PDA

View Full Version : Not Impressed With the Patriots

tony hipchest
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
congrats to the browns for another good showing

once again the patriots run up the score on one of the biggest bitches in the nfl. Despite the most homeristic of patfans thinking the browns are the worst team in the nfl, the afc north representative, proves to be the toughest opposition NE has faced to this point.

but i cant be too hard on the patriots. they did win a game much closer than the score indicated, without the benefit of any recent video footage of the browns to study. :cheers: (to win w/o cheating has got to feel like quite an accomlishment :thumbsup:

although d. anderson is a scrub on "the worst team in the nfl", the patriots only had a few games of film on him to look at for legitimat and legal film study. if the patriots have to face the browns in the playoffs i think they have earned themselves an edge in confidence..

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
:tt02: Do the Pats play the Colts in reg season? If not who can beat them I want them to get spanked. I Know Brady is a good QB, But so What! Cheaters know best!:helmet: They do have an awesome team, bit SO DO WE where is our spotlight:cheers:

fansince'76
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM
:tt02: Do the Pats play the Colts in reg season? If not who can beat them I want them to get spanked. I Know Brady is a good QB, But so What! Cheaters know best!:helmet: They do have an awesome team, bit SO DO WE where is our spotlight:cheers:

I think the Cowboys are more than capable of beating them next week, especially as the game is in Dallas. And yes, they play the Colts in Indy on November 4.

The Duke
10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Someone will beat them. Most likely the colts cowboys or the steelers. I really thought the brownies had a chance

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks appreciate the heads up. Go Dallas! Are you going to the Denver game? I see you live in Denver. How is it to live there. In about 4 years my son grad and I'm moving out that way, not sure exactly where in Col. yet, but I can't wait!:cheers: to you really enjoy your posts!

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I was at the sports bar and found a nice corner with the Browns game right next to the Steelers game, and here is my assessment:

The Browns provided us the gameplan to beat the Pats today. Even though Lewis was injured early, the Pats defense is weak against a determined running team. The Browns 2nd string RB was able to get chunks at a time against the Pats D. Credit the Browns for not panicking like the awful teams the Pats have beaten who abandoned the run.

The Browns also committed to putting pressure on Brady, and it worked. The problem is that they lack the talent to both pressure and cover receivers, but they forced Brady into some throwaways and hurries.

The Steelers can execute this same gameplan way better than the Browns. I'm optimistic about the impending showdown later this year.

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I was at the sports bar and found a nice corner with the Browns game right next to the Steelers game, and here is my assessment:

The Browns provided us the gameplan to beat the Pats today. Even though Lewis was injured early, the Pats defense is weak against a determined running team. The Browns 2nd string RB was able to get chunks at a time against the Pats D. Credit the Browns for not panicking like the awful teams the Pats have beaten who abandoned the run.

The Browns also committed to putting pressure on Brady, and it worked. The problem is that they lack the talent to both pressure and cover receivers, but they forced Brady into some throwaways and hurries.

The Steelers can execute this same gameplan way better than the Browns. I'm optimistic about the impending showdown later this year.
I agree ,:cheers: with our defense and by Dec we should be in great shape, fingers crossed. We can even beat them without the cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Big D
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
it's not as fun to talk sh!t about the pattys without litp shooting his b.s. I watched a part of this game and it shouldnt have even been as close as what the game was.

tony hipchest
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
it's not as fun to talk sh!t about the pattys without litp shooting his b.s. I watched a part of this game and it shouldnt have even been as close as what the game was.
screw litp. who the hell is he? this thread is just as good and as fun without him.

in the meantime let the patriots ballwashing continue:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ballwasher1.jpg

woohooo! they piled up 30+ points on the browns :cheer:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:04 PM
screw litp. who the hell is he? this thread is just as good and as fun without him.

in the meantime let the patriots ballwashing continue:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ballwasher1.jpg

woohooo! they piled up 30+ points on the browns :cheer:

Wow. I guess we know how TH feels! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow. I guess we know how TH feels! :sofunny:
maybe not. i feel we sould be able to talk about anything football related w/o having to tiptoe or base our talk around 1 single (non steelerfan) poster.

the colts, patriots, packers, and cowboys will all have their balls gently massaged and hummed upon by the media. all of them are fair game in my book (especially those who have had to rely on cheating).

patriots have faced cupcake cometition and had to leave in their starters to pile on the points on their opposition.

im still not impressed (woohooo they went undefeated in their pre season)

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
maybe not. i feel we sould be able to talk about anything football related w/o having to tiptoe or base our talk around 1 single (non steelerfan) poster.

the colts, patriots, packers, and cowboys will all have their balls gently massaged and hummed upon by the media. all of them are fair game in my book (especially those who have had to rely on cheating).

patriots have faced cupcake cometition and had to leave in their starters to pile on the points on their opposition.

im still not impressed (woohooo they went undefeated in their pre season)

Hey... not saying I don't agree...

Actually, I completely agree. I was just chuckling at the way it was shared!

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
They will lose in Indy

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
The Browns played almost well enough to win today, and anyone who tells you differently didn't see the game. The difference? Derek Anderson was nervous and throwing inconsistently. His 3 first half INT's hurt a lot.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
They will lose in Indy

I think they will lose in Indy, they will lose against us at home, and they will even lose one more game.

I do have a feeling that we will see them again however... AFCCG? I hope so. We NEED to beat them in the AFCCG to put all that stuff behind us.

steelforce95
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
The higher up they go the more their nose bleeds and the harder they fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dang::tt02::cheers: to us baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

steelpride12
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I think when we play them it will be a very hard tough fought out game with our defense stepping up and it will be 31-28 us!

dragtruk
10-08-2007, 02:33 PM
My signature says it all about those f*cking Patsies. I saw the whole game, since it was the only one on up in this God forsaken dirt road abyss know as New England. The Pats did show weaknesses this week. The one thing about them though is that BB finds those weaknesses and corrects them in a week. Do what the Pats do, cheap shot Brady when noones looking. Think Wilfork, Harrison and Samuel don't do it? Look again closer. Start hitting the prima donnas as cheap as they do everyone else.

TroysBadDawg
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I believe that if they were not babying Quinn, and would have played him, we could have won that game if he is half of what he is sold as being. And maybe that is the problem, they are finding out he isn't the goods that Savage thought he was when he traded away out 1st round draft pick next year for him. Only time will tell, but I am tired of seeing parked on the bench. You never know how a shoe fits unless you try it on, and walk around in it a little.

augustashark
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
It's no secret that a 3-4 zone blitzing D is the way to beat NE. The Browns run a version of this, but not having the talent in the DB's is what hurt them. Indy plays that 4-3 two deep, and I think that they will struggle with NE's passing game. Indy can beat them though, the game is at Indy and Indy's O can score with anyone.

I agree with you TH, I'm not impressed either.

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I am impressed with them - I just hate them

Looking waaaaay down the road, the #3 and #4 playoff seeds (IMO that will be the Steelers and Chargers) will probably need to win at Indy and at New England to make the SB - no easy task

Of course in recent years at least 1 of the top 2 AFC seeds has lost a home playoff game so it certainly is not impossible.for someone other than the Pats or Indy to be in Arizona in February - it will take ball control and tough D

Preacher
10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
I am impressed with them - I just hate them

Looking waaaaay down the road, the #3 and #4 playoff seeds (IMO that will be the Steelers and Chargers) will probably need to win at Indy and at New England to make the SB - no easy task

Of course in recent years at least 1 of the top 2 AFC seeds has lost a home playoff game so it certainly is not impossible.for someone other than the Pats or Indy to be in Arizona in February - it will take ball control and tough D

I am not so sure they will be the #1 and #2 seeds. They play each other, the Steelers play NE, Dallas plays NE, the Colts play NE.

The Colts play San Deigo, which would be their own really tough game. I could really see the Colts as number 1, Steelers as number 2, Pats as 3, and Chargers as 4.