PDA

View Full Version : Oh wow; my doctor died last night.

Mosca
10-07-2007, 02:23 PM
He was only 47. I called his office for an appointment on Monday, and they said he was sick but I could have an appointment Tuesday. On Tuesday I called, and he was in the hospital. Then yesterday he had internal bleeding, and he died in the ambulance while they were transferring him to Philadelphia.

So, I cry for him and his family. He was a really good guy, a friend, and a really good doctor.

Tom

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey man I'm really sorry for your loss. There were no smilies to express my sorrow for you and for his family, take care ! I was going to put a group hug, but didn't know if it was appropriate.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
He was only 47. I called his office for an appointment on Monday, and they said he was sick but I could have an appointment Tuesday. On Tuesday I called, and he was in the hospital. Then yesterday he had internal bleeding, and he died in the ambulance while they were transferring him to Philadelphia.

So, I cry for him and his family. He was a really good guy, a friend, and a really good doctor.

Tom

Wow... God bless his family.

Hope you are doing ok with it. It sure is funny how a guy that you never want to see can become someone you enjoy when you do have to see him.

SteelCityMan786
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

HometownGal
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Tom - I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how devastated I would be if I lost any of my docs, especially my ENT doctor who has become a very dear and close friend. He saved my life almost 6 years ago and is one of the most kind, empathetic human beings I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. You hear so many horror stories about docs who are only after the almighty dollar and don't give a hoot about their patients but rarely hear about those who chose that profession because they truly care and want to help people.

I will say a prayer for your doctor tonight that he is resting in peace in God's Kingdom.

polamalufan43
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Wow, that's not something anyone should have to go through. Prayers to his family.

~PF43:tt02:

Mosca
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll be fine. Jerry saw me through a heart attack, bypass surgery, cancer, diabetes, cervical stenosis, and chronic kidney stones, among other things. But someone will take over his caseload, and me. I lost my friend and confidante, but I'll be OK.

Pray for his family, his wife and his children. They need the help. He was a really really good guy.

Tom

HometownGal
10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll be fine. Jerry saw me through a heart attack, bypass surgery, cancer, diabetes, cervical stenosis, and chronic kidney stones, among other things. But someone will take over his caseload, and me. I lost my friend and confidante, but I'll be OK.

Pray for his family, his wife and his children. They need the help. He was a really really good guy.

Tom

Wow Tom - you have been through a lot in your life. Kudos to you for seeming to maintain that positive outlook and 'tude! :cheers:

I will definitely keep your doc and his family in my prayers.

Mosca
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Here is a link to his obituary (http://www.legacy.com/TimesLeader/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=95784169), and the guestbook. He was truly loved by many.

Life seem so constant, so sure and confident; but life is fragile.

Tom

PAMillerGrrl83
10-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'll keep his family in my prayers. My endocrinologist died of a heart attack a few years ago and left behind two very small twins. So I know what your goin through.