PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders to the Steelers?

sportthenation
10-08-2005, 03:19 PM
We really need some help in our secondary it seems. We just couldn't shut down Brady last game and he picked our secondary apart at crucial moments. What can the Steelers do to strengthen their secondary? Maybe we should trade Willie Parker while he still has some trade value. After all, we do seem to have a pretty full backfield. Do you have any thoughts?

Koopa
10-08-2005, 04:26 PM
i think that's probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life and you should be jabbed in the mouth for suggesting that. and i'm being serious not trying to be funny. and you are suggesting we get dieon sanders smh @ you

Ambridge
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
i think that's probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life and you should be jabbed in the mouth for suggesting that. and i'm being serious not trying to be funny. and you are suggesting we get dieon sanders smh @ you

:rofl: :rofl:

rowedf
10-08-2005, 05:08 PM
That truly is a pathetic idea. First off, Brady completed his "crucial passes" for on average of 7 yards, the YAC is what killed us. I swear, if you watch the championship game and the regular season game of last year, Bellicheck saw a flaw in Farriors coverage underneath crossing the field and exploited it again in our last game.

Sorry for being off topic, so back to the point...that idea is terrible sporthenation

stand undefeated
10-08-2005, 05:21 PM
WTF? Is he serious?

Koopa
10-08-2005, 05:39 PM
well seeing his other post about his concernce about our secondary in another post i think he just might be serious about this idea

ngreene15
10-08-2005, 05:40 PM

LOL

Way to tell it like it is

bengalsfan21
10-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I have to say he is on to.........................what the hell he is on something :rofl: :rofl:

slashsteel
10-08-2005, 06:47 PM
:funny:

Koopa that first post was a 5 star movie, hilarious.

sportthenation
10-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Uhh, the Deion Sanders part was a joke. I hate Neon. I do think that our secondary is the weakest part of our defense.

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I second what king koopa said. Deion Sanders. Are you crazy?

SteelR1
10-08-2005, 11:24 PM
NO Enough said!

SteelerzGirl
10-08-2005, 11:37 PM

OMG, King! That was so freakin' funny! :rofl: I was taking a drink of water when I read your post, and laughed so hard that my monitor now got a good washin'. Thanks for the laugh. :smile:

pitt
10-08-2005, 11:38 PM
NO NO please God No!

SteelProven
10-09-2005, 12:12 AM
You must be a ravens fan, becuz only they would make such a idiotic comment.

Soldier4Steelers
10-09-2005, 01:40 AM
no what we should of done is made an offer for T.O. him, sanders and kellen winslow jr! now thats steelers football

Koopa
10-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Uhh, the Deion Sanders part was a joke. I hate Neon. I do think that our secondary is the weakest part of our defense.

well good to hear it was a joke, but why the hell would you want to trade willie? he's young and very good for us, now we don't really have to worry about drafting a running back this year. our secondary will be fine we had a few lapse in the game and it's not like they were bombing on us, they were all short passes that the linebackers should've been picking up

Steelersfan
10-09-2005, 02:16 AM
We have lapses because Willie is not the type of back to control a game. Ya he breaks some nice runs, but then the D is right back on the field. Last year our D was great because the running game kept them off the field and fresh. That has not (and will not) be the case with Willie as our starter.

Just remember what the great Barry Sanders won....nothing
Why don't we go back to the Amous year as I call it. We went 6-10. Nice, we won't do much better with Willie starting either. Get Staley and the Bus back in there so we can control the game.

Koopa
10-09-2005, 02:40 AM
ok he had one bad game and y'all already giveing up on him, smh @ y'all, but right when he does good y'all be on his nuts again just wait and see. amous is nowhere as good as willie is. and why are you pinning it on willie? we do have a qb that is supposed to throw to his wrs and we do have the best tight end in this years draft, so it's not willies fault we don't move the ball. i guess we should also trade ben for not moving the ball and keeping the d on the sideline and we should trade hines for not catching and keeping the d on the sideline also lets fire the coaching staff for not drawing up plays that would keep the d on the sideline

CowherLover
10-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Botttom line, the decisions to be made are going to be tough but come on, I think there are worse problems to have than this. Willie is hungry and likes what he got a taste of these last few weeks, JB and Duce are veteran players who REALLY want the chance to take care of what didn't get done last year, so it's not a battle of premadonnas. The second part of the season is what's gonna be our indicator not so much the first four games. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and see what evolves. I anticipate Heath playing more a part of the offense when he feels comfortable with our offense, if he's not comfortable running routes etc. why would you want to set him up to fail?

Steelersfan
10-09-2005, 11:53 AM
ok he had one bad game and y'all already giveing up on him, smh @ y'all, but right when he does good y'all be on his nuts again just wait and see. amous is nowhere as good as willie is. and why are you pinning it on willie? we do have a qb that is supposed to throw to his wrs and we do have the best tight end in this years draft, so it's not willies fault we don't move the ball. i guess we should also trade ben for not moving the ball and keeping the d on the sideline and we should trade hines for not catching and keeping the d on the sideline also lets fire the coaching staff for not drawing up plays that would keep the d on the sideline

I'm not pinning it all on Willie. He is a good back but just not the type of back that controls the game which is what we need. Our D is good but they will give up too many plays if left on the field like most D's would. I never said a thing about Ben. He has done everyting asked of him so far. But still, we control the clock we win the game. I wasn't even talking about firing Willie. I just don't like him as the starter. And don't get me started on our oh so predictable coaching staff.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Plain and simple, the secondary is NOT a weak part of our defense. Troy is pro bowler, Deshea should be, Ike is improving every week, and Hope is a big hitter, and with depth like Logan, Coc, and McFadden, I wouldnt call that weak. You cant judge us by the pats game alone.

SteelerFanInATL
10-11-2005, 06:04 PM
We really need some help in our secondary it seems. We just couldn't shut down Brady last game and he picked our secondary apart at crucial moments. What can the Steelers do to strengthen their secondary? Maybe we should trade Willie Parker while he still has some trade value. After all, we do seem to have a pretty full backfield. Do you have any thoughts?

Dude, you just lost Major Cool Points for that coment, and probably lowered your Steeler Football IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :screwy:

shevdog
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Deon Sanders???

Nooooooo!!!!!!!

I can't stand Deon Sanders.

I do agree that the Steelers should still work a bit on strenghtening the secondary. If Rod Woodson could get some youth back, I'd say get him back. That's a pipe dream. I'll stop there since I have no real suggestions for the secondary.

Steelers would be stupid to get ride of Willie Parker. I've like him as a running back before he hit the spotlight this season. I think the Steelers should invest in Willie Parker for the future of the running game. Remember, the Bus was going to retire after 2004. He is sticking with it just one more year. I doubt the Bus will drive on in the 2006 season. As for Duce, I hope he gets in gear so that Willie, Duce, and Haynes can hammer it out in 2006.

Da'Burgh
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I dunno what was worse...when you said let's get Deion or let's trade Willie. Saying the two in the same sentence was just moronic.

sportthenation
10-12-2005, 05:38 PM
OK, I must be clear. I don't think Deion Sanders should come to the Steelers. It was a joke! I do think our secondary is the weakest part of our defense, as was showed on Monday.

steeler47
10-12-2005, 05:41 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yea....I remember when I had my first beer !!!