PDA

View Full Version : I respectfully disagree.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
There is a giant white elephant sitting in the middle of this message board, and ignoring it isn't right. This IS the blast furnace where anything goes, so if there is a need for catharsis, it is right and proper to post up thoughts here, especially given the former position of the banned poster.

Shutting down threads only prolongs the inevitable. Everyone (especially those who were involved in the big BF thread that started all this) is going to eventually talk about it, so why not get it over with?

ShutDown24
10-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I kind of agree with you, but at the same time the SF rules state that you must comply with any administrative (or moderators) decisions. So I say, they have spoken.

HometownGal
10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
If you feel the need to discuss the departed poster, I think that can be accomplished via a PM. I'd just as soon forget about it and move on. Just my two cents.

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe you'd be right, but this was an ex-Mod, and someone who posted almost 8,000 times. It's a little Orwellian to just pretend that the guy never existed.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Anybody wanna beer? Anybody? :sofunny:

Mosca
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey, I liked him, and I can do it.

Tom

HometownGal
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Maybe you'd be right, but this was an ex-Mod, and someone who posted almost 8,000 times. It's a little Orwellian to just pretend that the guy never existed.

His posts are still visible, so it would be difficult to forget that he existed. I just believe in letting sleeping dogs lay and besides - don't you think we'd be lowering ourselves a notch or two by resorting to slicing and dicing a person who isn't here any longer? I think we are all above that, quite frankly.

I'll have 2 beers, please. Molson Canadian in the bottle. :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
If you feel the need to discuss the departed poster, I think that can be accomplished via a PM. I'd just as soon forget about it and move on. Just my two cents.

HTG - I am posted out on the issue of the recently departed but FWIW I would be interested in reading what anyone else has to say on the equivalent of Don Imus doing nothing much different than he had done for years but finally blowing himself up.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 09:33 PM
this may seem to be the perfect opportunity for tons of posters to step up and bash a banned member (especially with a thread placed in the blast furnace).

i would suggest that anyone only say what they would say if that banned member were still here to reply or defend oneself.

this is no time for people to suddenly grow a pair and crawl out of the woodwork (and i say this to the board as a whole, not anyone who has posted in this thread) cause i too, think it is a discussion worthy topic.

litp was a long time member who made {attempted to make} his own contributions to the board.

a healthy discussion is fine, but htg may be right. a healthy discussion may only be found in the confines of a PM.

we'll see. my views are pretty clear and are views that have been posted in the open, and on the up and up. im not about kicking someone while they are down and/or out. i dont like to see any active member banned (even hardworm) but definitely understand when someone must sleep in the bed they made..

i dont care about myself, but i definitely dont like seeing random shots taken at our individual members (whether i "cyber-know" you or not) or our board as a whole.

the thread in question that led to a member getting himself banned was a personal attack against anybody who happened to click on the link and read it. it was dealt with as such.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Only beers and good music coming from here!!! :smile:

And a nice Seattle ass whooping would be beautiful. :tt02:

Mosca
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I guarantee you, if you keep writing about him it feeds him even though he can't respond. The best way to get his goat is to move forward.

As Tony said, he made his bed and now he lies in it. I got along with him well, and I wasn't participating in that thread. But I went and read it and I am fine with the way things are now.

Tom

jjpro11
10-05-2007, 09:58 PM
why did he get banned? i guess i havent been following. pm me if you dont want to post or if its against the rules or whatever is going on.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Only beers and good music coming from here!!! :smile:

And a nice Seattle ass whooping would be beautiful. :tt02:

HOOORAY BEER! and

HOOORAY FOOTBALL ! :tt02:

I guarantee you, if you keep writing about him it feeds him even though he can't respond. The best way to get his goat is to move forward.

As Tony said, he made his bed and now he lies in it. I got along with him well, and I wasn't participating in that thread. But I went and read it and I am fine with the way things are now.

