Suitanim
10-09-2005, 06:56 AM
That's all I have to say about that...

CowherLover
10-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I second that, good game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Yep, I was there..what an awesome game !! Defense was the key there is no doubt. Michael Robinson is a playmaker but needs to get more consistent. 109,863 I believe it was and every last PSU fan there is hoarse this morning!

BB2W
10-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks Suit... there isn't much you can say. :cheer: PSU!!! :cheer:

makaveli_steeler36
10-09-2005, 04:29 PM
congrats PSU...maybe them and NU can face eachother in a bowl game.....good to see my 2 favorite teams are back up and running.....im happy for both....good luck the rest of the year

Suitanim
10-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks Suit... there isn't much you can say. :cheer: PSU!!! :cheer:

Believe me, there is an awful lot I could say...I'm VERY unhappy with OSU right now, in particular Troy Smith, but I will hold my tongue and see how Tressel reacts.

I have nothing bad to say about PSU though, they won fair and square.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Hats off to Joe Pa and his boys. Glad to see them back where they belong.

sisitki
10-10-2005, 11:57 AM
That was a good game. I'd like to see the replay. Maybe ESPN will make it the classic this week.

Suit - Smith didn't look good yesterday but he was playing a very experienced D. Our secondary are all seniors. I don't know, I friends with some OSU diehards here at work and they're down on Smith but if he played the whole Texas game, I think you would have won it. I still like him better than Zwick. Oh well, win some and lose some.

Hopefully we both still put a hurt on UM.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Wow,what a game (from what I watched).Those Playfull Housecats in Happy Valley need declawed.
:-p

Suitanim
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
That was a good game. I'd like to see the replay. Maybe ESPN will make it the classic this week.

Suit - Smith didn't look good yesterday but he was playing a very experienced D. Our secondary are all seniors. I don't know, I friends with some OSU diehards here at work and they're down on Smith but if he played the whole Texas game, I think you would have won it. I still like him better than Zwick. Oh well, win some and lose some.

Hopefully we both still put a hurt on UM.

Again, I'm trying to be sensitive to how good PSU's defense is, but with Holmes and Ginn out there, OSU should be throwing up at least 20-24 points against even the best defenses. I just don't think Smith is seeing the whole field, and he's missing open receivers. I don't know that Zwick is the answer, but I'm not sure I understand Tessel's philosophy. Obviously, Smith was not getting the job done, why not brink in Zwick off the bench and see if he couldn't spark the Offense?

Hammer67
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
What I am kind of pissed at is where are all the JoePa critics now? I heard people screaming bloody murder that he all of a sudden forgot how to coach.

Chico in the Post-Gazette points out that the www.joepamustgo.com website is now no longer online....too funny. Damn bandwagon fans...I hate em.

I.C. Lights
10-13-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm not a Penn State fan (Irish, for me), but it's really nice to see Penn State doing so well. I thought Ohio State had this in the bag, and am now really impressed. Congrats!

sisitki
10-14-2005, 07:26 AM
You know Hammer, I was starting to question JoePa myself but I'm not a bandwagon fan. Obviously the story of Williams coming to State because of Paterno changed my mind a little. I'm glad to see he's starting freshman this year and that he has picked a RB. I was growing sick of PSU running a tandem (except LJ's year) at RB. My reason I criticized Paterno was the lack of talent we've had the past few years. Seems like he was getting killed in recruiting.

Obviously something has changed. Maybe the D or the freshman have affected the attitude of the whole team.

And I have to say it, Chico sucks. I hate reading his crap.

Hammer67
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
You know Hammer, I was starting to question JoePa myself but I'm not a bandwagon fan. Obviously the story of Williams coming to State because of Paterno changed my mind a little. I'm glad to see he's starting freshman this year and that he has picked a RB. I was growing sick of PSU running a tandem (except LJ's year) at RB. My reason I criticized Paterno was the lack of talent we've had the past few years. Seems like he was getting killed in recruiting.

Obviously something has changed. Maybe the D or the freshman have affected the attitude of the whole team.

And I have to say it, Chico sucks. I hate reading his crap.

I kind of like Chico...what makes you say that? He has some insights into the team that I hadn't considered before...

The thing with JoePa was that just because he had a bad year or two, it isn't like all of a sudden he forgot everything. Was I frustrated that he wouldn't start freshmen at skill positions? SOmetimes. But Joe has always been traditional. That's what makes Joe...well...Joe. I love the fact that he emphasizes scholastics over football (unlike some coaches out there...ahem, bowden...). He's turned down pro jobs with the Patriots and the Steelers to stay at PSU. He's donated millions to the school. He has a wing of the Library named after him. He has energy and spunk, that's never left. As he said himself, they were only a few players and plays away from having winning seasons the past few years. Ah?but what do people know?wins cure all things? :grin:

People were saying he was out of touch in the 70's for Pete's sake. Any time he loses from here on out, he will be criticized that way, regardless if it's true or not.

Who would you rather have...Walt Harris in his 40's or Joe Paterno in his late 70's?

I know who i would take...

CowherLover
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Again, I'm trying to be sensitive to how good PSU's defense is, but with Holmes and Ginn out there, OSU should be throwing up at least 20-24 points against even the best defenses. I just don't think Smith is seeing the whole field, and he's missing open receivers. I don't know that Zwick is the answer, but I'm not sure I understand Tessel's philosophy. Obviously, Smith was not getting the job done, why not brink in Zwick off the bench and see if he couldn't spark the Offense?
Suit, did you like the outcome of the texas game? Thought not , neither did I. How in the world are you going to build consistansy if you do the Jackson-Germaine thing all year.
Leave them alone and they'll be fine. Continuity and leadership are what's important for this position and unfortunately the continuity is still lacking but every player I've heard interviewed so far has said they want to follow Smith because fo the fire they see in him and the type of leader he is.
IMO it would be INSANE to keep switching out, ridiculous as a matter of fact.

Suitanim
10-15-2005, 07:35 AM
The Stanley Jackson/Joe Germaine thing was entirely different than what I was suggesting. That was Cooper, and he played Jackson because he was a senior, that was why they alternated. It should also be noted the end result of the Germaine/Jackson thing was not all that bad. We lost 1 game that year to MSU that we would have won if Cooper would have thrown a pass or two during the last drive. Germaine came off the bench to lead a game winning drive against Jake Plummer's ASU team and we ended up #2 and probably would have annihilated Tennessee for the National Championship had we not lost that stupid Spartans game.

Tressel (supposedly) alternated Smith/Zwick in the Texans game because Smith was so rusty, so I guess that's at least a viable excuse. I'm in no way shape or form suggesting a "regime change", but when you are playing at a high level, there is nothing wrong with temporarily pulling your starter to try and spark the O...you see it all the time in College and pro ball.

Everything I'm hearing from the players is positive now...a lot of them were saying they were just under too much pressure, and now they can just relax and play football...maybe they are right?

sisitki
11-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Hammer,

I just find the Post Gazette so Pro-Pitt that it annoys me. I actually like both teams until I started reading Gazette.com. They've made me hate the Panthers.

Chico has been better lately and he does have some insight.. but he annoys me. Inconsistent. He constantly points out how PSU has fallen from the upper ranks (since 99). But when we pull out a close game against Northwestern (who turns out to be a decent team), his take is - PSU should win, they're much better. Which is it? If we're as bad as he was writing earlier in the year, we should be getting credit for any win. Obviously he's changed his tone now since we're tied for the top of the Big Ten. All of this while Pitt is losing to Ohio and trying to win a conference that's now the equivalent to the MAC.

Hammer67
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Hammer,

I just find the Post Gazette so Pro-Pitt that it annoys me. I actually like both teams until I started reading Gazette.com. They've made me hate the Panthers.

Chico has been better lately and he does have some insight.. but he annoys me. Inconsistent. He constantly points out how PSU has fallen from the upper ranks (since 99). But when we pull out a close game against Northwestern (who turns out to be a decent team), his take is - PSU should win, they're much better. Which is it? If we're as bad as he was writing earlier in the year, we should be getting credit for any win. Obviously he's changed his tone now since we're tied for the top of the Big Ten. All of this while Pitt is losing to Ohio and trying to win a conference that's now the equivalent to the MAC.

True...but his writing and coverage have been good this year. THe story leading up to the OSU game was awesome (either Friday or saturday edition).

I expect the PG to be pro Pitt as that is the home team. I do like CHico better them Sam Ross of the Tribune.

clevestinks
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I can`t believe that we are giving a double digit spread against Wisc, does anyone think that we will win by that much??

Suitanim
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Camp Randall is a tough place to play even a mediocre Wisconsin team, and this is a pretty good Badgers team. They only have one loss, and that was on the road against a surprisingly good Northwestern squad.

I think PSU will win, but any spread bigger than 6 is a teaser...

sisitki
11-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Actually the game is in Happy Valley but a double digit spread still suprises me.

Yeah, I do think we'll come out big. I think this will be a shocker like the Gopher game. From what I've seen this year, the Badgers have no D.

clevestinks
11-06-2005, 06:55 AM
We are Penn State! Great game yesterday!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2005, 09:29 AM
One of my best friends was at the game!! He said it awesome. He's been to 4 PSU games this year so far and this year each one is just better than the next!!

