PDA

View Full Version : Was this Ben's best game as a Steeler?

siss
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I dont know that I have ever seen him play so well .He commanded the offense today, kept plays and drives alive today and just all around dominated. Plus he darn near set a Steeler Franchise record with 13 consecutive completed passes. Can anyone name a better performance by him?

stillers4me
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
They'll still just say he "managed" the game well.

The Duke
10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
To me his best game will be the afc champinship game against denver, but this was still one of his best preformances

Preacher
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't know.

I COULDN'T SEE THE COTTEN PICKEN SECOND HALF!

Sorry... Still ticked off.

It sure is nice to know that we have a QB and a RB that can come back and half a good game... even strengthen up in the second half.

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
He played a disciplined game; he has played better games (Denver - AFC championship) but it was significant because he bounced back from an erratic performance in Arizona with a lot of vets out with injuries today.

It may have been one of the most important games in his career because when both starting WRs were out he stepped up - I am one poster on this board who has rapped his inflated sense of self-importance (and Whiz trashing - which he apparently/hopefully has abandoned) but his performance today was what leadership is about - deeds, not words

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't know.

I COULDN'T SEE THE COTTEN PICKEN SECOND HALF!

Sorry... Still ticked off.

It sure is nice to know that we have a QB and a RB that can come back and half a good game... even strengthen up in the second half.

What happened with your second half feed?

moedap
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
To me his best game will be the afc champinship game against denver, but this was still one of his best preformances

Second

steelpride12
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Mabey not the best but damn well close he managed plays and made the big 3rd down plays. Well Done Ben! go steelers.

revefsreleets
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Considering what he had to work with, it may be.

FastWillieParker39
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Just imagine how he would've played like if he had Ward and Holmes out there

tony hipchest
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
ben has alot of great games that he won with his arm alone. ben won this one on the heels of a great defense. this was 1 of bens easier wins. he did exactly what we all should expect from him on any given week.

he will be demonized for 18 completions on only 22 attempts and still be regarded as just a "game manager".

i wonder what that makes hasselbeck?

slippy
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
best game? not even close.

playoffs verses indy wins every time.

MACH1
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Ben played good smart mistake free football today. Although he has had better games in the past.

As far as hasselbeck, he's still dazed and confused. :sofunny:

MJ5150
10-07-2007, 07:48 PM
It was definitely awesome to see him shake off defenders in the backfield to avoid sacks. It looked like high schoolers jumping on his back, and he was sheding them like no big deal. Even the times they did get to him, it took some effort to haul him down.

Well, except for that time Lofa came in untouched and nearly took his head off if Ben hadn't started to go down to protect the ball. That my friends was a sign of QB maturity and intelligence.

-Mike

TackleMeBen
10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
the indy and denver games were the best. but this was not a bad game either. i loved how after the game the media tried to get him to say something and he didnt. the reporter asked him if the media should be talking about the steelers along with indy and NE. and he said you can talk about any team in the AFC.

i am also impressed that he didnt throw any INTs.:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM

I agree, AFCCG vs Denver was his best. Ben, and the "O" was only good today for just over 2 Qtrs. They blew chunks for the 1st Qtr. and a half.

WWIIOwheelz
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
This was Najeh's best game as a Steeler. Ben, not so much.

I'll say this, though-- I liked how he intentionally looked-off coverage from his intended receivers. His TD to Heath stands out as a perfect example, how he kept his head looking left the whole time, but his eyes were following his favorite big target. Even then, he made a perfect throw.

Ben played well, but not his best.

HometownGal
10-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Just imagine how he would've played like if he had Ward and Holmes out there

I just mentioned that fact to an online friend of mine a little while ago! :thumbsup:

I, too, have to say his performance in the 2005 AFCC vs. the Broncs was his best game in the B&G, but today, he exuberated confidence all the way around and took what was there instead of forcing the ball as he did last week.

Great job Ben! :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
What happened with your second half feed?

the local station lost the feed I guess. About an hour later, they started playing another game.

I was TICKED!

Preacher
10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I just mentioned that fact to an online friend of mine a little while ago! :thumbsup:

I, too, have to say his performance in the 2005 AFCC vs. the Broncs was his best game in the B&G, but today, he exuberated confidence all the way around and took what was there instead of forcing the ball as he did last week.

Great job Ben! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with the best game...

Anyone have a tape of the game I could see? :banging:

klick81
10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Not his BEST game, but def. one of them. I love how he didn't panic when he saw defenders coming up on him. Good job indeed!

Edman
10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm sorry, Ben dismantling the Donkeys in the AFC Championship game still remains his greatest game as a Steeler...so far...

But still, he had a efficient performance today. Not his best, but still great. Besides, I want Ben to have his best games when it truly counts. He hasn't even begun to hit his peak stride this season, and that's scary.

steelersfanmx
10-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Agree with you guys... Ben has better games before. But this was HUGE!
I really like the Ben's ability to trow the ball while hes running to buy some time...
There was two passes to Wilson he made while he was running... that I think,
is not an easy thing to do by a QB...

Great victory no doubt!...
I most say that I was nervous in the 1st quarter...
But when they scored in the 2nd... I was more relaxed..
never though seahacks will be blanked!... Priceless...!:tt02:

FSUBoo
10-08-2007, 03:13 AM
I will say that we could have had a better game if Ward and Holmes would have played, but I honestly feel that we have a very good set of receivers top to bottom. Throw in our TE's and our Offense is just dominant when they are on.

BurghZ0n3
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Just hope that Ben & everyone will be healthy on Dec 9....coz we're gonna chew up & spit all over them like we did on Halloween weekend back in 2004, but this time around.... at their own backyard :banging::banging::banging::tt02::tt02::tt02:

alittlejazzbird
10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Apparently, my "buddy" Mark Madden thinks Ben is single-handedly the savior of Pittsburgh football, and that Steelers fans are "stupid" for not thinking otherwise.

You can listen to the podcast of Madden's ESPN show yesterday, where he goes over the moon as always, gushing over Ben and his performance on Sunday (for those of you who didn't know, Madden has a truly disgusting man-crush on his former next-door neighbor). The link is on the Steelers page at ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit

For those posters who have read periodic references here to Mark Madden but don't know who he is or why he is so bloody irritating, you can listen to him here in all his yinzer glory. Seriously, somewhere between minutes 7 and 9 of the podcast, he actually refers to Ben as "Christ-like." As Dave Barry would say, I am not making this up.

For the record, my vote is for the Indy playoff game as Ben's best. That opening drive was a thing of beauty. But Sunday's win is right up there among his very best, I think.

iloveben7
10-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't think it was his best game, but it was definately one of his bests. He took control of the game and had to pass to all different recievers to move the ball down the field. He didn't give up when they couldn't gain any yards in the beginning. He converted some long 3rd downs and didn't panic when defenders were coming in his face. I think his best game has to be the playoff game vs. Indy!!

Need4spd
10-09-2007, 07:37 PM
As others have alluded to, I would say it was one of, possibly his best regular season game. That being said, during their Super Bowl run in the playoffs of 05'-06', the Super Bowl game itself not withstanding, he played phenomenally well, let us not forget that. All things considered, most notably the fact that those were playoff games and this was Week 5, I would take any one of those three games over this one.

GeneralRobinson
10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I would be so bold as to say it was his best game because I believe it showed how much Ben has developed as a quarterback to lead a team to victory.

Indy and Denver were big wins. However, in those games, Ben accurately delivered the football to receivers who were his primary read. Against Seattle, he also accurately passed the football (quite an understatement given his 13 straight completions). However, the completions were a result of his ability to read the coverage better and find open players who were his second and third reads. His skills allowed the offense to convert more third and longs than I can remember in spite of early troubles runnings the ball and committing penalties.