Tom lets see. talk about sb 40 rematch with both teams at 3-1 and seemingly evenly matched or discuss :yawn:???

however, from a psychological discussion point of view i do find this current dynamic/topic a very interresting case study and i hope this thread is allowed to continue.

but really, i am hoping for an excellent game (maybe even a nail biter). most times i am just hoping for a complete blowout that is over by the 4th quarter. this time i'm really wanting a knock out/ drag out, where were the ones knocking them out.

barkeep, another beer please?

Preacher
10-05-2007, 10:06 PM
why did he get banned? i guess i havent been following. pm me if you dont want to post or if its against the rules or whatever is going on.

Simple.

He took personal information, and turned it into a personal attacks. Personal attacks are not allowed in ANY forum. Smack about a team or a fanbase is okay, but not personal attacks.

He did this, with personal information he got through PM.

That crossed the line for the mods/administrator.

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Simple.

He took personal information, and turned it into a personal attacks. Personal attacks are not allowed in ANY forum. Smack about a team or a fanbase is okay, but not personal attacks.

He did this, with personal information he got through PM.

That crossed the line for the mods/administrator.

:alcoholic

heeyyy barkeep! get the reverend, or pastor (or whatever it the **** it is they call themselves) a pepsi, or a rootbeer, (or whatever the **** it is they drink) :cheers:

:angel: j/k preacher

(i typed the asterisks as opposed to the bad words themselves :hunch:)

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
One watered down diet pepsi coming up!!!! :wink02:

Preacher
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
:alcoholic

heeyyy barkeep! get the reverend, or pastor (or whatever it the **** it is they call themselves) a pepsi, or a rootbeer, (or whatever the **** it is they drink) :cheers:

:angel: j/k preacher

(i typed the asterisks as opposed to the bad words themselves :hunch:)

Son... May a thousand sandflies infest your underwear drawer!

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, if he wished that on you Tony, what do I have coming to me?!?!?! That's some harsh stuff...lol.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I take the watered down diet pepsi comment back.

*does ten Hail Mary's*

Just don't give me what Michael Vick spreads. That's all I ask.

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Wow, if he wished that on you Tony, what do I have coming to me?!?!?! That's some harsh stuff...lol.

Could it be the fles of a thousand camels infesting your ..... arm pits?

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Could it be the fles of a thousand camels infesting your ..... arm pits?

Arm pits? Hell, that's better than my underwear. I'll take it. I was expecting much worse to be honest...lol.

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I was being nice, didn't want to get banned myself, but if you want them to infest your underwear???? What ever floats your boat.
Or should I say where ever you want to scratch. lol

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I was being nice, didn't want to get banned myself, but if you want them to infest your underwear???? What ever floats your boat. lol

:kick::wink02:

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
ROTFLMAOWBCOMN

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
See what you did Preacher? You have a Browns fan and Steelers fan fighting over underwear and armpit fleas.........actually I would be willing to bet this is the most mild mannered fight between a Browns and Steelers fan.

See, Preacher brings peace. Now Preacher, get on that Israel and Palestine thing and we are set!

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Should I tell that I am of Lebanese decent? 100% on both side of the family, I am an endangered species.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Should I tell that I am of Lebanese decent? 100% on both side of the family, I am an endangered species.

Hey, you can be 50% Alien and 50% whatever. :smile:

Although being 100% Browns fan I have a problem with... :wink02:

Preacher
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Well I see no problem with you being 100% Steelers fan. I just consider you one of the unfortunates. Originally being from Ytown, until I got sent away to a better place, I learned about yinz. How yinz stole steel contracts from Ytown steel plants. See I know all about yinz. :wink02: :wink02::cheers:

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Aw shucks and I was just starting to have fun. I do have to admit. PA is one of the few states that I have been in where you don't find rusted out cars and trucks on the road. I love the vehicle inspection before getting plates. 50% of the cars in Ohio wouldn't have plates.

