PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Wins!!!!!!!!!!

Steeler in Carolina
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Kentucky knocks off #1 ranked LSU. Gotta love college football.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow what a year for upsets. I've got to give props to Kentucky they are a good team.

CantStop85
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
If it weren't for two fumbles against South Carolina, UK could be #1 right now.

TackleMeBen
10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
that was one of the best collage games i have seen in awhile... Good job Wildcats!!!

Blitzburgh Gator
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes, great game..

This has been quite a season so far, and next week shapes up to be a great one as well.

touchdownward
10-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Highly entertaining game.
Woodson overcame 2 INTs to knock of #1.

revefsreleets
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
If it weren't for two fumbles against South Carolina, UK could be #1 right now.

Er, what about the fumble into the endzone that SC committed on the first drive?

Hines0wnz
10-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Great game and great win for the football program. Who knew the Wildcats would ever be better in football than basketball. I hope Gillespie turns things around this year though!

GoFins11
10-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Congrats to UK.

Hey Blitzburgh Gator, hows G-Ville. I just moved from there:crying02:

Steeler in Carolina
10-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Now, Cal goes down and the top 2 teams lose today. I guess Ohio St will be the new number 1.

Hines0wnz
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Now, Cal goes down and the top 2 teams lose today. I guess Ohio St will be the new number 1.

Yes! :cheers:

Crushzilla
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I didn't really get into college football until this year.

Looks like I picked a winner!

Blitzburgh Gator
10-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats to UK.

Hey Blitzburgh Gator, hows G-Ville. I just moved from there:crying02:

It a long summer, but things are great now that all the college girls are back.

It will be even better Saturday after we knock Kentucky back into reality...

GoFins11
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
It a long summer, but things are great now that all the college girls are back.

It will be even better Saturday after we knock Kentucky back into reality...

Yeah, I miss Florida girls. It seems like there are a lot less hot chicks up here. Maybe thats Erie but way less.

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 05:22 PM
No rest for the Wildcats. They lose to Florida this Saturday. And, no, I'm not hater. I hate Florida worse. It's just the way it is.

CantStop85
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
No rest for the Wildcats. They lose to Florida this Saturday. And, no, I'm not hater. I hate Florida worse. It's just the way it is.

Shun the non-believer!

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Non-believer? In what? Santa Klaus? UK won some big games, but this would hand Florida it's 3rd loss and I don't see that happening.

GoFins11
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM

Hate the Gators?

You need a hug:hug:

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Actually, I can't hate them this year, the poor bastards. THEY probably need the hug. The Outback Bowl is nice, I hear, though.

GoFins11
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Actually, I can't hate them this year, the poor bastards. THEY probably need the hug. The Outback Bowl is nice, I hear, though.

You act like they lost 6 games or something. We'll be fine. If we have to go to the Outback Bowl, so what. Next year this team should be a lot better. As long as we beat Tennessee, Georgia, and FSU , I'm happy.

Blitzburgh Gator
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Get the Gators now, because this will be our last rebuilding year for quite some time. After our 3rd straight top 5 recruiting class this year, its going to be reloading instead of rebuilding from now on.
Even on a down year we'll still be playing on New Years Day...

But back to UK, they are a real good team. I just think having their 3rd tough game in a row compared to us coming off a bye week wll end up being the difference.

Then again, I didnt think they'd beat LSU either.....so who knows what will happen...

Crushzilla
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Shun the non-believer!

ShuuuuuuuuunnnNN

Who gave him that info... the magical leoplauridon?

revefsreleets
10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Too bad Florida was one of almost all the SEC teams that refused to play the Buckeyes in a home/away series. That would have been a great early September match-up, and the weather would have been warm enough still that the Gators would have still been in their comfort zone.

Lord Stiller
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Too bad Florida was one of almost all the SEC teams that refused to play the Buckeyes in a home/away series. That would have been a great early September match-up, and the weather would have been warm enough still that the Gators would have still been in their comfort zone.

So instead OSU plays Kent State and division 2A teams?

Ohio State plays a ***** out-of-conference schedule on purpose

GoFins11
10-16-2007, 05:21 PM

The Gators have a hard enough time trying to schedule a major rival like Miami because of the SEC.

