PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Spreads

Livinginthe past
10-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Not a good week, last week - Pats got whupped and I went 1-3 on the spread.

The running record is 9-7 (which might end up being the Pats record too)

Here are this weeks 'sure things' :

NEW ORLEANS (+3) @ Green Bay

Green bay are a team in terminal decline. N.O. are an unpredictable team, but should have enough to make this a one sided affair.

TAMPA BAY (-3) @ New York Jets

New York have a Dallas reject at QB which says it all. I expect the TB defense to outscore the Jets offense.

SEATTLE (+3) @ St.Louis

The Seahawks have the 2nd best running back in the game - this should be enough to dominate a poor St.Louis D.

MIAMI (+3) @ Buffalo

Miami have a decent running game and a dominant D. Buffalo have a talented D that has failed to fire this season and a non-existant Offense.
In the battle of mediocre QB's I expect Frerotte to edge it as he has the confidence going into the game of a winning record.

New England @ ATLANTA (-2.5)

Richard Seymour is the lastest casualty for the plagued Patriots - this could have serious ramifications in NE's effort to contain the powerful Atlanta running game.
Will Vick play? If he does, the smart money goes on a comprehensive Atlanta win - if he doesn't then maybe the Pats can keep it tight.

*Disclaimer* Livinginthe past has not lost faith in his team and will continue to be behind them 100%.

However he thinks that the injury losses will be a little too much to overcome against a good NFC outfit.

Cheers

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Not a good week, last week - Pats got whupped and I went 1-3 on the spread.

The running record is 9-7 (which might end up being the Pats record too)

Here are this weeks 'sure things' :

NEW ORLEANS (+3) @ Green Bay

Green bay are a team in terminal decline. N.O. are an unpredictable team, but should have enough to make this a one sided affair.

TAMPA BAY (-3) @ New York Jets

New York have a Dallas reject at QB which says it all. I expect the TB defense to outscore the Jets offense.

SEATTLE (+3) @ St.Louis

The Seahawks have the 2nd best running back in the game - this should be enough to dominate a poor St.Louis D.

MIAMI (+3) @ Buffalo

Miami have a decent running game and a dominant D. Buffalo have a talented D that has failed to fire this season and a non-existant Offense.
In the battle of mediocre QB's I expect Frerotte to edge it as he has the confidence going into the game of a winning record.

New England @ ATLANTA (-2.5)

Richard Seymour is the lastest casualty for the plagued Patriots - this could have serious ramifications in NE's effort to contain the powerful Atlanta running game.
Will Vick play? If he does, the smart money goes on a comprehensive Atlanta win - if he doesn't then maybe the Pats can keep it tight.

*Disclaimer* Livinginthe past has not lost faith in his team and will continue to be behind them 100%.

However he thinks that the injury losses will be a little too much to overcome against a good NFC outfit.

Cheers

NM
Don't quit your day job!

slashsteel
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey take it easy on him, the nimrod had one right. :funny:

And went against his own team? How quickly the mighty fall.

Brady is usually pretty sharp after a big loss, how could you bet against your own team? Pathetic!

But I am not sure which is worse his football knowledge or his picks. They run a close race.

Your predictions suck, we need to throw them out the door, but hey we wanna Sey mour. :rolleyes: :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Don't quit your day job!

Tell you what - I wont.

That was a bad week but i'll settle for taking an unexpected Patriots win at a tough NFC venue - Matt Schaub looks like a decent QB - our secondary made him look like Brady though!

Cheers

NM