PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets YOUR Game Ball Today?

HometownGal
10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
So many choices, and I'm torn between Ike Taylor (who had one HELLUVA good game!) and Pooper. So - because of my dilemma, I'm going to give my game ball to the entire Steelers D AND Coach Lebeau! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

fansince'76
10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I said late in the game that Ike Taylor should get one, but the whole D did a great job, especially before our offense got untracked.

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Heath rocked!!

OneForTheToe
10-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Ike because Hasselback had time most of the game and Ike was stoning his guy. As for offense, dookie had a good game, but Ben kept them in it in the first half by shedding would be sackers as quickly as coaches in Cincy shed their dignity.

MACH1
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
I think I'll give mine to the D for keeping that big fat goose egg on the board.

Edman
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Where do I begin?

Secondary (Ike in particular) was on fire.
Ben was on fire.
Dookie Davenport was a playmaker.
The D was lights out.

I'd have to give the game ball to the Defense considering the circumstances. Missing three valuable players(two pro bowlers) and they still held the usually potent Seattle O in check. A SHUT OUT no less. They just took over this game.

But really, the whole team should get a game ball. What a great statement win after a loss. This Steeler team is for real.

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Where do I begin?

Secondary (Ike in particular) was on fire.
Ben was on fire.
Dookie Davenport was a playmaker.
The D was lights out.

I'd have to give the game ball to the Defense considering the circumstances. Missing three valuable players(two pro bowlers) and they still held the usually potent Seattle O in check.

But really, the whole team should get a game ball. What a great statement win after a loss. This Steeler team is for real.

Bingo!! :cheers:

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
And a game ball to Coach Tomlin and the coaching staff. They prepared their team well to step up and play like starters while the vets were injured. Good job, Coach!

Pass the koolaid, please! :tt02:

Big D
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
mine would have to go to heath miller. He continues to step up. I think he's going to be something really special

touchdownward
10-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Ike Taylor.
A stellar game for the D and a great game for Ben and the O.
We're gonna be well rested (and healed) coming off the bye, ready to continue kickin' ass!!!
:tt02:

FastWillieParker39
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd have to go with Ike Taylor as well. He looked liked his old self today. He is light years ahead of where he was last year.

Tomlin did a great job in preparing this team. They shook off the loss to Zona and spanked a pretty good Seahawk team

stillerzguy68
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I started out looking at positions which dominated today. There were so many, I tried to find one that didn't dominate the Seahawk opponent. Couldn't find a clear one. So the game ball goes to the entire D for dominating the entire Seahawk O while our O was getting itself untracked. This was Stiller football at it's finest. Pro Bowl One's out... fine. Step up. Dominate. Do it again. Alllllllll day.

steelpride12
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I would have to say Ike Taylor for the 2 almost picks then the INT, but wow Ben had a great day and so did the whole defense and offense and we murdered a good team without Ward, Troy, Hampton, Mcfadden and Holmes WOW!

moedap
10-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I give the game ball to the reserves for stepping up big time..

Davenports gallop sparked the offensive.
Ben and Heath kept it alive.
If Ike had better hands he would have had 3 picks. Can u say shutdown. It didnt matter that Branch went out(IMO)
Hampton who!?(jk) HOKE (Sean Alexander 25 yds)

MJ5150
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Easy for me......Willie Parker.

The Seahawk defense was killing him in the first half. But he just kept running, and running, and running. He'd lose three yards, and then come right back and get six yards. It was also WAY cool to see him totally supporting Davenport when he came in and got the TD's I thought Willie deserved to rush for.

Just look across the field to Shaun Alexander who had an equally tough time running. The difference here is Shaun dropped to the ground when his hole didn't open up. Willie kept fighting and looking for more room to run.

:tt02::tt02:ALL HAIL FAST WILLIE PARKER THIS WEEK!!:tt02::tt02:

-Mike

Edman
10-07-2007, 06:37 PM
BTW, I remember Seattle's #94 taunting the Steeler fans' terrible towel wave after the sack on Ben. What a sack of shit. Made this win so much sweeter.

Screw Seattle.

NV STEELERS 723
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Chuck Knoll...When the STEELERS saw him they were inspired! ( Tomlin was clapping )

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Chuck Knoll...When the STEELERS saw him they were inspired! ( Tomlin was clapping )

I agree. I was wondering if knowing The Great One was in the stadium inspired them to win this one for him.

Whatever works. :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Defense with out a doubt. Especially in the 3rd Qtr. after our longgggggg drive for the TD. Najeh/ Yes, Cedric a tie for 2nd.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Ward.

I am serious.

The man is a leader on the team... and he is playing WATERBOY... just to help out the team.

It is that type of leadership that drives a team.

Yeah. I give it to Ward.

The Duke
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Ike for his almost 3 interceptions

TackleMeBen
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
the defense for not letting the seabirds score

onthebus36
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
My game ball goes to all the guys who are #2 and 3 on the depth chart and rose to the challenge and shut down the Seahawks. Chris Hoke, William Gay, Anthony Smith, Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington, Najeh Davenport, etc...

These guys were challenged to step up and fill in for some great Pro-Bowl caliber guys and they didn't flinch. Alot of "experts" were ruling us out and saying the Steelers couldn't shut down Seattle without Troy and Casey and that we couldn't score without Hines and Santonio. These guys stepped up BIG!

I guess what impressed me most was this was a true team win. I think you can hand a game ball to almost anyone and not be wrong. I can't remember the last time I was proud of a win. :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll propably give mine to Farrior. Wilson also had a good game stepping up for the injured Holmes.