PDA

View Full Version : Parker back on top

Quasar
10-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Don't look now, but Willie Parker is back to being the NFL's leading rusher with 507 yards. He is the only rusher averaging more than 100 yards per game. He also has more rushing yards than any receiver has receiving yards, except for Randy Moss. Nice job, Willie! :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
10-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Good job willie great to see you back on top keep up the nice work.:jammin:

The Duke
10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
those are just stats, but still congrats willie

moedap
10-08-2007, 07:52 AM
The yards come when u show patience and follow your blockers.

HometownGal
10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Stats are cool and all, but when all is said and done, as long as FWP continues to play hard and contribute to the success of the Steelers O, I don't pay attention to stats. :tt02:

steelerbackr4life
10-08-2007, 08:38 AM
The only stat I care about is the win loss colum

Kittyfish
10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
It may not be a very meaningful stat in the big scheme of things, but it's still cool to know, IMO. I hope Fast Willie can enjoy being on top of the heap, for however long it lasts.

SteelDogFan
10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
We need to give Willie his kudos. Coming from a school that did not see his talent and being the guy who has to play after the Bus retires (which is like being the QB after Bradshaw retired). Hes doing well and being humble while doing it.

klick81
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, stats are stats and the only one that matters is W/L, but congrats to him. It's an indication of the effort he puts out every Sunday.

onthebus36
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
We need to give Willie his kudos. Coming from a school that did not see his talent and being the guy who has to play after the Bus retires (which is like being the QB after Bradshaw retired). Hes doing well and being humble while doing it.

I agree. I think these kinds of little accolades mean a lot to a guy who has been underappreciated most of his career. Willie is very humble but also plays with a chip on his shoulder and that's a good thing.

It's amazing to me that there are people out there, including some on this forum who shall remain nameless, who think he shouldn't be the starter. Some people...

NateC
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Nobody Lol Who Watches the games on Sunday Feel WIlly should be sitting.

If so they are a Troll/Hater.:blah::blah::blah:

tony hipchest
10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
the midseason statwatch is fun, and i know willie has set a goal to be on top. theres no question that he is an every down, carry the load back. this is seen in that he leads the league in carries with 121.

next closest is e. james with 107 and 3 guys with 102 (henry, mcgahee, alexander).

willies average of 24 carries per game beats everybody by 3 (except steven jackson who was at 23 cpg before his injury. i woulda had no problem believing willie would lead the league in yards at this point but woulda never bet he would be leading the league in carries. i would expect that from jerome bettis or duce staley in his 1st 8 games as a steeler.

maybe najeh gets sprinkled in a little more or since alot are expecting us to hit the point of our season where we struggle, we will lighten the load on willy by playing from behind and throwing the ball all over the field.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
I'd really like to see Willie's per carry average go up this season. Carring the ball as many times as he does a game just makes me nervous that he is gonna weardown as the season goes on or that he might suffer an injury. *Knock on wood*

Quasar
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Stats can be useful in preparing for an opponent though. The league's current top 2 rushers will play in Denver for the Steelers game. Travis Henry of the Broncos is right behind Fast Willie, at 498 yards.

The Steeler defense ranks 4th in the league in rush defense, giving up only 72.6 yards per game. However, Denver ranks dead last in the league (32nd), giving up an average of 187.6 yards per game. Denver and Pittsburgh both have byes in week 6, and have 2 weeks to prepare for each other (Or, 2 weeks for the Steeler confidence over the Seattle game to continue, and 2 weeks for the Broncos to hurt over a 41-3 loss to division rival San Diego at home). But while the Steeler defense looks to get healthy, Denver's center Tom Nalen tore his right biceps muscle and will be out for the season. Of course, as Steelers, we don't want to beat teams because of injuries- we want to beat teams because we are the best. But the Denver game bodes well for fast Willie and the rest of the Steelers, don't you think?

steelpride12
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Hell yes Parker go for 2000 yards in a season!!!

lotas
10-10-2007, 02:25 AM
This isn't a stat that should overlooked and passively tossed away...this is an EXTREMELY important stat.

If parker is getting 100+ yds a game and given (another stat lol) Pit is 2nd in the NFL against the run, that means we are dominating the game.

Which in turn leads us to ANOTHER stat that we are allowing 9.4pts/game the fewest in NFL. Domination station baby

oh yeah and saw this bumper sticker once: "76.4% of statistics are false"

lol

Lord Stiller
10-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Here is a good article about Parker from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3055972