PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin should be coach of the week

jjpro11
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
what a joke. he doesnt even get nominated. we shut out the seahawks 21-0 and held them under 150 yards. we were missing 3 pro bowlers and our starting wr and backup cb. all this while coming off of a loss. del rio and lovie smith my ass. :upyours:

GeneralRobinson
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
what a joke. he doesnt even get nominated. we shut out the seahawks 21-0 and held them under 150 yards. we were missing 3 pro bowlers and our starting wr and backup cb. all this while coming off of a loss. del rio and lovie smith my ass. :upyours:

Well, on the bright side, he is on pace to collect 8 Coach of the Week awards given his year to date pace.:sofunny:

The Duke
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
you know what would be better....coach of the year!! at this pace he can get it.

GeneralRobinson
10-10-2007, 04:34 PM
you know what would be better....coach of the year!! at this pace he can get it.

Agreed. This is slightly off-topic, but I find it amazing that Coach Noll never won a Coach of the Year award. Of course given the choice between team championships or individual honors....

tony hipchest
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
what a joke. he doesnt even get nominated. we shut out the seahawks 21-0 and held them under 150 yards. we were missing 3 pro bowlers and our starting wr and backup cb. all this while coming off of a loss. del rio and lovie smith my ass. :upyours:i look at this as a good thing. maybe tomlin is just getting to that point in his career where pulling off a feat like he did last week is just par for the course as opposed to spectacular.

i dont think dungy or belicheat (understanbly so ) have been nominated for these awards for their collective 10 wins. its just expected and commonplace. id rather watch him live up to that status and possibly get the coach of the year award, although i can hear it now "he was a product of great talent around him, hes just a game manager" (remember when ben won all the weekly rookie records?)

although the award from last year did nothing to help sean payton this year, tomlin is coaching alot of "been there, done that" men, :chuckle: which is a far cry from what mangina, and payton got.

anyways cowher went 15-1 and still couldnt beat marty leading the chargers for the award. :hunch:

theres no doubt tomlin would much prefer going 15-1 with absolutely no accolades. and theres no doubt he coached a good game. he pitched a shutout in his 5th regular season game. it took cowher all the way to his 6th game to reach that feat.

honestly, tomlin probably takes a hell of alot more pride in ike taylor getting the defensive players of the week award. that speaks volumes. what is it? 3 td's allowed through the air this season? how many were on ike?

jjpro11
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
i look at this as a good thing. maybe tomlin is just getting to that point in his career where pulling off a feat like he did last week is just par for the course as opposed to spectacular.

i dont think dungy or belicheat (understanbly so ) have been nominated for these awards for their collective 10 wins. its just expected and commonplace. id rather watch him live up to that status and possibly get the coach of the year award, although i can hear it now "he was a product of great talent around him, hes just a game manager" (remember when ben won all the weekly rookie records?)

although the award from last year did nothing to help sean payton this year, tomlin is coaching alot of "been there, done that" men, :chuckle: which is a far cry from what mangina, and payton got.

anyways cowher went 15-1 and still couldnt beat marty leading the chargers for the award. :hunch:

theres no doubt tomlin would much prefer going 15-1 with absolutely no accolades. and theres no doubt he coached a good game. he pitched a shutout in his 5th regular season game. it took cowher all the way to his 6th game to reach that feat.

honestly, tomlin probably takes a hell of alot more pride in ike taylor getting the defensive players of the week award. that speaks volumes. what is it? 3 td's allowed through the air this season? how many were on ike?

if dungy or belicheat shut out a good team coming off of a loss, im positive they would at least be nominated. it was a fine coaching job to get the guys to bounce back despite facing the adversity of being without our injured super stars. a coach deserves credit for getting his team ready like he did. im sure he doesnt care, but i want the steelers to win everything possible, including coach of the week. :tt02:

SteelDogFan
10-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I agree.

ThatGuy246
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
i look at this as a good thing. maybe tomlin is just getting to that point in his career where pulling off a feat like he did last week is just par for the course as opposed to spectacular.

I can't possibly agree more. This isn't the average coaching carousel...Tomlin inherited a solid team, granted, but one that is a storied-franchise, and more so, has a lengthy history under one regime and one philosophy.

Coach Tomlin already has two Coach of the Week awards, both of which he richly deserves. I totally agree that he deserves a third for this week. However, maybe this isn't the actual rationale, but I love the idea that already in his short career as a HC, it could be what's expected.

I'd love to see him get Coach of the Year...but, based on his very consistent approach (at least, as spoken during press conferences I've seen), I can't help but think this guy wants a Lombardi much more so than any personal honor. And as such, I can't imagine a guy more perfectly suited to Pittsburgh.

-Deej