PDA

View Full Version : God Hates the Yankees

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
They are evil. Need proof? The Tribe was unable to touch the evil Yanks pitching tonight all game, but God called in a plague of Canadian Soldier bugs into the Jake, which distracted Satan?s pitchers and hitters and allowed the powers of good, who seemed to be much less affected by the swarm, to triumph.

By the way, I expect some fringe Canadian group to come out of the woodwork and demand that the name of the bugs be changed after getting national attention during the game and on Sportscenter. Canadian Soldiers is a derogatory term, because they only live for a day or two and appear to serve no purpose. In truth, they are also known as the Fish Fly (they stink like dead fish), June Bug, or May Fly.

NJarhead
10-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Does Belicheat have any stakes in the Indians franchaise??

Yanks are NOT evil. Someone should put some freaking money into the Pirates organization instead of allowing the rest of the MLB use them as a Farm team because THAT, to me is evil.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
The Indians are on the same exact plane as the Pirates. One team consistently goes in the right direction and the other goes in the wrong. There's a reason for that.

And, yes, outspending most teams 10-1 is evil. And I LOVE it when it consistently backfires.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Does Belicheat have any stakes in the Indians franchaise??

Yanks are NOT evil. Someone should put some freaking money into the Pirates organization instead of allowing the rest of the MLB use them as a Farm team because THAT, to me is evil.

post crown patriots = post crown yankees

and its nice to watch the trainwreck that has happened since those 3 most recent crowns. infact lemme throw the lakers in there. they were a true

:dollar: "dream team" :dollar:

with the addition of malone and payton.

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
The New York media will have 2 days to sharpen the knives with an off day tomorrow

K-Rod will be the obvious target, with the The New York Times story on the 2-1 loss tonight featuring this nugget:

Alex Rodriguez went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts and has only four hits in his last 50 postseason at-bats.

GoFins11
10-05-2007, 11:31 PM
The New York media will have 2 days to sharpen the knives with an off day tomorrow

K-Rod will be the obvious target, with the The New York Times story on the 2-1 loss tonight featuring this nugget:

Alex Rodriguez went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts and has only four hits in his last 50 postseason at-bats.

Isn't it great.

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Isn't it great.

Oh yeah

The Times also has a column devoted to trashing K-Rod's latest playoff troubles:sofunny:

New October, but Same Old A-Rod

Rodriguez may yet get a hit before this series ends, but he has no guarantee of such flaming success. In the division series against the Tigers last year, he had one hit in 14 at-bats. The year before, in the division series against the Angels, he had 2 hits in 15 at-bats. He finished the disastrous league series against the Red Sox in 2004 with one hit in his last 15 at-bats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/06/sports/baseball/06chass.html?ref=sports

steelerbackr4life
10-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I wont get into any dicussions with you Yankee trashers. I feel like I just woke up from a bad drunk. I just hope that the Steelers can make atleast my train ride to the Bronx on Sunday pleasant. At this rate I dont even want to think about the ride back.

TroysBadDawg
10-07-2007, 04:54 AM
The Yankees are the Best team that money can buy, this year Did they use monoply money?

And God doesn't hate the Yankee's, he just dislikes doing anything (spending) in excess. To much of anything is wastefull.

steelerbackr4life
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I am so sick of hearing the best team that money can buy b.s. The Yankees through out history have endured many rule changes with the game involving player personnell mostly designed to impede their dominance. These changes go all the way back to the creation of the draft . Designed to stem the Yanks operations of advanced scouting to aquire talented players that other teams chose not to spend the money to even find. Up to the present revenue sharing situation in MLB today , which the Yanks voluntarily commited millions of dollars to this past year alone so that other "less off teams" could stay competitive. Is it their fault that most of these weaker teams did not spend this money to better themselves? What about the problem of other teams raising the ticket prices when the Yankees are in town just to squeeze more cash out of the working class and line their own pockets?

The organization is commited to doing whatever it takes to win. If the owners choose to spend money on their team to do that instead of putting it all in their pockets than that is their perogative. Whether that means trading for a player like Krod who was signed foolishly by another organization who overpaid him and then realized they couldnt afford him then had to cut expenses. Or keeping their home grown products by signing them to big deals when it is their turn to file for free agency.