Blitzburgh Gator
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
1) I've never heard of OSU trying to schedule anyone from the SEC, where are you getting that from>?

2) I'm not going to make apologies for Florida's schedule. We play 8 teams that went to bowls last year.
Not to mention, our schedule last year was rated toughest in the nation.

3) As for your "comfort zone" comment, we just got done beating OSU in the dead of winter (January 8th).

revefsreleets
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Aha! Defensive Gators fans respond.

Alright, where to begin. First off, Arizona is typically pretty warm, even in January. And the BCS Championship game was played in a dome, as well.

As for "hearing about it", how could you? You're an SEC fan. Andy Geiger, former AD of OSU is the guy who scheduled all the ooc BCS games that the very uninformed Lord Stiller called some five letter word that didn't show up for viewing. I'm assuming it was some euphemism for "soft". Texas, USC, Nebraska, VT, Miami, Cal, Oklahoma are all scheduled for the Buckeyes in home and away match-ups for the next 10 or 12 years or so. There's not a single perennial top 25 team that schedules as heavily as OSU. And these are all September match-ups. He specifically mentioned Florida as a team that wouldn't even accept OSU in the swamp, let alone a home/away match up.

OSU has trouble scheduling ooc games as well. It's not like there are a ton of takers to get beat every year. They can find a lot of teams who like a big payday, though, so they decided to keep the money in-state. The non-conference opponents they play are almost all from the MAC, and they play at least one Ohio team a year. That's dangerous. Cincinnati was in the top 10 until a week ago.

YSU is a joke. OSU had NEVER played a 1-AA team until this year. Tressel threw his old program a $500,000 a year bone with that one.

Last year, depending on where you look, had Cincinnati, Stanford, or even Oregon as having the toughest SOS. Florida is only #1 when based on opponents wins. That stat means almost nothing based on comparative weighting. Considering that Florida played a horrible D1-AA team last year (at least the Buckeyes and Michigan had the decency to schedule quality 1-AA foes), it's pretty easy to toss that stat out.

revefsreleets
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Oh, and the 2006 Buckeyes had 7 bowl teams on their schedule last year:

Cincy
Northern Illinois
Texas
PSU
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota

Blitzburgh Gator
10-21-2007, 02:25 AM
There's not a single perennial top 25 team that schedules as heavily as OSU

I am just going to assume this was a joke. Your OOC schedule this year:

Youngstown St (5-2 against mostly D2 schools)
Akron (3-4)
Washington (2-5)
Kent (3-5)

Yes, quite the heavy OOC schedule there.

Oh, and the 2006 Buckeyes had 7 bowl teams on their schedule last year:

Cincy
Northern Illinois
Texas
PSU
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota

And this years Buckeyes have played NO top 25 teams. They havent even played anyone in the "others receiving votes" category. In seven games, UF have already played FOUR top 20 teams. Yet you want to harp on our OOC schedule which is completely ridiculous...

Why in the world would we schedule OSU when we already have one of the toughest roads to the championship?....we already have to play FSU OOC every year, and Miami the next 2 years, in addition to the toughest schedule in the SEC.

Quite simply, UF has no reason to schedule a game like that. Our schedule is already one of the hardest in the nation on a yearly basis.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 08:55 AM
For the 400th time, how again exactly is it the Buckeyes fault that Washington sucks this year? And how does that make up for the long list of perennial top 20 teams they have scheduled in home/away games from 2004-2020? And YSU is the FIRST D1-AA school they ever played, and that was solely Tress throwing his old team a bone. As for other non-conference games, they keep the money in state.

The old SEC argument is weak. The conference is good, but they have an overinflated sense of self-worth. If it's so suicidal to play any decent top 20 ooc opponents, then why does Tennessee schedule good ooc opponents almost every year? The fact remains, the fans want to see top 20 teams play each other ooc, and some schools like USC and OSU give it to them and most don't.

More to the point, what I'm hearing is that OSU schedules soft, ostensibly (and I can't see any other reason anyone would accuse then of this otherwise) so they have the easiest path possible to the NC game. Well, that makes absolutely zero sense. If they wanted an easy ride, why schedule away games with Oklahoma and USC and VT, etc, etc. So stick a fork in that argument.

I'm also saying, yes, Florida avoids playing OSU because A) They never travel out of state for non-conference games, and if they ever do, they never leave the SE (this is a plain fact) and B) They are afraid of scheduling a game they very well might lose and that could affect their NC chances. You are saying, no, no, no, I have it all wrong because Florida doesn't want to play OSU.......................because they are afraid of scheduling a game that could affect their NC chances. And, by the way, when OSU tries to schedule games with Florida, they too are scheduling games that could effect their own NC chances. One team takes the risk, and the other doesn't.

Hines0wnz
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
3) As for your "comfort zone" comment, we just got done beating OSU in the dead of winter (January 8th).

lol....in Arizona, tough winters out there. :flap:

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
lol....in Arizona, tough winters out there. :flap:

It's especially brutal in the Dome. Temperatures have been known to drop into the mid-70's.

GoFins11
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
In order to judge a team you have to look and see how many bowl teams they play.

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Exactly. And to do that, you must wait until the end of the season. Florida played 8 last year, and, since OSU counts as one for Florida, then OSU played 8 as well, counting the Gators of course.

Blitzburgh Gator
10-26-2007, 05:23 AM
For the 400th time, how again exactly is it the Buckeyes fault that Washington sucks this year? And how does that make up for the long list of perennial top 20 teams they have scheduled in home/away games from 2004-2020? And YSU is the FIRST D1-AA school they ever played, and that was solely Tress throwing his old team a bone. As for other non-conference games, they keep the money in state.

The old SEC argument is weak. The conference is good, but they have an overinflated sense of self-worth. If it's so suicidal to play any decent top 20 ooc opponents, then why does Tennessee schedule good ooc opponents almost every year? The fact remains, the fans want to see top 20 teams play each other ooc, and some schools like USC and OSU give it to them and most don't.

More to the point, what I'm hearing is that OSU schedules soft, ostensibly (and I can't see any other reason anyone would accuse then of this otherwise) so they have the easiest path possible to the NC game. Well, that makes absolutely zero sense. If they wanted an easy ride, why schedule away games with Oklahoma and USC and VT, etc, etc. So stick a fork in that argument.

I'm also saying, yes, Florida avoids playing OSU because A) They never travel out of state for non-conference games, and if they ever do, they never leave the SE (this is a plain fact) and B) They are afraid of scheduling a game they very well might lose and that could affect their NC chances. You are saying, no, no, no, I have it all wrong because Florida doesn't want to play OSU.......................because they are afraid of scheduling a game that could affect their NC chances. And, by the way, when OSU tries to schedule games with Florida, they too are scheduling games that could effect their own NC chances. One team takes the risk, and the other doesn't.

You want to talk about "overinflated sense of self worth"?.......why dont you take a look at how you think teams that dont play OSU are scared of them. You are so ridiculous that its hard to even discuss issues with someone that destorts the facts so much.

Here are the facts. UF has only one spot on the schedule to do a home and home with anyone because of:
a) The game against UGA in Jacksonville every year
b) The home and home with FSU every year
c) 4 SEC road games every year
d) the need for 7 home games every year

Considering that we have to have 7 home games every year for our athletic budget and local businesses, plus the Jax game, plus being locked into playing FSU, and the 4 SEC road games......that only leaves the one extra game for a home/home.. The years that the UGA game is considered one fo the 4 SEC road games, we are locked into going to FSU so that doesnt open a spot up.

With the one spot we do have, we have scheduled Miami, and have signed to play USF in the coming years. If you honestly have a problem with us using the extra game to play in state rivals, then it is exactly that.....your problem.

UF is going to do what is best for our program, and being "scared" of anything has no part in any decision that is made. You are so full of yourself its ridiculous. Every year we play a tougher schedule than you.....and then you try to act like we scared of playing competition. Its just silly.
We always have a tough schedule, usually as tough as any in the nation......and we dont need to make any apologies for our schedule. If a few OSU fans want to whine about it then that is just inconsequential. The rest of the nation sees the truth, its not like those ranking are done by SEC fans.
Your peers have spoken, and you just dont like what they have to say...