I have to ask a question though. Where in the world did people in PA come up with the idea of Steak salad? Steak french fries on a salad with salad dressing over it all?

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 11:13 PM
:toofunny:

hey wait a minute. what the hell is a sandfly? is it worse than a horsefly? or a john elway or shannon sharpefly?

barkeep! another round please! and get another shasta or tab or whatever it is priestdude is drinking. :wink:

Preacher
10-05-2007, 11:16 PM
:toofunny:

hey wait a minute. what the hell is a sandfly? is it worse than a horsefly? or a john elway or shannon sharpefly?

barkeep! another round please! and get another shasta or tab or whatever it is priestdude is drinking. :wink:

Priestdude................. :rofl:

tony hipchest
10-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I have to ask a question though. Where in the world did people in PA come up with the idea of Steak salad? Steak french fries on a salad with salad dressing over it all?:yummy:

barkeep! i want 1 of those.... with beer. LOTS OF BEER!

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 11:19 PM
A sandfly is something you didn't want to swat or the DI at PI made you bury it.

83-Steelers-43
10-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Oddly enough, the priest dude has been taking shots of cuervo all night long.......yeah, your telling me. Here I'm thinking a beer or a jack and coke and this one is on shot number 10. I'm telling ya preacher, I'm just a bit surprised.

Preacher
10-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Oddly enough, the priest dude has been taking shots of cuervo all night long.......yeah, your telling me. Here I'm thinking a beer or a jack and coke and this one is on shot number 10. I'm telling ya preacher, I'm just a bit surprised.

Smell the bottle... It is only water.

I just want to look cool!

TroysBadDawg
10-05-2007, 11:59 PM
could be vodka? Maybe Everclear?

83-Steelers-43
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
could be vodka? Maybe Everclear?

Yeah, that's what Casey Hampton told Tomlin and the Rooney's. :smile:

http://drunkathletes.synergyofsports...his-belly.aspx

TroysBadDawg
10-06-2007, 12:12 AM
But really I thought it was water, with a kick.

83-Steelers-43
10-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Ohhhhh, what happened to Big Snack getting down with the Belvedere in hand? Link doesn't work anymore?

stillers4me
10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
A steak salad with fries, onions,and smothered in ranch dressing...........heaven on earth. Hey, nobody complains about ranch dressing all over that big plate of cheese fries at the Outback. hmmmmmm......maybe that's heaven on earth. One of each, please and don't forget the beer!

And somebody please order a Primanti Bros. steak sammitch for TroysBadDawg.......I can't wait to se the look on his face!!

TroysBadDawg
10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
I tried one of those salads at a bowling tournament in New Castle PA, Never heard of it before, they didn't have beer, had a cola, and italian dressing, it wasn't very good.

sorry.

stillers4me
10-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I tried one of those salads at a bowling tournament in New Castle PA, Never heard of it before, they didn't have beer, had a cola, and italian dressing, it wasn't very good.

sorry.

Somebody slap him.

I mean I like the guy basically.......but for this he just needs slapped. :dang:

TroysBadDawg
10-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok Ok it was my first time, and now I am not respected afterward. I see what they mean

Mosca
10-06-2007, 08:52 AM
It's a beautiful day here in NE PA, gonna be 85* today and 84* tomorrow, both projected record highs; I drove to work at 8AM with the top down. Awesome, awesome. Gotta love that global warming!

Tom

TroysBadDawg
10-06-2007, 08:58 AM
it is 68 here in Troy, Ohio Since I told where I live I guess I can say I am President of the Troy Area Browns Backers, and if they find out I am over here posting they may impeach me.

Although I doubt they will, I have tried to get someone to take over for me for a couple years now and can't find any one.

