PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Flawed???

Borski
10-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Some idiots....acoording to Pete Prisco, we must be flawed. I dont see who that is possible after we just shut out the Seahawks, whatever. some people are just stupid.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10398391

fansince'76
10-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Pete Prisco - 'nuff said.

Big D
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
at least there is someone as ignorant as skip brainless

HometownGal
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Prisco is such a picklehead.

The Colts showed that they can win without four key starters. :dang::dang::dang:

Ummmm - the Steelers shut out the 3-1 Waaahawks without four key starters. Dumb ass.

He does have the Steelers as #4 in the Power Rankings though and that is more than likely as a result of them being 4-1 and the top 3 being undefeated.

fansince'76
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll chalk up Monday night's Tony Romo pick-fest to a team caught looking ahead to their game this week with the Patriots. The Cowboys are still an elite team.

Mmmm....yeah - whatever you say, Pete. I chalk it up to a grossly overrated QB. :coffee:

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
The Cowboys are extremely lucky to beat a Bills team the Steelers & Pats crushed while the Steelers beat the Seahawks 21-0 without 2 Pro Bowl defenders and both starting WRs.

Of course the only possible conclusions to be drawn are that the Steelers are not very good (in yesterday's article Prisco said Sunday's game bored him) and the Cowboys are one of the three elite teams in the league.:dang:

You do not need talent or insights to be a sportswriter, just someone who will publish what you write. Consider the source and the value of these rankings in determining who will be SB champ (both are worthless)

The Duke
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Pete Prisco - 'nuff said.

exactly.

Pete prisco's really a genius :wave:

stillers4me
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Blasphemy! :sofunny:

onthebus36
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
So his knock on the Steelers is that we have some injuried starters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Colts being praised for winning without Harrison, Addai, and others?

Oh wait... that's right. When the Colts win with backups, it's because they are so talented and so deep. When the Steelers win with backups, we're a team with real problems. Thanks for reminding me Pete!

robzombie813
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Yep. We're 'Crippled' because we're not named the Pats or the Colts. Think he could be a little more biased? I haven't seen crap like this since Skip Bayless put pen to paper.

What a hack.

Jman
10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
:thud:

DACEB
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I have to agree with everyone here, Prisco is an idiot. Whether or not you believe the Steelers are in the elite group of the Colts & Pats, you MUST give credit where credit is due.

Whether the Seahawks played poorly (which I'll credit our D with) or the heat played a factor (we both played on the same field) you cannot deny the fact that we played without 4 count 'em 4 probowl caliber players. Let's forget about Prisco.

The Steelers won a game without their star players. This shows the depth that we have on our team. The backups have been getting valuable experience that will pay dividends later in the year. All the talk of having versatile players was not just talk, we saw Smith a FS start at SS in Troys absence. This gives this team the option of rotating players during the game. Even with a fast start I believe this team will be still fresh in the end run.

I still think there are wrinkles that we have not seen on both offense and defense. It's unfortunate that Prisco does'nt appreciate smashmouth football, Pittsburgh style. There will come a point that we will spread out on offense, and our WRs have shown they are ready. There will come a time that we will face a high powered passing offense and our defensive backfield has shown it has depth and will be prepared.

Give it some time and the Steelers will show how little flaws they have. That time will be next year, January and Febuary to be exact.

lilyoder6
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
i know.. according to pete we are injure ridden... even though we did beat sea 21-0 w/o 5 players who play thru out the game... and 2 of them being our 2 main wr's. this bye week is going to be nice...

steel striker
10-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I agree Pete needs to put the crack pipe down and, we looked pretty good. As for the cryboys they better play than they did against the bills. It kind of irks me about they wat the media acted after the cowboy game. They said Romo was good when he had to be. If Ben had a game like that the headlines would read the steelers win but not because of Ben. I know being a steeler guy for life I kind to take it the wrong way but come on start giving Ben his due. How about are defense? They have played great and, sooner or later they will find out that we are the real deal. Much like in our super bowl run in 05 we did not any respect. So time will tell and I think we will be just fine.

skinart82
10-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Yet another idiot, Steelers shut out a good team and dallas BARELY wins against a bad team, yet they are ranked ahead? Idiot

Tankus_Maximus
10-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Prisco's a douche.

PalmerSteel
10-09-2007, 11:11 PM
i am so glad the cowboys, colts, and patriots are getting all the hype. we know our team can hang with any of them when on our a game. top D player and top 2 receivers out and we win 21-0. THIS was Tomlins first defining moment. glad it was a good one. give those teams all the glory and glamshots. we will just sneak our way to the top.

Preacher
10-10-2007, 03:03 AM
Prisco is such a picklehead.

:dang::dang::dang:

Ummmm - the Steelers shut out the 3-1 Waaahawks without four key starters. Dumb ass.

He does have the Steelers as #4 in the Power Rankings though and that is more than likely as a result of them being 4-1 and the top 3 being undefeated.

You want logic and consistancy from a person in the media.... Sports media to boot?

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Come on... your smarter then that!!! :wink02:

Galax Steeler
10-10-2007, 04:45 AM
We all know what we are made of who cares what a want a be sports writer thinks.

alittlejazzbird
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, here's the thing: Dallas and New England play each other this Sunday. Someone is going to lose. New England and Indy play each other next month. Someone is going to lose. At least one of the almighty three is going to be knocked off the pedestal. What happens to that team? Do they instantly become of suspect quality, banished to the "everyone else" list?

What if it's the Patriots who find themselves on the losing end of one or two games? Will the media make excuses for the losses and still pick them to win it all?

There's SO much season left - my hunch is the standings may look quite a bit different in December than they do now.

fansince'76
10-10-2007, 11:42 AM
What if it's the Patriots who find themselves on the losing end of one or two games? Will the media make excuses for the losses and still pick them to win it all?

In a word, yes. :coffee: