PDA

View Full Version : And SB XL Questions Can Be Put To Rest

tony hipchest
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
the rematch/grudgematch showed seattle with a stronger secondary and LB corps, upgrades at the WR and TE position , and the emotional motivation clearly on its side.

steelers entered the match minus its 2 most important pro bowl defenders, bryant mcfadden, and its best 2 WR's. randle el was busy putting up 100 yds for washington. we'll hear from jerome bettis tonight in the studio. porter was nowhere to be seen.

is there any suprise that the steelers scored another 21 offensive points once again in the rematch?

the seahawks are who we thought they were, and seattle is left knowing that the steelers are what they knew we were (their sb masters).

and now we know how a tomlin led team responds to diversity after a loss. hopefully steelerfans can put that little dilemma and question to rest. (i doubt it, were still in the "2nd preseason" portion of our schedule. the true test lies with the bungles and denver :rolleyes:)

Big D
10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I think the obvious differnce of this game and the superbowl is bens maturity. I cant wait to hear what holmgren has to say during his press conference

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 05:32 PM
A-ben!! :tt02:

delhess
10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
not only did the steelers outscore them, the did it with one hand tied behind their back!

redst3
10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Well at least Crybaby Holmgren shook the coaches hand this time.

Infamix
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
fire tomlin!

Newzfoxjr
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Man, I loved this game, especially since it's the first live Steelers game I got to see this season. I can't believe we were minus Holmes, Ward, Polamalu and Hampton, and we still shut them out. I loved what I saw from Ben, Willie, and Najeh. We're looking good. After the bye-week we should have all of our injured back, so, man, I like how it's going right now.

touchdownward
10-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought Ced Wilson stepped up today with some clutch catches 5 for 69 (had a big one wipe out because of a penalty).
Heath Miller was solid as always.

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
The Steelers own the Seahags.....and the Bengals still suck.

ahhhhhhhhh......yes.

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
It's important to note that the refs made 3 bad calls in a row against the Steelers. There were 3 flags on that first drive in the second half, all for holding, all bullshit, and all were overcome by the Steelers. It was an 8 minute drive of 110 yards for a TD against both the Seahawks defense AND the refs.

Quality teams play through and overcome adversity.

steelpride12
10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
bout time they shut up!

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
fire tomlin!

SMACK!!

:sofunny::sofunny:

MJ5150
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I work in an office FULL of Seahawk fans. This victory is oh so sweet for me. I've been listening to crap from Seahawk fans since the 2007 schedule came out.

Now I can go to work in the morning, and not be bothered with any trash talking Scoobyhawk fans. I'm debating if I am going to start running my mouth, or just go about my work in silence knowing that everyone of them will be trying to avoid me and waiting for me to say something. Hehehe! :)

-Mike

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I work in an office FULL of Seahawk fans. This victory is oh so sweet for me. I've been listening to crap from Seahawk fans since the 2007 schedule came out.

Now I can go to work in the morning, and not be bothered with any trash talking Scoobyhawk fans. I'm debating if I am going to start running my mouth, or just go about my work in silence knowing that everyone of them will be trying to avoid me and waiting for me to say something. Hehehe! :)

-Mike

Story of my life here in Shitzinatti. Sometimes just snide smile is oh so sweet. Funny how quiet they are when they realize how bad the suck.

I.C. Lights
10-07-2007, 07:55 PM

-Mike

Mike, you have my deepest sympathies; hopefully now you will take a little time to rub this in their face. After the superbowl, a bunch of minions from hell masquerading as seahawk fans came to this forum and started harrassing all of us. Funny how that didn't change the superbowl... and even funnier now that it appears we own them.

I've since learned that not all seahawk fans are whiners, but there is simply nothing to whine about after this game. :helmet: Yeah!

NV STEELERS 723
10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I thought Ced Wilson stepped up today with some clutch catches 5 for 69 (had a big one wipe out because of a penalty).
Heath Miller was solid as always.

Yes...some love for Ced... I thought too he played well... he had a hold that brought back a big gain, but Big Ben went right to him as if to say " redeem yourself"! And he did w/ a nice catch and gain...

All of us can say here how we don't like Ced, but I think he's a pretty good WR.. And I think Ben has a lot of confidence in him...

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Mike, you have my deepest sympathies; hopefully now you will take a little time to rub this in their face. After the superbowl, a bunch of minions from hell masquerading as seahawk fans came to this forum and started harrassing all of us. Funny how that didn't change the superbowl... and even funnier now that it appears we own them.

I've since learned that not all seahawk fans are whiners, but there is simply nothing to whine about after this game. :helmet: Yeah!

Dang...

You have been gone a while... welcome back.

I am very happy.. a number of my friends are Seahack fans. Sure is nice to see us take care of them.

I.C. Lights
10-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks Preacher!

It's nice to be remembered. I don't get to post very often, but I'll always come back to SF for all things stillers. :cheers:

Stlrs4Life
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Nice post tony. My brother was joking around in the 3rd Qtr. on our long drive after a few penalties, and he said, "Maybe the refs are getting us back for the SB." The one holding call on Heath looked awfully iffy.

jjpro11
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
to hell with the seahawks... let them cry by themselves, nobody will listen anymore. the rematch is over and we killed them. our rivals are each team in the afc north and probably the pats. the seahawks are just another team from the nfc from here on out.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 10:08 PM
to hell with the seahawks... let them cry by themselves, nobody will listen anymore. the rematch is over and we killed them. our rivals are each team in the afc north and probably the pats. the seahawks are just another team from the nfc from here on out.