I must admit, the membrs here are freindlier than some of the ones that go to BW3's. they won't even talk to me, since I am a Browns fan. I think that is carry it a bit to far. But hey, if that is the way they want to be, so be it. They don't even know me. their loss.

stillers4me
10-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Ok Ok it was my first time, and now I am not respected afterward. I see what they mean

:wink02:

TroysBadDawg
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I am going to use your towell and wipe the tears that are running down my face..... from laughing.

Tankus_Maximus
10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
:yummy:

barkeep! i want 1 of those.... with beer. LOTS OF BEER!

Man, you guys make it hard for a guy to stay sober!

I'm just gonna have what the Padre's having.

rbryan
10-06-2007, 10:50 AM
it is 68 here in Troy, Ohio Since I told where I live I guess I can say I am President of the Troy Area Browns Backers, and if they find out I am over here posting they may impeach me.

Although I doubt they will, I have tried to get someone to take over for me for a couple years now and can't find any one.

I must admit, the membrs here are freindlier than some of the ones that go to BW3's. they won't even talk to me, since I am a Browns fan. I think that is carry it a bit to far. But hey, if that is the way they want to be, so be it. They don't even know me. their loss.

Good luck on Sunday. I am calling it now, the upset special of the week. Patsies go down to the Browns

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Hate to bring this back up, but......................

Why did litp choose here to “roost”? Somebody in one of these threads started searching for posts from him on other boards, and I decided to follow up, and it’s pretty interesting. I’m no Psychologist, but common sense and a little detective work paint a pretty convincing picture.

Livinginthepast is nobody, or, more accurately, he was nobody until he joined this board. There is a guy named Nigel ******** that lives in or around Luton, Bedfordshire, England, but he doesn’t really start to exist (at least according to Google searches) until he popped up on a Pats Board around early 2005. There are a couple guys with the same name in England and Scotland who have accomplished something noteworthy, but not our Nigel.

The persona “livinginthepast” was, as far as I can see, pretty much a creation for and of this board. Judging by his earliest posts at the Pats board (joined in July 05) and Cold Hard Facts (joined May 05), he knew very little about the American game of football other than that the Pats were winners. There were a lot of posts about English soccer, and some posts about football that were a bit forced and not very knowledgeable of the game. In fact, there are early posts where he is called out by others for not knowing players names, and a particular posts stands out where he misidentifies Randy Moss’ team as the Bills.

My best guess is that this is a foreign guy who watched a game or two of American football a year and decided a few years ago to be a little more involved. Naturally the Pats were the team that got the attention because they played in the Super Bowl, so he picked them. He started by joining a Pats board, but quickly realized that he wasn’t nearly knowledgeable enough to hang, so he needed an education. Since the Steelers were the unfortunate team who were repeatedly victimized during the time litp started getting serious about American football, he picked our board to join (joined July 05, same time as Pats Board) and learn the game. It was easy because he could watch and learn from people who knew football while maintaining an air of superiority (which we all know is very important to the guy) because of the simple fact that “his team” (and I use that term loosely since this is clearly bandwagoning) was, at the time, better than ours. It wasn’t enough to watch and read, he wanted to post and post from an arrogant position of authority, so he picked us. And post he did. My best guess is that he read SF and figured out what he didn't know, read the Pats board to figure out how to answer, then posted here until he gained the confidence to start answering things on his own.

Since there’s no doubt that he’s an intelligent guy, I’m guessing he figured he could be a small fish in a big pond on Pats boards (and Cold Hard Facts is a Pats board), or a really unique fish in a smaller pond by posting here. He probably quickly learned that nobody cares about an Englishman with an extremely limited knowledge of the game posting as a frontrunner on the board of a Super Bowl winner filled with frontrunning “fans”, so he chose a different path. He choose SF.

But contrary to what even he could have fathomed, SF is a really inclusive board, and he fit in better than he expected. So much so that he was picked to be a mod. But sometimes a wolf masquerades in sheep’s clothing, and sometimes it’s a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Either way, he became a big part of SF, and now he’s banned.

The last thing I wanted to point out was a contradiction (and the guy was, if nothing else, a walking contradiction). He posted here that he’d been a fan of the Pats since 1980 (which would have made him 4 years old, according to his profile if it is to be believed), which is extremely unlikely given where he’s from and the relative availability of the game in England. Yet, on the cold hard facts website, one of his early posts was:

“I am in the UK - and have followed the downs, further downs and meteorical ups of the Patriots franchise since 86/87 - when we used to get NFL on free-2-air terrestrial TV.”

1980 isn't 1987, and I'm guessing much of what this guy said was similarly fabricated. He's probably a Pats fan circa 2003.

I don’t know why I spent so much time on this, but I thought it was important. I know people have been banned from this site because of the guy, and I think people always wondered why he posted so much here since he was a Pats fan. Maybe this helps.

83-Steelers-43
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM

Why did litp choose here to “roost”? Somebody in one of these threads started searching for posts from him on other boards, and I decided to follow up, and it’s pretty interesting. I’m no Psychologist, but common sense and a little detective work paint a pretty convincing picture.

Livinginthepast is nobody, or, more accurately, he was nobody until he joined this board. There is a guy named Nigel ******** that lives in or around Luton, Bedfordshire, England, but he doesn’t really start to exist (at least according to Google searches) until he popped up on a Pats Board around early 2005. There are a couple guys with the same name in England and Scotland who have accomplished something noteworthy, but not our Nigel.

The persona “livinginthepast” was, as far as I can see, pretty much a creation for and of this board. Judging by his earliest posts at the Pats board (joined in July 05) and Cold Hard Facts (joined May 05), he knew very little about the American game of football other than that the Pats were winners. There were a lot of posts about English soccer, and some posts about football that were a bit forced and not very knowledgeable of the game. In fact, there are early posts where he is called out by others for not knowing players names, and a particular posts stands out where he misidentifies Randy Moss’ team as the Bills.

My best guess is that this is a foreign guy who watched a game or two of American football a year and decided a few years ago to be a little more involved. Naturally the Pats were the team that got the attention because they played in the Super Bowl, so he picked them. He started by joining a Pats board, but quickly realized that he wasn’t nearly knowledgeable enough to hang, so he needed an education. Since the Steelers were the unfortunate team who were repeatedly victimized during the time litp started getting serious about American football, he picked our board to join (joined July 05, same time as Pats Board) and learn the game. It was easy because he could watch and learn from people who knew football while maintaining an air of superiority (which we all know is very important to the guy) because of the simple fact that “his team” (and I use that term loosely since this is clearly bandwagoning) was, at the time, better than ours. It wasn’t enough to watch and read, he wanted to post and post from an arrogant position of authority, so he picked us. And post he did. My best guess is that he read SF and figured out what he didn't know, read the Pats board to figure out how to answer, then posted here until he gained the confidence to start answering things on his own.

Since there’s no doubt that he’s an intelligent guy, I’m guessing he figured he could be a small fish in a big pond on Pats boards (and Cold Hard Facts is a Pats board), or a really unique fish in a smaller pond by posting here. He probably quickly learned that nobody cares about an Englishman with an extremely limited knowledge of the game posting as a frontrunner on the board of a Super Bowl winner filled with frontrunning “fans”, so he chose a different path. He choose SF.

But contrary to what even he could have fathomed, SF is a really inclusive board, and he fit in better than he expected. So much so that he was picked to be a mod. But sometimes a wolf masquerades in sheep’s clothing, and sometimes it’s a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Either way, he became a big part of SF, and now he’s banned.

The last thing I wanted to point out was a contradiction (and the guy was, if nothing else, a walking contradiction). He posted here that he’d been a fan of the Pats since 1980 (which would have made him 4 years old, according to his profile if it is to be believed), which is extremely unlikely given where he’s from and the relative availability of the game in England. Yet, on the cold hard facts website, one of his early posts was:

“I am in the UK - and have followed the downs, further downs and meteorical ups of the Patriots franchise since 86/87 - when we used to get NFL on free-2-air terrestrial TV.”

1980 isn't 1987, and I'm guessing much of what this guy said was similarly fabricated. He's probably a Pats fan circa 2003.

I don’t know why I spent so much time on this, but I thought it was important. I know people have been banned from this site because of the guy, and I think people always wondered why he posted so much here since he was a Pats fan. Maybe this helps.

Damn, now that's what I call doing your homework.....:toofunny:

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I just finished what others started.

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
:tt02: I read alot of the posts but not all of them. I have no problem having fun lively debates and friendly rivalries, but sometimes lines are crossed and I think he could have tried harder not to offend. My family are Eagle fans and we have many lively debates, but it's with respect and fun :cheers: to all fans who want to post with that in mind. We are all grwn ups and we can take some but all in:helmet: jest.

Mosca
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Why did LITP post here? One reason. And it's worth reposting...

http://www.wondermark.com/comics/338.gif

ShutDown24
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM

The only other board I found that he ever posted on besides here was Browns 24.7... I said something similar to that in the topic which got him banned actually. Although I added a lot more flame into it lol.

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
litp is still the commish of my SF fantasy team.

I hope there are no repercussions.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I am not sure why we are still discussing this.

There has been many others that have been banned.

Trust the mods.

Let's move on.

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I am not sure why we are still discussing this.

There has been many others that have been banned.

Trust the mods.

Let's move on.

The voice of reason and logic. We "disappear" a person, so it's best just to move on. Nothing to see here , people...

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
The voice of reason and logic. We "disappear" a person, so it's best just to move on. Nothing to see here , people...

Especially in this case..

there have been literally HUNDREDS... if not THOUSANDS of posts dedicated to this guy.

now, he is banned. You can bet he is probably still lurking... just to see if people are still talking about him.

There are a lot more happy things we can talk about today.

The Duke
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
litp is still the commish of my SF fantasy team.

I hope there are no repercussions.

that means we have to beat him no matter what :wave:

just kidding, it's just a game

I didn't know much of Nigel, but I'll just trust the general opinion here. One thing I know is that since the last few weeks, especially since last sunday, he had been acting really different than what I've always seen him. I do know that the board has to move on.

just my two cents. :cheers:

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
My win stood this week with no manipulation or anything, so life in fantasy football land is good.

SteelerFanInCA
10-09-2007, 02:52 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Tankus_Maximus
10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
SCOREBOARD!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2007, 06:30 PM
he knew very little about the American game of football other than that the Pats were winners. There were a lot of posts about English soccer, and some posts about football that were a bit forced and not very knowledgeable of the game.

.:busted::busted: i cracked this case awhile ago....

whats really cute is the way you mimic being a patriot bandwagon fan. oh wait ...i forgot you hopped on thier wagon, because they have ..."england" ...in thier name...i'm sure it had nothing to do with them winning superbowls about the time you decided to take an interest in the nfl. ( which was what 4,5,6 years ago?) i guess you had to do a lot of reading and studying up on the game to figure it all out. but it sure has paid off !!! you've got to be the most football savvy person on the planet. hell, i'd even go so far as to say if you had ever touched a football (not the round version) or even played the game (even at an unorganized level ), you could be the greatest coach of all time !!! that gives me an idea !!! i'm gonna read up on soccer...pick the most recent champion ....get on a european message board of an imposing team...and spew all of my new found knowledge ,and pass it off as original thought !!! they'll have no choice but to admire and respect me....

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19358&page=4

actually preach, i think his pompous, arrogant attitude, and attempts to pass himself off as a superior intellect, are direct results of an inferior complex.it could be that he hails from a country that is viewed around the world ,as our, "lap dog", is the root cause. psychology 101

revefsreleets
10-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Yup. I tried to be a little more subtle, but the analysis is definitely about the same.

