PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Folks Protesting USA but they are still steelers fans

atlsteelers
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21221278/

check out the boy - he is wearing a gold steelers t-shirt

Counselor
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
That is hilarious! See the Steelers bring the world together---er something like that. lol!

Godfather
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Most people in Nigeria are Browns fans. You have no idea how much "Cleveland Browns AFC North Champions" gear I saw last time I was there :tt02:

revefsreleets
10-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Not sure how I missed this one. All joking aside, I really question the timing of this. I in no way shape or form think that it's right for the Turkish to deny their own past horrible deeds, but why is the US Congress addressing this right now? Look at the facts:

We are in a war in which Turkey is an essential ally, as we move oil and water to our troops over their soil. They made it clear that if this resolution passed, there would be serious reprecussions, specifically cutting logistical support to the US. Another possible result could be Turks causing trouble in the North with the Kurds, which has always been the most stable part of post-Saddam Iraq.

Offending our allies, destabilizing the region and jeopardizing fuel and water supplies for our troops. Those were the possible results of passing this resolution over events that occurred more than 100 years ago. It looks bad, folks.

I hate to think that the Democrats would pass this measure to play politics. If so, this could be construed as sedition at best, treason at worst.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Is it me, or does the man in the foreground look like the love child of Chris Collinsworth and Adolph Hitler?