PDA

View Full Version : New ways to control the clock

Haiku_Dirtt
10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Has anyone ever witnessed a drive that starts on the 20 yet takes 110 yards to score? :nerd: Anyone in tune with that record?

And I thought controlling the clock would be a problem. Well taking 30 yards in penalties is the most innovative way since the invention of a time piece to control the clock.

Was there little doubt we were going to win the game after THAT drive?

Time of possession turned out to be ridiculous. Not sure if I can say in a good way.

Preacher
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Has anyone ever witnessed a drive that starts on the 20 yet takes 110 yards to score? :nerd: Anyone in tune with that record?

And I thought controlling the clock would be a problem. Well taking 30 yards in penalties is the most innovative way since the invention of a time piece to control the clock.

Was there little doubt we were going to win the game after THAT drive?

Time of possession turned out to be ridiculous. Not sure if I can say in a good way.

Funny you mention that.

There has been a few times that I have cheered us getting penalties for that very reason!

MACH1
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
All I know is we had the ball for 40 plus minutes. Which is good.

stillers4me
10-08-2007, 04:51 AM
I was starting to worry about the offense getting tired. It wasn't like we had spare players! But at least the defense got a good long rest!

SuzyPeppercorn
10-08-2007, 02:18 PM
i have heard of drives like that but because of qb's like rob johnson taking 10 yd sacks all day long.

revefsreleets
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I thought it was interesting that the holding calls were all called on plays that gained lots of yards or converted 1st downs. Oh, yeah, the other thing that I noticed was that there actually wasn't any holding on any of those 3 "holding calls".

fansince'76
10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Yep, the long, sustained drives were great. Even better was the fact that they finished those drives and put up 7s as opposed to 3s. :thumbsup: