PDA

View Full Version : 1995 AFC Championship game on ESPN2

touchdownward
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
It's only been on for 10 minutes (1 1/2 hour program).
I don't know about you guys and gals, but this game made me as nervous as a teenager in a room for Chris Henry's.

I thought we were very lucky to come away with the W and it really would have stung due to getting bounced by San Diego the season before.

Of course, in the Super Bowl, O'Donnell forgot which color jerseys his receivers were wearing........ or did he?:wink02:

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
We all remember the failed Hail Mary, but watching this replay reminds me how many bad throws were made by O'Donnell (Colts just dropped the INT with 2 &1/2 minutes to go that would have ended the game) and how fortunate the Steelers were not to go 0-5 in home AFC championship games under Cowher.

touchdownward
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm lovin' all the great commentary from Greg Lloyd. :thumbsup:

alittlejazzbird
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I was at that game, and I can't tell you how many different emotions the entire crowd went through over the course of four quarters. By the end of it, I was sick to my stomach from the rollercoaster ride. I never saw a clock move so slowly in my life.

Watched the ESPN broadcast last night....I was glad to hear from Greg Lloyd too. Nice to know that he's turned around his earlier troubles and that life is going pretty well for him these days. He was an awesome player.

I was reminded of how ridiculous Kevin Greene looked with that hair (but hey, in fairness to him, it was 1995). He always reminded me of a studio wrestler.

Also enjoyed the commentary from Cowher, Ted Marchibroda and Lindy Infante. Nice show!

Hammer67
10-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Notice they still refer to Cowher as coach and failed to mention XL. This must have been taped pre 2005

Atlanta Dan
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Speaking of roller coaster rides, I am waiting for the 2006 Steelers-Colts playoff game to get that sort of NFL's Greatest Games treatment.

Edman
10-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Yet another ugly and typical Cowher-Ball playoff performance. It sickens me that the Steelers were THIS CLOSE to losing this game and yet another AFC Title Game at home.

If Tomlin puts up better coaching performances(esp. at home), this town will love him. guarantee you that.

jjpro11
10-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Notice they still refer to Cowher as coach and failed to mention XL. This must have been taped pre 2005

it was. i watched it in december of 2005. i taped it with my DVR and its still saved on there :smile: