PDA

View Full Version : Bye week couldn't come at a better time....

FastWillieParker39
10-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm really glad that we have a bye week next week. That'll let Polamalu, Holmes, Ward, Hampton and McFadden get healthy.

Even though we won't be able to see our Steelers next week, atleast our players will be able to heal and we'll have two weeks to prepare for Denver. We really need those guys to play against the Broncos. Espically since it's in Denver, and at night.

So I'm really happy that the bye week is next week and all our players will get back to 100% to rip open the Broncos!!:tt02::tt02:

fansince'76
10-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Earlier in the year I was a little upset at the fairly early bye, but seeing how things have played out, I am glad we have our bye next week.

Big D
10-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I think we can feel pretty damn good going into the bye week at 4-1. The bye week also comes at a good time to let some of our key players heel from injury. It also helps the first game after the bye is a week broncos team, but after that we will be challenged with the bungles,ravens and new england. I dont think a 12-4 or 11-5 season is out of the question.

steelpride12
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
No doubt now we can rest everyone and hopefully have a perfectly healthy team going into Denver!

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I am not as worried about the Bronco's now. We can run... run... run... on them. I am actually hoping for Willie to have a 200 yard game against the Broncos.

Quasar
10-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Chargers 41, Broncos 3. In Denver. Nah, I'm not too worried about Denver either.

FSUBoo
10-08-2007, 03:07 AM
You should expect an early bye week. We've had one of the earliest ones each of the last few seasons.

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Apparently Tomlin thinks it may be a good time for a break

"We're five games into the football season. We played five preseason games. Do the math. Anybody who feels good right now is an alien.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/07/mmqb.week5/3.html

HometownGal
10-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Earlier in the year I was a little upset at the fairly early bye, but seeing how things have played out, I am glad we have our bye next week.

I agree. This bye couldn't have come at a better time. :thumbsup:

atrus20
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
A well deserved break after what has been a long football season so far. Take a nice rest boys you earned it!

RoethlisBURGHer
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Apparently Tomlin thinks it may be a good time for a break

"We're five games into the football season. We played five preseason games. Do the math. Anybody who feels good right now is an alien.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/07/mmqb.week5/3.html

I am loving this coach more and more every week.

The Broncos don't scare me and the Bengals are a freaking joke. I am not afraid of a putrid Ravens team. The only team coming up immediatly after the bye week that I have a fear of is the Patriots...bu seeing how close the Browns kept it through most of the game, I think we can beat them to.

verks36
10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
As said before the broncos are going to be no match for us plus probbly travis henery will be susupened by then. it is always nice going into the bye week with a big win. It should give us ample time for all our players to come back which is good but are D was rolling last week I just dont want that fire to go out

klick81
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Yep, with the number of players injured, this is a perfect time for the bye. Get some rest guys!

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I am loving this coach more and more every week.

The Broncos don't scare me and the Bengals are a freaking joke. I am not afraid of a putrid Ravens team. The only team coming up immediatly after the bye week that I have a fear of is the Patriots...bu seeing how close the Browns kept it through most of the game, I think we can beat them to.

With the Broncos also having a bye they will be fired up after that embarassment
yesterday - IMO these next 3 games are the most important stretch of the season

TackleMeBen
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
A well deserved break after what has been a long football season so far. Take a nice rest boys you earned it!

i doubt tomlin will give them a nice rest. i am sure he will make sure they are practicing and working hard so they dont get caught again like in the AZ game.

Quasar
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
With the Broncos also having a bye they will be fired up after that embarassment

I dunno, with the Broncos also having a bye, they have 2 weeks to dwell on how they got crushed at home, 41-3, by a division opponent. In the meantime, the Steelers have 2 weeks to build on confidence gained by thrashing the Seahawks. The Broncos also just lost their starting center for the season, who would have played against Casey Hampton's probable return.

stillers4me
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm really, really, grateful we have two weeks for the guys to heal. Knowling Tomlin, though, there won't be much rest!!

I agree.........Denver has two weeks for that humiliating loss to stew in their heads. Look what happened to the Steelers after going down to Zona. While I think this Steeler team is perfectly capable of winning each and every one of our remaining games (including NE), I don't take any game for granted and Tomlin won't either.

I hope he has a guy sitting there every single week, watching the tapes of the Patriots games and dissecting the plays so we can stomp on them in their own house. The Patsies are in for a surprise.......... and if they win, it won't be easy.

Edman
10-08-2007, 08:48 PM
If the Steelers don't commit a shitload of turnovers, they beat the Donkeys.

Same with the Bungles. The only way the Steelers lose is hand over the game to Cincy like last year.

The Ravens are the only game that worries me. The Ravens' always play the Steelers tough even when they suck.

FastWillieParker39
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
The Ravens are the only game that worries me. The Ravens' always play the Steelers tough even when they suck.

Agreed. They almost beat us in our SB year at home as well, they are no slouch. Also, remember what they did to us last year *shivers*

Preacher
10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
If the Steelers don't commit a shitload of turnovers, they beat the Donkeys.

Same with the Bungles. The only way the Steelers lose is hand over the game to Cincy like last year.

I hope so...

Cause I am going to be there... and want to feel the anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jman
10-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Good stuff indeed. I'm happy that the Steelers get a chance to rest. :)

Preacher
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I am just thinking how nice it will be to have our players come out in week 6 healthy!!

Preacher
10-08-2007, 10:35 PM
WHAT A RUN <------------------ Sorry.. wrong thread!! LOL Belonds in the MNF thread!

moedap
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
I wouldnt take Denver too lightly coming out of the BYE. The past 5 years we are 3-2 in the games following a bye week with all of the games being tight. I like our chances but if the players start thinking we are going to kill Denver because of how Denver has played this year they might get there arses handed to them in the Mile High.

wadester47
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
i will take it see you all in denver( but man do bye weeks suck)