If the Yankees have ever been guilty of anything it is of providing their fans with the best possible product they possibly can to give their fans a WINNER! Whatever happens today in the Bronx one thing will remain the same. The N.Y. Yankees have won 26 World Championships and no other team in the history of Profesional sports can say that!

silver & black
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't if God really hates the Yankees... but Tribe fans do!

GO TRIBE!

j-dawg
10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
i hope god has a plague of locusts ready to descend upon the evil belicheat today!

j-dawg
10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I am so sick of hearing the best team that money can buy b.s. The Yankees through out history have endured many rule changes with the game involving player personnell mostly designed to impede their dominance. These changes go all the way back to the creation of the draft . Designed to stem the Yanks operations of advanced scouting to aquire talented players that other teams chose not to spend the money to even find. Up to the present revenue sharing situation in MLB today , which the Yanks voluntarily commited millions of dollars to this past year alone so that other "less off teams" could stay competitive. Is it their fault that most of these weaker teams did not spend this money to better themselves? What about the problem of other teams raising the ticket prices when the Yankees are in town just to squeeze more cash out of the working class and line their own pockets?

The organization is commited to doing whatever it takes to win. If the owners choose to spend money on their team to do that instead of putting it all in their pockets than that is their perogative. Whether that means trading for a player like Krod who was signed foolishly by another organization who overpaid him and then realized they couldnt afford him then had to cut expenses. Or keeping their home grown products by signing them to big deals when it is their turn to file for free agency.

If the Yankees have ever been guilty of anything it is of providing their fans with the best possible product they possibly can to give their fans a WINNER! Whatever happens today in the Bronx one thing will remain the same. The N.Y. Yankees have won 26 World Championships and no other team in the history of Profesional sports can say that!

i remember a tribe team two years ago giving the yankees a run as well... with 1/4 of the yankess payroll... sure the yankees have their history and their championships... but the indians have the stronger bullpen THIS YEAR and the yankees are bowing out in the first round.

steelerbackr4life
10-07-2007, 12:05 PM
i remember a tribe team two years ago giving the yankees a run as well... with 1/4 of the yankess payroll... sure the yankees have their history and their championships... but the indians have the stronger bullpen THIS YEAR and the yankees are bowing out in the first round.

Honestly I could care less about the tribe giving the Yankees a run 2 years ago. If coming close to the hated Yankees makes them feel better than congrats.There is always some team that has to give them a run and their pay roll, ( a few teams aside) will inevitably always be smaller. The end result was the Yankees did not win it all which is a failure to the organization and its fan base.

The Yankees believe it or not are in a rebuilding stage this year and keeping all of their young talent to once again make a strong run at yet another dynasty. They have made this commitment and still remain competitive. Which while is a tremendous achievement but falls short of the ultimate goal which is currently #27.

No doubt the Indians are having a tremendous run and they have a good pen. Alot is to be said to the way they have committed their organization to the development of youth and putting a good team together. Those two pitchers they threw out there in the first 2 games are studs. If they go on to win this series I wish them luck .

steelerbackr4life
10-07-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't if God really hates the Yankees... but Tribe fans do!

GO TRIBE!

LOL

steelerbackr4life
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
i hope god has a plague of locusts ready to descend upon the evil belicheat today!

We agree on that LOL

Big D
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
They are evil. Need proof? The Tribe was unable to touch the evil Yanks pitching tonight all game, but God called in a plague of Canadian Soldier bugs into the Jake, which distracted Satan?s pitchers and hitters and allowed the powers of good, who seemed to be much less affected by the swarm, to triumph.

By the way, I expect some fringe Canadian group to come out of the woodwork and demand that the name of the bugs be changed after getting national attention during the game and on Sportscenter. Canadian Soldiers is a derogatory term, because they only live for a day or two and appear to serve no purpose. In truth, they are also known as the Fish Fly (they stink like dead fish), June Bug, or May Fly.

being a red sox fan. I can tell you not to count the skankees out until the final out

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 04:11 PM
It's easy. Buying championships doesn't work, but earning them does. When the Yankee's learn this lesson, the hatred will subside a bit. If you REALLY want people to stop hating the Yankee's, find a way to do away with frontrunner fans. That'll solve the whole Patriots hatred thing, too.