It's time to move on now, though. I kind of wish I'd have not gotten so interested in this particular subject.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
At first I thought it was wierd that a Patriot fan was posting here.

Then I found it wierd that he joined in the pinnacle of the Patriot's success and that he was from England where many people get all pissy when we call their version of football "soccer".

He got a lot of people banned due to his pompous jerky attitude. I thought that when he was a moderator he kind of went overboard. Her personally attacked Suitanim (now banned) many times and would then complain when Suitanim responded likewise.

However, through all that I still liked the guy. I mean, if I was stuck in a room with him I would have probally hit him. But from an internet standpoint, he wasn't the worst I had ever dealt with. He did seem to have football knoledge (even if it only went back as 2001) and was funny at times. He was able to take a joke and take the prodding that a fan of a rival fan gets here.

Until the last few months. The last few months he changed from the jerkoff Pats fan that was still fun to have around to the jerkoff Pats fan that we all started getting sick of. His posts started to become all negative, he was bashing everything Steelers. He was basicly doing his best to piss everyone off.

I think it hit his peak when Spygate happened. I think that knocked him off of the soap box he had been standing on since joining this site. All the "knoledge", all his "the Patriot way" garbage, all his "the Patriots do everything the right way" crapola went down the toilet.

I have no problem with el douchebag being banned. His posts and what I was perceiving as the lack of moderator restraint on them were starting to drive me away from the site. I am glad it didn't because I would have missed you guys.

Tankus_Maximus
10-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I agree with ya RoethlisBURGHer, I also stayed away from this site while that jerk was a moderator.

Preacher
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
With all due respect to everyone....

http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

HometownGal
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
His posts and what I was perceiving as the lack of moderator restraint on them were starting to drive me away from the site. I am glad it didn't because I would have missed you guys.

If you are referring to when LITP was a Mod, a Mod cannot ban another Mod - the Admin is the only person who can do that.

About a month or so ago, we decided to open up the Blast Furnace a bit more and let a lot more go. 99.9% of Niiiiiiiiiiigel's "bow to the Pats altar" and anti-Steelers posts were made in the BF, so we didn't see the need to take any action. When he decided to cross the line, the SF bouncers showed him the door.

I'm glad to see you back Roeth and look forward to many, many more of your well written posts! :cheers:

revefsreleets
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
At first I thought it was wierd that a Patriot fan was posting here.

Then I found it wierd that he joined in the pinnacle of the Patriot's success and that he was from England where many people get all pissy when we call their version of football "soccer".

He got a lot of people banned due to his pompous jerky attitude. I thought that when he was a moderator he kind of went overboard. Her personally attacked Suitanim (now banned) many times and would then complain when Suitanim responded likewise.

However, through all that I still liked the guy. I mean, if I was stuck in a room with him I would have probally hit him. But from an internet standpoint, he wasn't the worst I had ever dealt with. He did seem to have football knoledge (even if it only went back as 2001) and was funny at times. He was able to take a joke and take the prodding that a fan of a rival fan gets here.

Until the last few months. The last few months he changed from the jerkoff Pats fan that was still fun to have around to the jerkoff Pats fan that we all started getting sick of. His posts started to become all negative, he was bashing everything Steelers. He was basicly doing his best to piss everyone off.

I think it hit his peak when Spygate happened. I think that knocked him off of the soap box he had been standing on since joining this site. All the "knoledge", all his "the Patriot way" garbage, all his "the Patriots do everything the right way" crapola went down the toilet.

I have no problem with el douchebag being banned. His posts and what I was perceiving as the lack of moderator restraint on them were starting to drive me away from the site. I am glad it didn't because I would have missed you guys.

Your post was a little uneven. It sounds like you are saying that you like the guy and hate him at the same time.

As for Suitanim, he was pretty funny, but but he could be a little over the top at times. I think he had an agenda though, and he suicided himself to accomplish it. I wonder what he would think about all this now?