Very true...

Which makes me happy, because it means I can go back to cheering for them again in the NFC!

:sofunny:

polamalufan43
10-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, at least they'll have something else to cry about until the next time we play them.
I had a party over here for the game and when we won, believe me, we were celebrating.
For now, I have 2 words for Seattle.
CHEAT THIS

Oh, and...

HAVE A NICE DAY

Ok, back to things that matter, like those damn Bengals lol.

~PF43:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
My lady said it before the game..."the seabitches? we'll kill them" and 21-0 later...game, set, shut your mouth, match...

Loved it, loved it, with one hand tied behind the back, with refs making calls against us, we still DOMINATED and DESTROYED that weak ass team.

Go Cardinals, hope they win the NFC West and put the entire Seattle Myth to bed or at least the way of Bigfoot....are they real? are they not? you decide...

GutterflowerSteel
10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
What a statement game. Coach T challenged them to all step up, and they exceeded expectations with a SHUTOUT! He's got a good rapport with this team, and it shows. What a difference a year makes! We're getting back a little of our swagger :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I think part of it, is the "attitude" is gone...and the "confidence" has returned...

that is the biggest difference in what I see.

Steel Warrior
10-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, that's kinda of it for all the whining seahag fans. Oops, you didn't even score a friggin point this time! We own you, get use to it. :banana:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, at least they'll have something else to cry about until the next time we play them.
I had a party over here for the game and when we won, believe me, we were celebrating.
For now, I have 2 words for Seattle.
CHEAT THIS

Oh, and...

HAVE A NICE DAY

Ok, back to things that matter, like those damn Bengals lol.

~PF43:tt02:

Nope... actually, it is the Ravens and Browns that matter right now! Dang.. who would have thought that the Browns would be one game out of second place?

MJ5150
10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, it was quiet at work this morning. Not one person who came by to trash talk me all last week has come by my desk to offer up a "good game". I've been going back and forth to the break room all morning, but I think everyone is hiding from me. That's fine, they know what happened. It's comical that everyone is avoiding me.

I'm listening to the local sports radio station. For the most part, they've been cool about the game. A few guys have laid out the typical..."in a 16 game season, you're bound to have a game like this". No one has really come out and said the Steelers completely dominated. I think they are in denial somewhat.

There might be someone from the radio station checking out our website. He keeps referencing articles that are in threads at the top of this section. Like the one on Ike, and the report card thread.

-Mike

BurghZ0n3
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
...maybe IKE had 1 thought on his mind b4 the game "either back being IKE...or take a HIKE!!!" And prove he did! What an amazing INT.... EXTRAVAGANZA!!! I recall we shut out Ravens back in 1996 with Oldham did almost the same thing as Ike. AMAZING STEELERS....:thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
10-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Did anyone see Cowher's halftime commentary when doing the highlights of this game. He said "Seattle at Pittsburgh. Super Bowl XL Rematch with the same result". Without even seeing him, you could tell he had a grin from ear to ear.

I don't care what high road the Steelers took about this. I think Holmgren and anything associated with Seattle ticked off everyone associated with the Steelers.

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2007, 05:08 PM
It's important to note that the refs made 3 bad calls in a row against the Steelers. There were 3 flags on that first drive in the second half, all for holding, all bullshit, and all were overcome by the Steelers. It was an 8 minute drive of 110 yards for a TD against both the Seahawks defense AND the refs.

Quality teams play through and overcome adversity.

10:24 drive for a TD.:smile::thumbsup:

Preacher
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Your kidding me... a 10 plus minute drive? Wow, that is impressive. I wish we could get 4 or 5 of those a game

Counselor
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Now the seahags will whine that the ref calls actually "helped" us because it extended the drive and ate their precious clock time!

but on a serious note---anyone notice how horribly they managed the clock at the end of the first half? Even the announcers on TV said something about it. (Another similarity to XL)

Also, I thought they gave up pretty early with almost a half a quarter left---

Steel Pit
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Nope... actually, it is the Ravens and Browns that matter right now! Dang.. who would have thought that the Browns would be one game out of second place?

Yep, so close but sooooooooooooooooooooooo far away.

Lord Stiller
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
If it wasn't for that one mistake Ben made on the INT in the SB, that would have been a shutout also

The Duke
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
If it wasn't for that one mistake Ben made on the INT in the SB, that would have been a shutout also

???
they had a field goal before the second pick

jjpro11
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
but on a serious note---anyone notice how horribly they managed the clock at the end of the first half? Even the announcers on TV said something about it. (Another similarity to XL)

Also, I thought they gave up pretty early with almost a half a quarter left---

walrus sucks ass and all hasselbeck does is cry and throw fits. what do you expect them to do when under pressure?

Quasar
10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I think everyone is forgetting the drive before we scored. Remember, we were backed up to our own 1 yard line midway through the 2nd quarter. On 3rd-and 3 from our own 8 yard line, Big Ben hit Willie Reid with a 25 yard catch-and-run. Though that drive stalled at the 40 yard line, it got us out of serious trouble, and established momentum which carried over on the next 3 drives, all of which were long drives ending in TDs. So, the drive on which the Steelers started at their own 1, also showed a lot of grit and determination! :helmet: