PDA

View Full Version : The good thing about the injuries...

Infamix
10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Now that some of our backups stepped up and played well, our depth has more legitimacy, which is HUGE down the road. Awesome win.

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM
The queen is pleased. (that's me, BTW) :wink02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
The DB's really stepped it up today and Chris Hoke played well in the absence of Big Snack. Loved seeing how deep we are at these positions.

jjpro11
10-07-2007, 08:14 PM
i want to see reid dress for every game.. i know he only caught one ball, but he has made nice plays after the catch on all 3 receptions he's had this season. the guy can move.

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 08:14 PM
:cheers: That's what I love about the steelers. No matter how we lose players through free agency, injuries, etc we always find guys ready to step in and up. I think that shows great leadership all around. Steelers always rebound just look at their history and that will show their future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:tt02:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I agree. It sure is nice to see our backups playing this well.

HometownGal
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Now that some of our backups stepped up and played well, our depth has more legitimacy, which is HUGE down the road. Awesome win.

I must confess that I was a little antsy going into that game without Hines, Santo, Troy, B-Mac and Big Snack, but the subs far surpassed my expectations and did a damned good job. :thumbsup: I was a little worried about Cedric in the first half, but he stepped up his play, got his head in the game and earned my kudos! :cheers:

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2007, 08:25 PM
i want to see reid dress for every game.. i know he only caught one ball, but he has made nice plays after the catch on all 3 receptions he's had this season. the guy can move.

I would like to see Reid get another shot at punt returns - not turning it over is job #1 (and Rossum tried to screw that up at the goal line today) but we are getting zilch out of punt returns right now (which is why the Falcons were not big on Rossum this year)

But I do not see where Reid fits on the game day squad when Ward heals

Preacher
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I would like to see Reid get another shot at punt returns - not turning it over is job #1 (and Rossum tried to screw that up at the goal line today) but we are getting zilch out of punt returns right now (which is why the Falcons were not big on Rossum this year)

But I do not see where Reid fits on the game day squad when Ward heals

yeah..

WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT TODAY?

I was just stunned!!

klick81
10-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Yep, VERY pleased with our back-ups today. And yeah...WHAT THE HELL was Rossum doing trying to touch the ball at the one yard line?!?!

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Its easier to prepare with the back ups, when you know the starters are out, so not having Hampton and Troy, we were able to game plan for the back ups, now, with Holmes not playing at the last minute, our receivers came up big time, which, about time, first time I saw Wilson do anything all year, and it was just when we needed it.

So hats off to the receivers, to the O-line and to Najeh for having a good game when there are issues off the field he is apparently dealing with...hope that works out, hate to see any of our guys getting into trouble.

polamalufan43
10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I didn't know what to think of what would happen today. But, by the 1st half of the 1st quarter, I felt alot better. Good to know our team is in good hands in the way of depth.

~PF43:tt02:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
I didn't know what to think of what would happen today. But, by the 1st half of the 1st quarter, I felt alot better. Good to know our team is in good hands in the way of depth.

~PF43:tt02:

I just keep coming back to the idea of the Tomlin taking care of business.

So nice.

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I just keep coming back to the idea of the Tomlin taking care of business.

So nice.

I wonder if Tomlin will get nominated again for Coach of the Week. :tt02:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 09:17 PM

I'll guarantee you neither Romeo Crennel nor the Walrus will be!

:sofunny:

HometownGal
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM

He should, but I'm biased. :wink02: It probably will go to Norv Turner for the ass kicking the Bolts laid on the Broncs this afternoon in Denver.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
He should, but I'm biased. :wink02: It probably will go to Norv Turner for the ass kicking the Bolts laid on the Broncs this afternoon in Denver.

Yep...

and with their start to the year... it may be hard to argue as well.