 111 Row R... I'll be there Sunday wearing my Shaun Alexander jersey. Come congratulate me when we win.

Another week and another turd floats to the surface.

ShutDown24
10-05-2007, 12:45 PM

Your going to be there? Wow, that's one more Seahawk fan than was at the Super Bowl...

I'll make the long walk down at some point to laugh at you when it's a blowout :cheers:

SteelerManiacXLII
10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Your going to be there? Wow, that's one more Seahawk fan than was at the Super Bowl...

I'll make the long walk down at some point to laugh at you when it's a blowout :cheers:

Beers on me... IF YOUR WEARING SEAHAWK BLUE! :jammin:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
And we dont sell those fairy cafe latte's at the stadium

Holmgren is already drafting a curt complaint to the NFL as to the Steelers already putting his team at a disadvantage by not providing Latte's....

...google Holmgren complaining.....172,354 hits.

ShutDown24
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM

Rokko oroshi ni sasso to
Soten kakeru nichirin no
Seishun no haki uruwashiku
Kagayaku wagana zo Hanshin Taigasu
O-o-o-o Hanshin Taigasu
Fure-fure-fure-fure

Toshi hatsuratsu tatsu ya ima
Nekketsu sude ni teki o tsuku
Ju-o no iki takaraka ni
Muteki no warera zo Hanshin Taigasu
O-o-o-o Hanshin Taigasu
Fure-fure-fure-fure

TackleMeBen
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM

there werent that many seahawks fan at the superbowl. i think i saw maybe 10..downtown detroit looked like it had been invaded by pittsburgh. and all the steeler fans i met were really cool.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Rokko oroshi ni sasso to
Soten kakeru nichirin no
Seishun no haki uruwashiku
Kagayaku wagana zo Hanshin Taigasu
O-o-o-o Hanshin Taigasu
Fure-fure-fure-fure

Toshi hatsuratsu tatsu ya ima
Nekketsu sude ni teki o tsuku
Ju-o no iki takaraka ni
Muteki no warera zo Hanshin Taigasu
O-o-o-o Hanshin Taigasu
Fure-fure-fure-fure

GO TIGERS!!....?

ShutDown24
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
GO TIGERS!!....?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Hanshintigerslogo.png

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM

I get points for that!!!!

Lord Stiller
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM

is that this team:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=453_1191345802&p=1

beSteelmyheart
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll pass, thanks.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Alexander next to take crack

:sofunny:

I know, it was dumb. It doesn't take much to amuse me...lol. Sorry, I will carry on. :dang::coffee:

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Beers on me...

I'm willing to waste a few beers on him. *pours beer on troll*

Dakota monkey
10-05-2007, 11:32 PM
It would surprise me actually to see Alexander crack 100 against the Steelers defense with that wrist and all. I think it more likely that he gets around 70-80 yards.
It's Hasselbeck and the passing game that is more likely to have a good game in my opinion, he has looked VERY sharp thus far into the season, whereas the Seahawks O-Line is not giving Alexander much room to run.

I think this game will come down to the Steelers ability to stop the Seahawks passing game, and the Seahawks ability to stop Pittsburghs running game. (especially with Ward out)...at least that's how I see it.

WWIIOwheelz
10-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Naturally I have Alexander in my FFL, along with my Pittsburgh defense. *sigh*

My other defense has a bye, and I don't have a good RB to plug in for Alexander. Goint to be a long week, I'm afraid.

Hawk Believer
10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Alexander hasn't really been able to run the ball in the first half in any game so far this season. He's been great in the 2nd half. Hopefully he gets rolling a bit earlier this Sunday....

Dakota monkey
10-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Alexander hasn't really been able to run the ball in the first half in any game so far this season. He's been great in the 2nd half. Hopefully he gets rolling a bit earlier this Sunday....

I still think that Mack Strong was right when he said the problem had more to do with defenses taking the run away from us, and poor run blocking than it does Alexander or his injury, but time will tell.
Unfortunately I doubt it will be this game that the run game gets on track, the Steelers D just simply doesn't allow 100 yard games, especially not in their house.

tony hipchest
10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Alexander hasn't really been able to run the ball in the first half in any game so far this season. He's been great in the 2nd half. Hopefully he gets rolling a bit earlier this Sunday....good to see you HB :cheers:

finally rematch time. alexander has been the closest to 100 yds our defense has seen in a while. im hoping for a run n shoot 1st half, and willie putting up 100 by the 3rd quarter.

Elvis
10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
:coffee:
With NT Hampton out.. the Hawks have a better
chance, but I still dont see it happening.
:tt02:

The Duke
10-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Hoke or Hampton at DT, it doesn't matter who it is he won't run for 100 yards. sorry alexander

Bill Gates Jr.
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
You can only hold Alexander down for so long... He is due for a big game seeing as how he hasnt had one in a while...

Some advice to you steeler fans... dont give Willy Parker a big contract right before he turns 30....

stillers4me
10-06-2007, 03:06 PM
You can only hold Alexander down for so long... He is due for a big game seeing as how he hasnt had one in a while...

Some advice to you steeler fans... dont give Willy Parker a big contract right before he turns 30....

That's Fast Willie Parker to you.......:wink02:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/WillieParker_XLTDrun.gif

tony hipchest
10-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Some advice to you steeler fans... dont give Willy Parker a big contract right before he turns 30....actually thats right when his current contract expires and he will be due for that "once in a lifetime, supercontract" (assuming he continues at current pace).

i would just prefer extending him early (possibly next year) and saving alot of $$$ down the road.

unfortunately thats not the steeler way and playing hardball with willie or letting him walk at the age of 30 is.

Brian Hinkle MVP
10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
actually thats right when his current contract expires and he will be due for that "once in a lifetime, supercontract" (assuming he continues at current pace).

i would just prefer extending him early (possibly next year) and saving alot of $$$ down the road.

unfortunately thats not the steeler way and playing hardball with willie or letting him walk at the age of 30 is.

The way the Steelers run him he won't be worth a shit by the time he is thirty. We need to start looking for a second back that can be plugged in to split carries.

Big D
10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I could really care less about shaun alexander. He's a 30 year old running back who seems that he is running at the downside of his career