You have somewhat amused me with the idea that we would be scared of playing you guys though. The fact is that OSU only has 3 ranked teams on their schedule, the highest ranked being #19 Michigan. By the end of Saturday night, UF will have played FIVE teams ranked higher than that. By the end of the year, South Carolina will be the 6th, and hopefully LSU again in the SEC championship the 7th.
That is SIX, possibly SEVEN teams ranked higher than ANYONE you play!!

And lets do continue to overlook the fact that the Big 10 refuses to schedule a conference championship game, whereas the SEC champ will have had a 13th game against a top team. And lets not mention how your conference tries to give its teams an easier road to the BCS. But that discussion actually has merit, so by all means lets not go there...

The pot calling the kettle black.....

But since you seem intent, go ahead and spout off all the claims of us being scared you want. I am not going to continue argueing about this with someone who just has an agenda and doesnt even try to look at the whole story..

Every year we have one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Looking at this year's schedule, OSU obviously cannot say the same. Yet somehow you want to say that is our fault for not coming up there. Fix your own problems..
Our schedule is fine, you guys are the ones that have a plate full of cupcakes lined up. But noooo, that couldnt be OSU's fault......it must be those damn SEC teams.... LMAO

Anyways, come back with your claims and of cowardice and be done with it. It doesnt change the facts, and I'm not wasting any more time on this ridiculous discussion than I already have.

Anyone objective can see you have an incredably weak schedule....and trying to deflect that by saying other teams are scared isnt going to change anyones opinion outside of a few Big 10 homers.
You are welcome to knock yourself out trying though... :cheers:

revefsreleets
10-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Sure signs that I've hit a nerve! First off, let's start with the falacy of the need for 7 home games. If you play a top 20 foe on the road, you get paid very well. Add in the fact that the game in Jacksonville is spilt revenues, and that argument is out the window. Nice try, though.

Playing in state rivals is fine. That is what OSU does. But it ignores the basic fact that Florida refuses to leave the Southeast. Ever. And it is an undenaible fact.

As for the SEC, no, the rest of the nation does not drink the Kool Aid. See Undeafeated Auburn 04 "snubbed". I'll tell you EXACTLY why they were snubbed. Their ooc schedule was:
The Citadel
Louisiana Monroe
LA Tech
The Tigers were rightly penalized for scheduling weak and scheduling regionally. If they would have scheduled even one ooc perrennial contender, they have played in that NC game. Then again, had they played a team of OSU caliber, they may have lost, and that goes to the heart of my argument.

I find it laughable that you continue to parade THIS years schedule out as proof of anything, as if it's OSU's responsibity to ensure that the Big Ten is strong conference every year. And how do you know how straong the SEC is this year, anyway? It's possible, maybe even likely that the best teams in the conference all have two losses. Furthermore, when OSU played them, Purdue and Washington were ranked, PSU is ranked, Wisky will most likely be ranked, Illiniois could be ranked and Michigan could be back in the top 10. You are prognosticating, so what's good for the goose and all that.

Explain to me exactly why a conference with 11 teams would could or even should have a conference championship game? You do know that the only reason the SEC does it is as a cash grab, right? Maybe you don't, maybe you don't. And what's this garbage about the Big Ten paving an easy path to the BCS? How? Where? When? By not having a conference championship game? Again, name another 10-11 team conference that does.

I'm certainly not blaiming the SEC for anything, but I am pointing out some obvious facts, first and foremost the hatred that the SEC has for all the other conferences, stemming from both arrogance and ignorance. Your post filled with misrepresentations, empty extrapolations and blind homerism seems to affirm that.

Finally, the bottom line is that OSU asked, and UF answered. The answer was no. Deflection attempts aside, the reasons for such an answer are obvious. And you never did address how a team that supposedly lines its schedule with "cupcakes" would not only accept but ASK for home/away games with cupcakes like Florida, USC, VT, CAL, OK, Nebraska, Miami (FL)?

Quite simply, you can't, not without with contradicting yourself. But I understand if you back out of this.