PDA

View Full Version : "heinz field hop"

slippy
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't like it. It's a Green Bay thing and should stay in GB.

We are a top five team (historically speaking) and we create our own mythology; we do not need to adopt the dance of another team!

I like ND, but he needs to come up with his own moves...

any thoughts?

verks36
10-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Ya we should

the broncos have the mile high salute greenbay got the lambo leap the giants got the BALLIIN
if we want to do something we should do something different,

fansince'76
10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Personally, I don't mind it. I'm sure the fans in the section Dookie leaps into don't mind it, either. I've heard a lot of Steelers fans complain about other teams ripping off the Terrible Towel, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I respect Green Bay as an organization. How about giving the HC a Gatorade bath after a big win? That could be considered the Giants' "celebratory property" as they invented that back in '86, but everybody that wins big games does that now. If it's a good idea, why not mimic it?

jjpro11
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
i thought it was pretty cool... it pumped the crowd up even more by seeing his excitement.. just another way to get the fans involved in the game, and thats always a good thing.

The Duke
10-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Personally, I don't mind it. I'm sure the fans in the section Dookie leaps into don't mind it, either. I've heard a lot of Steelers fans complain about other teams ripping off the Terrible Towel, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I respect Green Bay as an organization. How about giving the HC a Gatorade bath after a big win? That could be considered the Giants' "celebratory property" as they invented that back in '86, but everybody that wins big games does that now. If it's a good idea, why not mimic it?

ditto . i've also heard some packers fans complain about it, I really don't understand why, it's a great way of celebration and is not like he's making fun of it, maybe he just feels some green bay pride in himself and wanted to do that

Borski
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I like it, I know its a ripoff of GB but who cares, it means we just scored!

fansince'76
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
ditto . i've also heard some packers fans complain about it, I really don't understand why, it's a great way of celebration and is not like he's making fun of it....

I agree, and it's the same thing with a lot of our fans and the TT - I consider it a sign of respect, not mockery.

Dynasty
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I think it was fine, especially because he formerly played for Green Bay.

ShutDown24
10-10-2007, 09:07 PM
1. Davenport came from Green Bay so he has some special permissions maybe lol

2. Everyone does it now anyway, not just GB and Davenport last week... McGahee did it very often in Buffalo, Chad Johnson does it in Cleveland (Yes, Cleveland not Cincy) and I have seen countless others jump into the stands as well... The leap hasn't been unique to Lambeau for years now...

SteelersMongol
10-10-2007, 09:15 PM
As long as we're winning, I don't care what the guys do inside the stadium. Though I thought it was pretty cool of him sharing his celebration with the fans. Didn't you guys see the fans looks, that were around him when he came up to them? AWESOME!!!

slippy
10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
everyone has made some good points.

i guess it would bother me less if he was not formerly a packer. i want to see him have a steeler identity.

by the way, it looks like ND is starting to come into his own here; i hope he continues to develop and become a key part of the system.

PAMillerGrrl83
10-10-2007, 09:42 PM
A lot of football players do it. Its not really a BD.

SteelDogFan
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
The problem is the players aren't allowed to do any kind of celebrating or the will get flagged. You can even spin the ball after you make a 35 yard reception when it was third and twenty. Also there are a lot of teams doing this already they just haven't named it yet. I say let them have what little they can, Hop-on Steelers Hop-on!

The Duke
10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
2. Everyone does it now anyway, not just GB and Davenport last week... McGahee did it very often in Buffalo, Chad Johnson does it in Cleveland (Yes, Cleveland not Cincy) and I have seen countless others jump into the stands as well... The leap hasn't been unique to Lambeau for years now...

some other guys that are not from the packers do it on lambeau field too, like darren sharper I believe last year on an interception return for td from favre. the fans just pushed him off after he jumped, it was hilarious :toofunny:

tony hipchest
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
the "pittsburgh plunge" (ala kennywood) sounds alot cooler (but equally as dorky).

personally i dont care if najeh hangs his ass over the side of the guardrail and takes a dump, as long as he scores. :moon:

:chuckle:

MACH1
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Ahhhh hell let them have a little fun and take the plunge. :banana:

Borski
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
the "pittsburgh plunge" (ala kennywood) sounds alot cooler (but equally as dorky).

personally i dont care if najeh hangs his ass over the side of the guardrail and takes a dump, as long as he scores. :moon:

I wonder if the NFL has rules against that...

that would be an interesting TD celebration :thumbsup:

BozMan
10-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Didn't Troy do a Lambeau Leap in Green Bay back in 2005 after scoring on a fumble recovery?

Galax Steeler
10-11-2007, 03:27 AM
I say let them do what they want it is not a pattended move.

83-Steelers-43
10-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I really don't care what the guy does as long as he plays well. Although Slippy I can definately see your point. If I were a Green Bay fan I would shake my head and roll my eyes when I see a Davenport or a Johnson and others doing the Lambeau leap. I do the same thing when I see fans outside of Pittsburgh waving little white towels. Be original for Pete's sake.

But at the end of the day it's on the same level as the Steelers mascot for me at least. Really don't care. Just win.

BurghZ0n3
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
say...hanging on the goal post for awhile would be nice (just like in college)! Wonder why we don't have cheerleaders :cheer::cheer::cheer: after all this time?

memphissteelergirl
10-11-2007, 11:36 AM

:iagree:

jjpro11
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
theres really nothing else they can do though with the no fun league rules. id love to see a steeler score a big td and start waving a terrible towel in the end zone. that would really pump up the crowd and be cool to see. didnt thigpen use to do that? i cant remember.

tony hipchest
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
The problem is the players aren't allowed to do any kind of celebrating or the will get flagged. You can even spin the ball after you make a 35 yard reception when it was third and twenty. Also there are a lot of teams doing this already they just haven't named it yet. I say let them have what little they can, Hop-on Steelers Hop-on!when the NFL made the endzone celebration rules to put an end to all of chad and t.o.'s madness, they threw the packers a bone and said that the "lambeau leap" would not be outlawed.

so not only did they preserve what had become packer history and tradition, you can say the nfl encouraged other players to do it. (now that they cant show their emotion, or express their creativity, or individuality, or whatever it is these clowns like chad think they are doing)

VolatileMan
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
You know I just may be getting old, but what ever happened to acting like you've been there before when you do something positive in sports???

F'ing young punks and thier ESPN highlight reel mentalilty.

I remember laughing at that dueshbag Mark Gasteno (sp?) during a monday night game when the Jets where down bigtime and this idiot gets a sack late in the game (read garbage time) and he goes into his song and dance then one of the opponents walks up to him and simply points at the scoreboard . . . perfect!!!

But now everyone is doing it. Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson was cool because he was original, but from the Ichy shuffle on its like damn people act like you've been there before.

Man that crap drives me nuts.

Just my $.02
VolatileMan
aka Grumpy old man

jjpro11
10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
You know I just may be getting old, but what ever happened to acting like you've been there before when you do something positive in sports???

F'ing young punks and thier ESPN highlight reel mentalilty.

I remember laughing at that dueshbag Mark Gasteno (sp?) during a monday night game when the Jets where down bigtime and this idiot gets a sack late in the game (read garbage time) and he goes into his song and dance then one of the opponents walks up to him and simply points at the scoreboard . . . perfect!!!

But now everyone is doing it. Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson was cool because he was original, but from the Ichy shuffle on its like damn people act like you've been there before.

Man that crap drives me nuts.

Just my $.02
VolatileMan
aka Grumpy old man

deion sanders was pretty original if you are into that stuff.. other than him guys like chad johnson and TO just do it as a publicity stunt to advertise themselves... that is pathetic.

Stillers33
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
i like daveyport (what i call him) brout a good thing to the city of Pittsburgh

Stillers33
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
say...hanging on the goal post for awhile would be nice (just like in college)! Wonder why we don't have cheerleaders :cheer::cheer::cheer: after all this time?

roneys dont want em

stlrtruck
10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I've got a great idea for a new tradition at Heinz Field

1 - No dancing or hyping yourself up when you score a TD
2 - Act like you've been there before
3 - Hand the ball to the ref
4 - Walk off the field

The only exception is when you show the world that certain teams (i.e. the patsies) aren't as great as they think they are!!!

KYSteelersfan
10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
You know, I agree with everything everybody has said about this so far.

My take on this, who cares what happens after the touchdown. Let them celebrate a TD or a sack. As long as there is no little yellow flag laying on the ground afterwards.

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

jjpro11
10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
like i said before.. if it pumps up the player and the crowd, then im all for it. he isnt promoting himself like chad johnson and TO do... he's just happy to score and giving a little back to the fans.