PDA

View Full Version : Farrior passed over for Def. Player of the year

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2005, 12:08 AM
What a crock!! That damn ratbird Ed Reed got it! I hate to see a ratbird get any kind of award, I dont care who it is.

James was just as deserving and only missed it by 4 votes I think.

ironcitychef
01-09-2005, 04:07 AM
I wish Farrior could have got it but I'm not upset that Reed got it. He is a great player(heck we wanted to draft him and almost moved to do so) and had a great year(I always saw him taking one to the house). Just glad Ray Lewis didn't get the hype because I think the EA jinx kicked in. Ray was off by a couple of steps all year.

dlapitt
01-11-2005, 01:09 PM
I think the worst part of the voting wasn't that Reed won, it was that Ray Lewis actually got some votes. Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in football and it is ludicrous that he is starting over Farrior in the pro bowl. Maybe it's just so he can show off his dance moves!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I think the worst part of the voting wasn't that Reed won, it was that Ray Lewis actually got some votes. ?Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in football and it is ludicrous that he is starting over Farrior in the pro bowl. ?Maybe it's just so he can show off his dance moves!

very well said.. ray ray's stats this year are not pro bowl material when you look at what the others have. !! But becuz he's ray lewis, his name gets him in regardless.. I call BS !!

CowherLover
01-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Whether or not you like Terrell Owens, at least he calls a spade a spade. The mainstream media took clips from his interview when he said basically Ray was a criminal that just fot off. He also elaborated further in that interview about Ray's character and his association with the NFL. The way the NFL has a tendency to pick and choose its role models and PR players is sometimes a mystery. Before this year he had legitimate claim to Pro Bowl appearances with his subsequent performances, but this year is inexcusable. Not to mention I just can't stand the creep!