Go Lions !!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Great game! They should move up to #8 in the polls after the VT and FSU defeats.

Suitanim
11-07-2005, 08:38 AM
It may be a tad premature, but if both PSU and OSU win out, they'll be two top 10 reps in the polls and hopefully both snag BCS games. What I'm having trouble understanding is why I hear references to them sharing the Big 10 title when clearly PSU won the head to head match-up. Of course I'm a Buckeys fan and won't mind if that's how it works, but it seems a little bass-ackwards to me...I know if the situations were reversed, i'd be pissed to have to share the crown with a team we beat.

Lyn
11-07-2005, 08:51 AM
The last game of the year is PSU/MSU as always. PSU is definitely the better team but..............

bangpow
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
The last game of the year is PSU/MSU as always. PSU is definitely the better team but..............

No way PSU loses against MSU. John L Smith is on the hot seat right now in East Lansing and ever since the Michigan loss, MSU hasn't been themselves. Every year that JLS has been there, they've started out hot and then totally fizzled during the last half of the season and his recruiting has been god awful.

It seems that the rest of the teams in the Big Ten have figured out the Spartans offense and MSU's defense is HORRIBLE. Robinson is going to have a field day in that game.

The only saving grace for MSU is Drew Stanton, but that Penn State defense is pretty tough.

sisitki
11-12-2005, 01:02 AM
I can't see PSU / MSU being close. The Spartans are falling apart and we've played better every week after the Michigan game.

Everyone talks about MSU playing the spoiler role but we've had a pretty good record against them since joining the Big Ten.

I'm going down to the game. Last time I was there was Zack Mills freshman year. Back when we all still loved Zack. He brought us from behind to win. Seems like that was 20 years ago now. I kinda feel bad for Mills...I'm happy he's gone but his career seemed so promising at the beginning.

Anyway, Lions win in a easy one....42-17.

SteelCityMan786
11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Penn State Will be up 56-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. and Pretty Much a Majority of the Fans Remaining will part of the Blue Sea Going to the Game

Can you say Deja vu for PSU Opponents
Penn State 77, Michigan State 10

Suitanim
11-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I thought the game was today...didn't realize they had a bye this week. That doesn't bode well for an MSU team that is fading fast...

clevestinks
11-13-2005, 08:46 AM
I hate the bye week, you usually don`t move up in the polls

BB2W
11-14-2005, 10:52 AM
They are 5th in the polls...

Did you guys see after LSU beat Alabama they went to the "Gameday" crew (Fowler, Corso, Herbstriet) who were at LSU outside the stadium... it sounded like the LSU fans were chanting "WE WANT PENN STATE ... WE WANT PENN STATE", or "Bring on Penn State"... hard to tell. Did anyone else hear this???

I.C. Lights
11-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I think Penn St. is actually underrated (I think they should be 3rd). They lost one game to Michigan, who can beat anybody despite their record.

LSU beats Alabama, who was extremely fortunate to be undefeated anyway, and now they think they can take Penn St.? Um.... no.

As an ND fan, I have a bit of a different take on the rankings, but it seems like teams north of the Mason-Dixon line get the shaft every year. It would be nice to see a match-up like Penn St./LSU just to make that a bit more clear.

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2005, 09:40 PM
That's right if it wasn't for the rip off refs we'd be 3rd in the nation

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Big Ten Champs!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Go PSU !!!

Now onto that Rose Bowl :rofl:

ok well, ..........

Suitanim
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I can't wait to see the BCS after this...the Big 10 should have 2 of 8 representatives...

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2005, 08:37 PM
big Ten Champions!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations To The 2005 Penn State Nittany Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suitanim
11-19-2005, 08:44 PM
big Ten Champions!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations To The 2005 Penn State Nittany Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Co-Champions, the Ohio State Buckeyes!

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Suit, to be or not to be that is the BCS Rematch Question

BB2W
11-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Congrats to everyone envolved with Penn State football... What a season!!! :alcohol:

clevestinks
11-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Great season P.S.U. And Joe Pa, your the best. 79 years young, still running, yes running to and from the lockerrooom. He is an inspiration to us all.

Hammer67
11-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Holy shit...Miami lost...then Fresno State was dominating USC until the end of the game. I almost had a heart attack. PSU could have had a shot at the National Championship!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

tootalltoscore
11-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Great game, I really enjoyed it and to think if wasn't for that last play against Michigan Penn State would have had a perfect season.

I think they deserve a shot against Texas or USC, IMHO

geran42o
11-21-2005, 07:02 PM
As a Buckeye fan I was really rooting for Michigan State to pull the upset. But give credit to where it's due...Congrats to Penn State and good luck with which ever bowl game you end up with.
:banging:man that hurt