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
There is no joy in the Big Apple today.

My favorite moment of the series had to be 60,000 Yankee's fans cheering in unison "Derek Jeter, bump bump bump-bump-bump, Derek Jeter" right before he grounded into an inning (and rally) ending double play.

Captain Clutch indeed.

rog
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Great post, I'm sure the same people who bash the Boss and Yankees for spending money on players the way they do would love it if George sold the Yankees and bought their favorite team and did the exact same thing. Why people trash Stienbrenner the way they do is beyond me all the guy is trying to do is win. Not to mention how much help the other teams get from the luxury tax. By the way he is playing with in the rules unlike some sweatshirt wearing cheaters.

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
If the MLB REALLY wanted to "impede" their dominance, there would be a salary cap. That's plain and simple. Also, buying off free agents rarely works. Ego's, contracts, endorsements, the press, lack of unity, there are a hundred reasons why teams who just toss cash around almost never win now. Anaheim, Detroit, Florida, even St. Louis don't spend anywhere near the cash that Steinbrenner does.

And, no, I would not prefer any of my teams to simply outspend the competition, and not just because I know it doesn't work. There is something inherently "right" about watching a team being built right before your eyes, through good drafting, a great farm system and very selective use of free agency.

A-Rod is a great example. His contract alone is worth about 40 million more than the entire Indians payroll, and outside of a largely meaningless solo shot, he sucked in this series. There are probably 4-5 players on the Indians roster who are actually more valuable than A-Rod, and they proved themselves when and where it counted.

X-Terminator
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
If the MLB REALLY wanted to "impede" their dominance, there would be a salary cap. That's plain and simple. Also, buying off free agents rarely works. Ego's, contracts, endorsements, the press, lack of unity, there are a hundred reasons why teams who just toss cash around almost never win now. Anaheim, Detroit, Florida, even St. Louis don't spend anywhere near the cash that Steinbrenner does.

And, no, I would not prefer any of my teams to simply outspend the competition, and not just because I know it doesn't work. There is something inherently "right" about watching a team being built right before your eyes, through good drafting, a great farm system and very selective use of free agency.

A-Rod is a great example. His contract alone is worth about 40 million more than the entire Indians payroll, and outside of a largely meaningless solo shot, he sucked in this series. There are probably 4-5 players on the Indians roster who are actually more valuable than A-Rod, and they proved themselves when and where it counted.

Great post. I guarantee you that if the Bankee$ didn't consistently screw every team in the league by blowing the FA market to hell every year by overpaying for every FA imaginable, and actually built from within, there would be a whole lot less hatred for them outside the metropolitan New York and Boston areas. It's the one thing that many Bankee$ fans simply do not understand, and instead jump right into defense mode whenever someone questions their free-spending ways. Only the Bankee$ would spend $28 million on a washed-up Roger Clemens, then cut him from the postseason roster.

Good luck with K-Rod next year, Bankee$ fans, because even IF he decides to void his contract, there won't be another team in the league who will pay him $30 million a year or more, so he'll probably be wearing pinstripes and sucking in the postseason. Again.

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Actually, except for over-inflating the FA market, I have no problem with them constantly throwing good money after bad. Other teams can learn how to do it right by watching the Yankees do it wrong year after year, and it makes it more fun to watch them lose. I DON'T think it's right to blame Joe Torre, though.

A couple other nice moments in the series: The guy holding the sign (and summing up Yankee arrogance nicely) that said "We play. We win. No problem." To the fans and probably the players as well, they just considered beating the Indians manifest destiny. The only problem with that is that the Indians are actually a better team. I also still can't get over the fact that the big bad Bronx Bombers couldn't handle a few little bugs.

GoFins11
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM
It's easy. Buying championships doesn't work, but earning them does. When the Yankee's learn this lesson, the hatred will subside a bit. If you REALLY want people to stop hating the Yankee's, find a way to do away with frontrunner fans. That'll solve the whole Patriots hatred thing, too.

I have no problem with them buying anything because they pay my team a pretty penny in profit sharing:cheers:

I dislike all New York sports for the most part.