PDA

View Full Version : BYE WEEK-OVER!!!!

Sith Lord
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank goodness....now lets get back to business at hand!

PalmerSteel
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
sunday night, under the lights. the broncos are going to be fired up because they have not been playing well. both teams fresh coming off of byes. its gonna be a slugfest.

klick81
10-15-2007, 10:34 AM
We CANNOT take this team lightly. They WILL be playin with a chip on their shoulder.

Lord Stiller
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
bring on the DONKIES

:tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
10-15-2007, 11:40 AM
We owe them a little pay back from last year. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Glace
10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
So glad the bye week is over. I hate seeing other football games on with the Steelers nowhere in sight.

I just hope the week off was just what the doctor ordered for our guys to get healthy.

Even if he is still hurting, Ward isn't the kind of guy that will miss 3 straight games....no way...

I'd say after Arizona, NOBODY will be taken lightly anymore.

Lord Stiller
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Even if he is still hurting, Ward isn't the kind of guy that will miss 3 straight games....no way...

Yep, everybody should be back except for McFadden

Big D
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
it was and empty football sunday without having the steelers on. It should be an interesting 2nd half of our season as our schedule does get far more complicated and far more divisional games. this team will be tested the next couple months

jjpro11
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
worst weekend of the entire football season. i dread it every year.

The Duke
10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Just a quick stat...on this game we'll need to run willie a lot against the 32nd ranked run defense and let Ben pass when necessary against the 1st ranked pass defense. seems like the easiest way to win,unless Ben has another excellent game like he did at mile high in the playoffs. just my thoughts

alittlejazzbird
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Just a quick stat...on this game we'll need to run willie a lot against the 32nd ranked run defense and let Ben pass when necessary against the 1st ranked pass defense. seems like the easiest way to win,unless Ben has another excellent game like he did at mile high in the playoffs. just my thoughts

If Willie can have a 200 yard game (oh, to dream!), that should free up Ben to complete carefully chosen passes at will. While I don't treat any opponent lightly, I'm much less concerned about Denver than I was when the schedule came out earlier this year. Hopefully we set the tone early and we dictate how the game goes.

Does Denver really have that level of disparity between their pass and rush defenses? Wow.

HometownGal
10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Bring on Ratface and his Broncs - we're going to be ready for 'em! :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Hopefully Willie has a big game to retake his rushing lead. I also see him getting more goal line carries because of the whole Dookie situation.

SteelDogFan
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
This game is scary the Broncos are coming off a bye and they lost their last three games. The Steelers are going to have their hands full. When was the last time you saw a Denver team lose four in a row. Considering they are last against the run we should win handily. I think this is a season breaker for them.

Galax Steeler
10-16-2007, 04:12 AM
As long as we can establish willie parker early in the game then our deffense can take care of the rest.

verks36
10-16-2007, 07:20 AM
sunday night, under the lights. the broncos are going to be fired up because they have not been playing well. both teams fresh coming off of byes. its gonna be a slugfest.

ya it is going to be a slugfest. And when it is a slug fest between the 2 teams the steelers rarley lose

Lord Stiller
10-16-2007, 07:27 AM
ya it is going to be a slugfest. And when it is a slug fest between the 2 teams the steelers rarley lose

Well they did against Arizona

DACEB
10-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Well they did against Arizona

Call me crazy, but I don't think we showed all our cards (so to speak) against the Cards.

No need to give our conference and division rivals any film to study that early in the season against a non-conference foe, even if it was Whiz and company.

I honestly think Tomlin wanted to see the team struggle a little against a team that was well prepared and informed on how to beat us. This is after all a game of attrition.

Go ahead call me crazy!!

Edman
10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
The Broncos, embarrassed and hurting over their loss to the Chargers, will sell out to stop the run. Ironically, most teams still believe the Steelers are a 3 yards and a cloud of dust running team when the Steelers have been far from that. They PASSED to get a lead, then choked the ball extensively. Playaction is the key.

Denver has a horrible Run D. And you know how bad run D's work out. They'll get a few stops here and there, but they'll eventually cave in.

BurghZ0n3
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
...I'd say that Broncos will be flabbergasted by our dominance at Mile High! Bye week was for the ample adjustments for the next 7 games...:tt02::tt02::tt02:

klick81
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Turnovers will be key here...and I hope after a week off, our guys will not be off-beat.

TackleMeBen
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
i am sure coach tomlin will have the boys ready to play.